Sets of AEB(5) photos missing out of panoramas? Buffer?
650 4 2017-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rob8888
lvl.2
New Zealand

Hi All

Did a series of double line panoramas last night (using 5 shot AEB, maybe 8 groups, so 40 frames per pano).  Shot 5, rotated a bit, shot 5, rotated etc quite quickly.

Downloaded images today and found numerous sets of 5 missing from most panoramas?  64Gb u10 Sandisk card has been fine, but was over 1/2 full.

I have a feeling it was hitting some kind of buffer and dumping a complete group of shots?  I use audible confirmation of firing, and also had manual focus on and ae lock on, so its unlikely to be missing taking the shots. I've never missed any before.  Also, first use after latest firmware update.

Anyone else experienced this?  It's ruined a significant photoshoot - time and cost.  

Thanks, Rob

2017-3-20
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I do a lot of big panos in jpg and don't have the issue you described.
Are you shooting raw?
If so, you have a significant time to write all 5 image files for each frame and it's possible to get get way behind the file writing and this could possibly explain what you observed.
If you're shooting such a big pano, you don't really need raw files and can use jpg which would write much faster.

2017-3-20
Use props
DrawsWithLight.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2136716 ft
United Kingdom

I thought I was missing shot shots from a GS Pro mapping mission I did a few weeks ago. I moved the files from the SD card to a folder on the PC then synced that folder in Lightroom. About half of the 80 or so shots it took appeared not to be there. I discovered at the weekend that Lightroom was set to ignore JPGs that had the same file name as what it would have assumed were its corresponding RAW files. Some of the JPG file names from the mission were the same as some existing DNGs in that folder and were therefore not shown in Lightroom. I unchecked the 'ignore jpeg button' (or whatever its called) and the JPGs I though had disappeared, reappeared!

Could this be what you're experiencing?
2017-3-20
Use props
Rob8888
lvl.2
New Zealand

Labroides Posted at 2017-3-20 03:35
I do a lot of big panos in jpg and don't have the issue you described.
Are you shooting raw?
If so, you have a significant time to write all 5 image files for each frame and it's possible to get get way behind the file writing and this could possibly explain what you observed.

Thanks.  Yes, I shoot in RAW - need to.  I do a lot of panos, but not normally yet so many frames in quick order.  Never struck this before. Will have to do some tests.
2017-3-20
Use props
Rob8888
lvl.2
New Zealand

DrawsWithLight. Posted at 2017-3-20 03:52
I thought I was missing shot shots from a GS Pro mapping mission I did a few weeks ago. I moved the files from the SD card to a folder on the PC then synced that folder in Lightroom. About half of the 80 or so shots it took appeared not to be there. I discovered at the weekend that Lightroom was set to ignore JPGs that had the same file name as what it would have assumed were its corresponding RAW files. Some of the JPG file names from the mission were the same as some existing DNGs in that folder and were therefore not shown in Lightroom. I unchecked the 'ignore jpeg button' (or whatever its called) and the JPGs I though had disappeared, reappeared!

Could this be what you're experiencing?

Hi there.  Good thinking.  Yes was an lightroom import and over 1000 frames so it is a possibility. I will check tomorrow - though it's groups of 5 AEB missing (which seems less than random), and any others that clash have been auto renamed by LR e.g. DJI_0333-2.dng etc.  
2017-3-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules