Digital Zoom not Working
2637 16 2017-3-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
A.L.E.X
lvl.1
Flight distance : 361132 ft
Canada

I just bought a new Phantom 4 Pro from Henrys camera store. So far, its been great. I have noticed some moire on steel roof tops, but I think tweeking some camera settings can fix this. My main concern is that I can't get the digital zoom function to work. I'm using an iphone 6s with DJI go 4 app. I'm also in 1080p video mode. Has anyone else used the iphone 6s to zoom? I'm wondering if perhaps its not supported. I thought all ios devices were. I did some searches, and couldn't find much specific information.
2017-3-19
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

I do not believe it works on the P4P - only the P4..
2017-3-19
Use props
A.L.E.X
lvl.1
Canada

I saw it done in this video If I can get a hold of a different device with the go 4 app on it, I will see if it supports a zoom.
2017-3-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Be vigilant flying over steel roofs, compass doesn't like steel structures. Good look with your new P4p..
2017-3-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

P4Pro does not support digital zoom recently.
2017-3-19
Use props
A.L.E.X
lvl.1
Canada

Thanks everyone for the replies. I've been preoccupied lately, so sorry for the late reply. Hallmar007 I have noticed that shooting in 2.7k decreases Moire on roof tops, but I guess the camera design is the cause rather than some defect. Natalia I don't know why DJI would remove a feature like zoom capability, but hope it gets implemented again in a future firmware update.
2017-4-13
Use props
fansb2edd25e
lvl.3
Flight distance : 736775 ft
United States

Are you talking about the
2017-4-13
Use props
fansb2edd25e
lvl.3
Flight distance : 736775 ft
United States

Are you talking about the auto focus "zoom" function?
2017-4-13
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

A.L.E.X Posted at 2017-4-13 13:45
Thanks everyone for the replies. I've been preoccupied lately, so sorry for the late reply. Hallmar007 I have noticed that shooting in 2.7k decreases Moire on roof tops, but I guess the camera design is the cause rather than some defect. Natalia I don't know why DJI would remove a feature like zoom capability, but hope it gets implemented again in a future firmware update.

I don't know why you would want the feature, all it does is degrade your video images by cropping them.
2017-4-13
Use props
Poisony
lvl.1

Sweden

We need the digital zoom feature for P4P !
2017-4-14
Use props
Poisony
lvl.1

Sweden

Want to be able to use the digital zoom in "live view" to zoom in on objects.
2017-4-14
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Poisony Posted at 2017-4-14 15:46
Want to be able to use the digital zoom in "live view" to zoom in on objects.

Why? So you can see a crappy picture.
2017-4-14
Use props
Poisony
lvl.1

Sweden

Geebax Posted at 2017-4-14 15:48
Why? So you can see a crappy picture.

Eh no? To be able to zoom in on objects BEFORE pressing the record button or the shutter button... Either way, why would you not include another good feature like this? If you don't like it then don't use it...
2017-4-14
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Poisony Posted at 2017-4-14 15:50
Eh no? To be able to zoom in on objects BEFORE pressing the record button or the shutter button... Either way, why would you not include another good feature like this? If you don't like it then don't use it...

It is not a good feature. All it does is crop the image, increasing the pixel size and reducing the resolution. You can do exactly the same thing after in Photoshop or Lightroom, and do it better. The difference is, when you do it in post production, you can undo it if you don't like it. If you do it in the camera, you do not have that undo option.
2017-4-14
Use props
Poisony
lvl.1

Sweden

Geebax Posted at 2017-4-14 17:13
It is not a good feature. All it does is crop the image, increasing the pixel size and reducing the resolution. You can do exactly the same thing after in Photoshop or Lightroom, and do it better. The difference is, when you do it in post production, you can undo it if you don't like it. If you do it in the camera, you do not have that undo option.

You misunderstand everything...

I would like to be able to use digital zoom in LIVE VIEW, To LOOK at objects BEFORE I EVEN RECORD. I will ofcourse not record in FULL ZOOM. P

This feature can be good in MANY situations! I know people flying drones for Missing People Group and they NEED that Digital Zoom feature. It's not about RECORDING or TAKING PHOTOS. It's about to be able to ZOOM IN in LIVE VIEW.

Do you understand NOW? =)))
2017-4-15
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>
Germany

There is an easy workaround - both for iOS and Android:
It's "Accessibility" in the settings. Gives you zoom functions for your screen.
If activated: On Android triple-tap with one finger on the screen. On iOS single-tap with three fingers.
2017-4-15
Use props
Poisony
lvl.1

Sweden

Eric13 Posted at 2017-4-15 07:30
There is an easy workaround - both for iOS and Android:
It's "Accessibility" in the settings. Gives you zoom functions for your screen.
If activated: On Android triple-tap with one finger on the screen. On iOS single-tap with three fingers.

Thank you for your workaround but it does not help us with P4P+
2017-4-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules