Just packaged my Mavic up for warranty repair.
3667 98 2017-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mmee
lvl.3
United States

Grotto13 Posted at 2017-4-11 20:21
Just got same call today. I was happy I answer phone for that 1 lol. He was  kinda vague and said same about a move and transition . Then he said something about waiting on a replacement. I had said mine was a repair and that I got a call last week saying it was done and going to be shipped out in couple days. It never happen and I never got tracking # promised . Understandably things happen . I didn't know if he ment new facility was waiting on my shipment from the 1 it went to or what?   I told him I have been and will be patient , I just want everything to arrive back and good as new. He said of course . Now a few hours later after call I got another email saying repair done shipping will happen in next 3 days. I know they are backed up between repairs and new production and do understand but just not sure why they couldn't just say they needed more time instead of getting our hopes up. DJI has definitely kept great contact through whole repair process I must say and Mindy and the other moderators have been great help ! Just would have preferred of course none of  the last min confusions. Hopefully we will get our tracking #s soon and be back up an flying and shooting vids . I can promise I definitely going to be as careful as I can flying when I do get it back! I also most say , the moth I had craving to fly and couldn't ,had me reading the forum gaining a ton of mavic knowledge  for when this baby gets back!  DJI makes bad ass products which prob have some secret  alien technologies in them. Maybe that why repairs take so long. Maybe they reshot to moon for repair haaa .Anyway good luck All and everyone keep everyone posted haaaa.. Happy Safe Flying All!

Got an email today saying quality assessed ready for shipment within two business days. Heres hoping!
2017-4-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

mmee Posted at 2017-4-12 15:21
Got an email today saying quality assessed ready for shipment within two business days. Heres hoping!

Thank you for your update.
Hope everything goes well and you can receive the aircraft very soon.
2017-4-13
Use props
fans15bc20e2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 30928 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-4-13 01:56
Thank you for your update.
Hope everything goes well and you can receive the aircraft very soon.

CAS-552482-B6Y8G4 Hi mindy, was wondering if you could give me a turn around time for my second mavic replacement. This was suppose to be an Escalated case. It is also a continuation of a previous case. I got my first mavic in early February and I have only been able to fly it a handful of times. Because of gimbal issues it was sent back and the replacement came a month later only to have 3-times the problems than my first one. Once the repair/replacement is made, will they ship it back 2nd day air like it was sent or standard?
2017-4-13
Use props
mmee
lvl.3
United States

So here is my timeline so far,
3/13 I made a case online and it was accepted.
3/20 UPS delivered my Mavic to DJI
3/27 DJI marked my unit as received
3/29 DJI marked as damage assessed and covered under warranty
3/05 I received an email stating that the repair was completed and it should ship within 3 business days I also received a call that day stating that it would ship that afternoon though when I checked my case it still said under repair (Quality Assessment)
3/13 (today) it has been marked as shipped and I received a UPS tracking number along with a call from a man that claimed that he had my unit in hand and would be putting it on the UPS truck this afternoon.

I am remaining hopeful that it goes out today and I should have it in hand tomorrow as I am very close to their repair facility.

I must say that it was frustrating that DJI had my unit so long and that they missed their own timelines that they gave me. But they have been great at communication. I escalated the issue a few times on the forum and also via the online chat and I would always receive a phone call with an update the next morning.

Also, I sent in the unit for the blur issue and it seems like they have replaced the entire unit with a completely different serial number. A newer serial number. According to the serial decoder website the date of manufacture of the new unit it March 15th and my first unit was February 17. So hopefully it that timeframe they got their issues sorted out. I will report back on the quality of the new unit.

2017-4-13
Use props
mmee
lvl.3
United States

There is movement! It made it on the truck! So happy to get it back. Here is hoping its a good unit.
2017-4-13
Use props
hybrid33
lvl.2
Flight distance : 912224 ft
United States

mmee Posted at 2017-4-13 21:12
There is movement! It made it on the truck! So happy to get it back. Here is hoping its a good unit.

Awesome!  Glad to hear it!  Mine made it to the truck as well... and after all 3 email confirmations that I've gotten from DJI, promising and swearing that they'd give my mavic 2 day air, THEY STILL SHIPPED IT GROUND!  lmao!  Can't win with these guys I guess.  At least its coming back tho right?
2017-4-13
Use props
ArtistFirst
lvl.4
Flight distance : 986716 ft
United States

Ugh, I'm so nervous because I had to send one back for a different reason and I had no blur and just know I'll get the blur this time.
2017-4-14
Use props
DirtyFergy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 200531 ft
United States

DirtyFergy Posted at 2017-4-6 19:01
Now my status says awaiting payment. I paid via PayPal 4 days ago. Can you help?

Any chance you can help out again? I got a phone call and an email on 4/11 stating my repair is complete and the drone will be shipping out. I still have not received a shipping notification or any other updates since.
2017-4-15
Use props
Grotto13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1148937 ft
United States

mmee Posted at 2017-3-27 20:45
Sent via UPS 3/20 DJI Physically received the Mavic on 3/21 according to UPS tracking. 3/27 DJI has marked it as received and I received an email saying I should look back in 1 business day to find the damage assessment. I will keep the updates coming in as I get more info. Hopefully from this point forward it should be quick.

Finally got my tracking # yesterday ! Looks like everything is in package I send back. It looks like different serial #s but if it work and look good I don't care. It took pretty much 30 days to the tee but that's what people here were saying originally . Although repair took a while , and you have to deducts the original 5 day shipping and if you send it mid week it more like 7 day because no weekends. HowEver they are sending it back 2 day shipping and I should have it back tomorrow if all go well !! Whoohoo. It is an advance piece of bad ass equipment they can't keep on shelf and everyone seem to be crashing so yes they are busy and takes time. So To Any1 who needs repair , be polite , be patient , ask for help to start a case or with your case. The Moderators on here are great and very proactive to help push craft through process !     Just  give right info,  mainly post your  case # and ask for help.  These people crack me up that aren't in forum regularly and come on thinking they the only ones with probes or issues and demand action or they getting lawyers and crap.  DJI has kept great contact with me through whole process of my repair and I owe it all to the moderators for communication with there people on my behalf and then they reach out to me and update me. I got several calls from help desk letting me know where they were in process with out even asking them to call. I don't know how these people talk about waiting on hold for 4 hours and other nonsense. Come here post your issue , ask nice for help, take it from there. That's it . Lol happy flying and thank you Mindy, ken,  and DJI good luck all !,, I will post when I receive my baby back and hopefully some nice vids.
Cheers!,
2017-4-18
Use props
Grotto13
Second Officer
United States

Grotto13 Posted at 2017-3-22 01:17
Hi Mindy can you also check into my case for me please?  I have a few questions as well I'd like to pm you about if I can . Thanks. Case# CAS-485098-W9Z1M9
Matt

Hi Mindy! this is Matt again lol . Case# CAS-485098-W9Z1M9  I had 1 more hopefully quick and easy question but 1st  I just want to say thank you for all of your help seeing me through from start to finish. it really means a lot !! I got my baby back today and looks great! i havent had a chance to fly yet but im sure its going to be awesome!. my quick question is when i sent my mavic back , even though my battery looked good, i sent it back with remote , craft and packed in carry bag. when i got my repair quote the techs said i needed a new battery. i said i thought mine was ok but that was fine and could you ship me old one back as well. they said they see what they can do. well today when i got package back, my craft looked new but my battery looked like my same 1 because of the scratch on it from the crash. i never thought to check the shipping recieved serial # compaired to the shipped # before it went out from DJI to say something to you guys. finally when check the # it is same battery i send and  on my repair order but  i pay for new one. i hoping you can review my log in compared to log out on shipping inventory and help to have new battery sent to me. its no rush regular shipping is fine as this battery still works . please advise and sorry for long confusing story . again thanks for all your help!!
kindest regards
matt
2017-4-19
Use props
DirtyFergy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 200531 ft
United States

CAS-531516-M0Z7B4

3/30 Marked as received by DJI (UPS delivered on 3/27)
4/4 Repair cost assessed and quoted. Paid via PayPal the same day at 11:18 am.
4/11 I received a phone call stating that DJI was sorry for the delay but they would be shipping out my drone shortly an I will be receiving an email with the tracking information shortly.  Also, stated that since I am very close to the repair facility (within 5 miles) that the shipping should only take one day.  I received an email this same day as well, also stating I would receive the tracking information shortly.
4/17 Received an email saying that the repair is complete.  The previous phone call and email led me to believe the repairs had already completed?????
Today (4/20) have not yet received a tracking number.  

Can you please help? When will I get my drone back?
2017-4-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Grotto13 Posted at 2017-4-19 19:16
Hi Mindy! this is Matt again lol . Case# CAS-485098-W9Z1M9  I had 1 more hopefully quick and easy question but 1st  I just want to say thank you for all of your help seeing me through from start to finish. it really means a lot !! I got my baby back today and looks great! i havent had a chance to fly yet but im sure its going to be awesome!. my quick question is when i sent my mavic back , even though my battery looked good, i sent it back with remote , craft and packed in carry bag. when i got my repair quote the techs said i needed a new battery. i said i thought mine was ok but that was fine and could you ship me old one back as well. they said they see what they can do. well today when i got package back, my craft looked new but my battery looked like my same 1 because of the scratch on it from the crash. i never thought to check the shipping recieved serial # compaired to the shipped # before it went out from DJI to say something to you guys. finally when check the # it is same battery i send and  on my repair order but  i pay for new one. i hoping you can review my log in compared to log out on shipping inventory and help to have new battery sent to me. its no rush regular shipping is fine as this battery still works . please advise and sorry for long confusing story . again thanks for all your help!!
kindest regards
matt

Sorry Matt, you didn't reply to my post so I don't know you are responding to me.
Did you contact our tech support for this issue?
How is everything goes now?
2017-4-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

DirtyFergy Posted at 2017-4-20 01:36
CAS-531516-M0Z7B4

3/30 Marked as received by DJI (UPS delivered on 3/27)

I have checked your case again. Your aircraft has been shipped out early today.
We sincerely apologize for the delay.  Hope you will receive the aircraft very soon.
2017-4-24
Use props
Grotto13
Second Officer
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-4-24 20:11
Sorry Matt, you didn't reply to my post so I don't know you are responding to me.

Hey Mindy sorry my reply tab was missing when i wrote you lol. I cant thank you and DJI enough. My Mavic works good as new!! It was well worth the anxious wait to get through the repair process and get it back. You and DJI kept great contact with me through whole repair and again i say thanks! Just have to find out about battery. Have to see if there is eay to email tech support. Thanks again Mindy. You are a Savior to this forum!   O check this out!
2017-4-25
Use props
Grotto13
Second Officer
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-4-24 20:11

2017-4-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Grotto13 Posted at 2017-4-25 04:03
Hey Mindy sorry my reply tab was missing when i wrote you lol. I cant thank you and DJI enough. My Mavic works good as new!! It was well worth the anxious wait to get through the repair process and get it back. You and DJI kept great contact with me through whole repair and again i say thanks! Just have to find out about battery. Have to see if there is eay to email tech support. Thanks again Mindy. You are a Savior to this forum!   O check this out!

If I'm understanding you correctly,  you have only received one battery and think it's your original battery, right?
I have added a note to your case and will make sure our support team follow up the case with you.
2017-4-26
Use props
Grotto13
Second Officer
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-4-26 00:14
If I'm understanding you correctly,  you have only received one battery and think it's your original battery, right?
I have added a note to your case and will make sure our support team follow up the case with you.

Hey Mindy ! Thanks for getting back to me as always ! Yes I only got 1 back. It was my original because it has same scratches on it from crash and serial # that I sent in with my craft for repair.  That # is noted when it was received and logged in.  It also shows same # on the packing slip on the out for delivery email sent when it was in the ship back to me status .  You guys are awesome and love my repaired craft, I can't fly it enough !!!    Thanks again for all your help !!
2017-4-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Grotto13 Posted at 2017-4-26 03:18
Hey Mindy ! Thanks for getting back to me as always ! Yes I only got 1 back. It was my original because it has same scratches on it from crash and serial # that I sent in with my craft for repair.  That # is noted when it was received and logged in.  It also shows same # on the packing slip on the out for delivery email sent when it was in the ship back to me status .  You guys are awesome and love my repaired craft, I can't fly it enough !!!    Thanks again for all your help !!

You are welcome. I have checked your case and seems like everything goes well.
Thank you for supporting DJI. We wish you always enjoy the flight with DJI product.
2017-4-26
Use props
Grotto13
Second Officer
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-4-26 23:38
You are welcome. I have checked your case and seems like everything goes well.
Thank you for supporting DJI. We wish you always enjoy the flight with DJI product.

Hi Mindy ! Thanks again FOR ALL YOUR HELP ! Yes everything goes well ! Craft flying Awesome after repair !  DJI IS so Awesome!  There was a small mix up, but for understanding the busy back up you guys are having,  and me having patients , and politeness, through out repair process.  DJI sent me a surpise email , after a phone call from them i missed, and they did also leave me detailed message by the way, they are shipping me out a few complementary  items. DJI has shown me respect as a customer and me to them truely appreciating the customer service you and everyone there has provided to me. What more can a person ask for, on both ends.  You guys are so busy with a million people emailing , questions, and issues 24 7 in forum and zen desk and the personal attention every one there provides is 5 star!!  I would advise anyone who needs some kind of assistance,  whether its just a few questions about product or how to get started with opening up a case for repair and send back, find a forum thread that resembles your issue and add a comment politely asking for some help or advice. In most cases it pretty immediately you get an ans but it could be few hrs or day or two. Once in thread it be better to ask question as a reply back to one of the administrators in that thread that way they know someone is asking something in there,  instead of waiting for someone to see your  question/ comment posted in there. I will be starting a new thread soon talking about by awesome expirance with my DJI Mavic and the great attention i recieved to have it repaired after my crash. Thank Again Mindy and All of DJI !!!  Happy Flying All! !
2017-4-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules