579 4 2017-3-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jim Watkins
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9132172 ft
United States

Hello friends,

I am interested in comparing notes, especially with other former beta testers who are still running firmware 02.00.0012.  I'm not sure how long this has been the case, but when flying my Phantom 4 in P mode with obstacle avoidance turned on, the maximum speed I can achieve is around 16 mph at best.  When flying from left to right, (sideways/crabbing) I cant do much better than about 12 mph.  The maximum speed is supposed to be about 21 mph in this mode.  When I hit the return to home button, the P4 returns to home between 21 and 22 mph.  While flying in P mode with obstacle avoidance turned off, I get about 37 mph typically and in sport mode about 45 mph as one would expect.  I am running firmware 02.00.0012 and IOS 10.2.1 DJI GO 4 version 4.06 on my iPad Air 2.  I am starting to suspect that the firmware we beta testers are still running is the culprit.  I would be interested in comparing notes with others running 02.00.0012 to see if they too are seeing reduced speeds.  I also would like to hear any other theories as to why I'm getting reduced performance in this mode and what might be done to fix it.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--Jim

Burbank, CA
2017-3-18
Use props
StephenGSY
lvl.3
Flight distance : 814232 ft
Guernsey

I get this problem and I am not on the Beta Firmware.
2017-3-18
Use props
StephenGSY
lvl.3
Flight distance : 814232 ft
Guernsey

I get this problem and I am not on the Beta Firmware. I can't put my finger on exactly whats causing it but after an IMU and Compass Calibration it seemed better. However occasinally I do get much reduced speeds in P Mode. Wish I could put my finger on whats causing it. Also wish I could get the Beta
2017-3-18
Use props
Jim Watkins
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9132172 ft
United States

StephenGSY Posted at 2017-3-18 14:37
I get this problem and I am not on the Beta Firmware. I can't put my finger on exactly whats causing it but after an IMU and Compass Calibration it seemed better. However occasinally I do get much reduced speeds in P Mode. Wish I could put my finger on whats causing it. Also wish I could get the Beta

As I said, I am not certain it has anything to do with the beta firmware, but that's the first thing that came to mind as it's the one thing that's different about those of us who beta tested.  Thanks for your input.  Maybe, with a little help, we can get to the bottom of this.

--Jim
2017-3-18
Use props
TexasTurbo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1172484 ft
United States

This is normal in Pmode. Also take into consideration head winds. If you want to fly out faster switch to sport mode to fight the head winds.
2017-3-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules