DJI Go 4 App freezes using with the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
3758 14 2017-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
b0n3
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21083 ft
United Kingdom

I and my friends have faced with the issuue of freezes DJI Go 4 app during a flight while using Intelligent Flight Modes on Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.
After starting one of the Intelligent Flight mode, for example Active Track, DJI Go App freezes and react on a touch once in 20 or 30 seconds also it is conjuction with the high baterry drain. As a result I forced to restart GO App during Mavic flight, which is not safety. The issue is not constant but unfortunately happens quite frequantly. Dji please adapt Go 4 App to the Android's flagships, cause a lot of peaople using them all around the world with your drones.
2017-3-20
Use props
chalde
Second Officer
Flight distance : 668314 ft
  • >>>
United States

What's the OS on your S7? If you're using Nougat, you're definitely going to run into a lot of problems. The S7 with Marshmallow OS is working a lot better.
2017-3-20
Use props
b0n3
Second Officer
United Kingdom

chalde Posted at 2017-3-20 04:40
What's the OS on your S7? If you're using Nougat, you're definitely going to run into a lot of problems. The S7 with Marshmallow OS is working a lot better.

Yes, I have updated my device to the latest Android version.
Seems I should not have done it
2017-3-20
Use props
b0n3
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Did anybody else try to use intelligent flight modes with the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge?
Thank heavens that it is stopped to crash after the last app update....
I and my friend have the similar issues....
2017-3-22
Use props
digitalintruder
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3652379 ft
United States

b0n3 Posted at 2017-3-22 06:18
Did anybody else try to use intelligent flight modes with the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge?
Thank heavens that it is stopped to crash after the last app update....
I and my friend have the similar issues....

[Galaxy S7 Nogout] I get app crashes the first time I try to do point of interest - other modes haven't crashed like that on me. Once the app reboots, then intelligent modes seem to start working fine.
2017-3-22
Use props
Lemonsorbie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3809 ft
Canada

Hey.

S7 Edge is not supported by DJI as a preferred device.

{:4_142:} I KNOW!

2017-3-22
Use props
Aerial Gopher
lvl.1
Flight distance : 331906 ft
Canada

I have an s7 Edge, latest firmware on phone and Mavic, and no problems.  Used active track, point of interest.  Follow me feature worked, but stopped following, but I think I was driving too fast. Have not tested it more than 3 times.

I would guess that you have something on your phone that is causing issues.  Try closing all apps that you are not using.  ( I am making an assumption here that the DJI go app is what is doing the processing for the intelligent flight modes? rather than image processing on the drone itself?  I'd like to know that, but I have not researched it yet )
2017-3-23
Use props
Bintryin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 164406 ft
Australia

None Edge version of S7 working fine with latest updates
2017-3-23
Use props
Scaido
New
Flight distance : 3366 ft
Latvia

It was working fine on s7 edge with Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Then I did updated to phone to 7.0 Nougat and i still did fine. But couple of days ago new minor system update came out and after that update DJI app keeps crashing on launch
2017-4-8
Use props
rsands
lvl.2
Australia

Same problem here. Was working great until latest version came out.

It works fine most of time but after alot of recording it starts to really lag. You press a button and the drone doesn't react. Controller works fine but the app is messed up badly. It then starts to go into record mode by itself. Somethings not right with update. Really wish DJI would test things a bit better
2017-4-25
Use props
spoonlamp_
lvl.2
Flight distance : 301506 ft
Romania

I'm having the exact same issues here. S7 Edge updated, but I've held off updating the DJI Go 4 app recently due to a fear of having it locked down while on my travels (the rumoured NFZ restrictions).

I've found the same problems - The app starts fine, but after a little while of recording it begins to get very laggy and the phone quickly becomes extremely hot. Eventually the record button stops working or becomes so laggy that I don't even know what's going on. I also get parts of the display disappearing and split second disconnections. I'm going to assume that the problem stems from poor compatibility with the latest Android update, but in order to be sure I think I'm going to have to update the Go 4 app...

You would have thought that DJI would be pre-emptive with it's updates and roll out changes as and when Android do their updates. It always seems like one is trailing miles behind the other...and they definitely put the blame on each other. DJI say the app is fine, Android need to correct the system to run it, but then Android say that  DJI need to just make their product work on the platform...
2017-6-6
Use props
baghera41
New
Flight distance : 44665 ft
Sweden

Hi everybody with this issue.
To solve this go into developer options (google;) ), then change minimum width from 390 to 490.
This should solve the problem with crashing and lagging. Hope this helps.
2017-6-7
Use props
b0n3
Second Officer
United Kingdom

baghera41 Posted at 2017-6-7 08:54
Hi everybody with this issue.
To solve this go into developer options (google;) ), then change minimum width from 390 to 490.
This should solve the problem with crashing and lagging. Hope this helps.

Hello )

Could you please tell a bit more about this tweak?
What does this function for?
2017-6-9
Use props
carlodf
New
Italy

Having installed my Galaxy S7 Edge both Dji GO 4 and Dji GO, to manage my OSMO, the two applications were in conflict and the mavic controller did not detect my smartphone. I disaggregated this and everything has returned normal.
2017-6-11
Use props
baghera41
New
Flight distance : 44665 ft
Sweden

b0n3 Posted at 2017-6-9 03:11
Hello )

Could you please tell a bit more about this tweak?

Hi there

This just changes the width(pixels) of the screen so Dji can run
Don't worry, you can easily change this back afterwards if you want to.
2017-6-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules