Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Turnaround time for replacement Mavic (DJI Refresh)
4891 17 2017-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cali-Adlerauge
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3077 ft
United States

Hi,

What is the current turnaround time for  receiving a replacement Mavic under DJI Care Refresh. I submitted my payment on 3/8 and haven't heard anything since. I'm leaving on a trip next week and was planning to take the Mavic with me.

My case# is CAS-468414-X7R0Z4

Thanks!
2017-3-20
Use props
FrequentFlyer
Second Officer
United States

Best bet is to get in touch of the contact of your case.
2017-3-20
Use props
fans098027be
lvl.2
Flight distance : 111716 ft
United States

As someone currently going through this process in the US, I can say from experience that you're looking at the following (please keep in mind these are BUSINESS days):
2 days to have UPS ground shipping sent
2-5 days for UPS ground shipping
5 days for Check-In (at least that is how long it will take for your case to update)
1 day for Damage Assessment
2-3 days for Quotation
3-4 days for Damage Repair (this is where I am at currently, and I just received - after 4 days - that the process has been delayed due to high volume)

Then of course, another 2-5 days for ground shipment.

In total, that is about 30 business days of events, which equates to a full six weeks. Not sure what it looks like without 'priority', but if you have to send it in, the process takes over a month (weekends included, of course).

Like I have said in other posts, as well as after reading other similar experiences, DJI is more interested in acquiring new customers rather than taking care of its existing customers. But hey, if it is all about dollars and cents, $79 is less appealing than a fresh $750.

Sure, you will have an insurance policy, but do not expect your unit back anytime in the near future.
2017-3-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

I have checked your case and it has been updated early today.
Your Mavic will be shipped out soon.
2017-3-21
Use props
Cali-Adlerauge
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3077 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-21 00:04
I have checked your case and it has been updated early today.
Your Mavic will be shipped out soon.

Thanks Mindy!
2017-3-21
Use props
waynem61
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12995 ft
Australia

A month so far, they need to learn from Apple as far as service goes.
2017-3-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

No problem.
If you have any further query, please feel free to let me know.
2017-3-22
Use props
ROGAT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 62064 ft
Australia

waynem61 Posted at 2017-3-21 17:41
A month so far, they need to learn from Apple as far as service goes.

Yes I agree with you there, but I firmly believe that DJI does not look towards the future and securing their customer base as repeat business or at least nowhere near enough, they are in the enviable position of being so far in front of the competition at present they may think themselves bulletproof, that is the only rational I can come up with judging the way they conduct themselves as far as customer after sales service and their very annoying and downright unconscionable behavior  when it comes to gouging money from people, a perfect example is oh we will sell you a remote follow focus for your Inspire and X5 camera at 3K plus oh you want the cable that will make it work with the inspire remote that's another 70 bucks thanks huh ? you, want a holder for it to mount on your remote? pfft ok 200 odd dollars please, finished now ?? oh come on do you really need those 2 special screws needed to secure the mount onto your controller ?? ( THIS IS NO WORD OF A LIE !! BELIEVE IT OR NOT !! ) well that will be 70 bucks thanks very much for coming sucker hahahahaha and don't get me started about the Osmo and the x3 cameras that will only fit the Inspire but not the Osmo and vise versa ! and that is just the tip of the iceberg
2017-3-22
Use props
waynem61
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12995 ft
Australia

ROGAT Posted at 2017-3-22 02:29
Yes I agree with you there, but I firmly believe that DJI does not look towards the future and securing their customer base as repeat business or at least nowhere near enough, they are in the enviable position of being so far in front of the competition at present they may think themselves bulletproof, that is the only rational I can come up with judging the way they conduct themselves as far as customer after sales service and their very annoying and downright unconscionable behavior  when it comes to gouging money from people, a perfect example is oh we will sell you a remote follow focus for your Inspire and X5 camera at 3K plus oh you want the cable that will make it work with the inspire remote that's another 70 bucks thanks huh ? you, want a holder for it to mount on your remote? pfft ok 200 odd dollars please, finished now ?? oh come on do you really need those 2 special screws needed to secure the mount onto your controller ?? ( THIS IS NO WORD OF A LIE !! BELIEVE IT OR NOT !! ) well that will be 70 bucks thanks very much for coming sucker hahahahaha and don't get me started about the Osmo and the x3 cameras that will only fit the Inspire but not the Osmo and vise versa ! and that is just the tip of the iceberg

The other problem here in Australia is that there is no local support. It is impossible to actually speak to anyone. All communication is through China as email, is very slow, all very polite but mostly unhelpful.
The competition is fast catching up, and I would be more than happy to take my chances with another manufacturer (Autel, Yuneek. etc.) when it's time to upgrade.
I don't want to reward DJI for their bad customer service by giving them more money.
2017-3-24
Use props
Range30
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11281079 ft
United States

Hope you get your mavic in time for your trip! Keep us posted cali-adlerauge
2017-3-25
Use props
charlesrmc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 480135 ft
United States

Wow I see from your case that you got your Mavic back... fantastic, glad to see that..

I have not been so lucky at all... Today marks 40 days that they have had my Mavic.. I keep getting told they are waiting on new product from China, that I am getting a replacement because I have DJI Care Refresh... but that they are waiting on more Mavics to be received from China so they can ship me my new Mavic from their California facility (USA).

Meanwhile, DJI's web site advertises that new Mavics are available for shipping "1 day after payment confirmation"

My experience has been completely unacceptable.. DJI Care Refresh most definitely does NOT get you "priority service" - I've been down since mid-February here... Looks like the new customers are getting the priority..Never again.. I last spoke to them last Wednesday so I'll call in the morning. . . again.
2017-3-28
Use props
charlesrmc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 480135 ft
United States

charlesrmc Posted at 2017-3-28 21:03
Wow I see from your case that you got your Mavic back... fantastic, glad to see that..

I have not been so lucky at all... Today marks 40 days that they have had my Mavic.. I keep getting told they are waiting on new product from China, that I am getting a replacement because I have DJI Care Refresh... but that they are waiting on more Mavics to be received from China so they can ship me my new Mavic from their California facility (USA).

Day 40:

It’s been another week, so I decided to call for another update on my DJI Care replacement. . .

Just got off the phone with "James" who says they are still waiting on new Mavics..(This is the same story I’ve heard for 3 weeks now).  He does not know when new Mavics will come in from China, but that I should "give us 10 business days for this one" - this was not a researched date, just one that he came up with.  He once again gave me the same script of how he has “created a ticket for the repair group to escalate this issue”.  Seriously, they have told me that every…single…time I’ve called…

The problem I see is not only that DJI has had my Mavic for 40 days now with no idea at all when I will get my replacement shipped to me, it's the overall lack of any kind of urgency on their part.  He just kept repeating that “this is the process”.

When I mentioned that new drones are shipping directly from China in one business day, he informed me that “well, this isn’t a new order is it?"  I suggested they ship me one from China directly, like they do for new purchase orders.  Not an option.

I mean seriously. I’m at a loss.  DJI customer service keeps telling me I need to be patient.  Ok, I was patient for a month; now I’m just angry.  Angry because they have Mavics, they are just holding them for new purchases.  There’s no “delay in repairs”.  Like someone else here has said already, it’s just that the $1,000 from a new customer purchasing a Mavic new is more attractive than the customer who purchased your DJI Care plan already and is just paying $79 for a replacement.

DJI, you need to pay attention.  You may be the big producer now, but drones are a quickly growing industry.  If this is the best you can do in terms of customer service, you will be quickly forgotten in favor of companies who can do better.  I’ll even pay for a product that offers slightly less from a company that is going to be there for me when I need them.

More later . . .
2017-3-29
Use props
fansb40d1cae
lvl.1

United States

Charlesrmc. What's the final word on your replacement mavic????
2017-4-28
Use props
ibidochkadepp
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fansb40d1cae Posted at 2017-4-28 15:58
Charlesrmc. What's the final word on your replacement mavic????

DJI  should take a deposit on your CC for full PP and ship out a new / refurnished unit by air the day you call it in. That was reasonable service.

Google usually does it that way with Nexus phones...
2017-4-28
Use props
djiuser_JlBiQNX
New
United States

charlesrmc Posted at 2017-3-29 14:41
Day 40:

It’s been another week, so I decided to call for another update on my DJI Care replacement. . .

Hi, I have the same issue. they keep promising that they are waiting for shipping info and I have nothing to worry about, it is a month already.... so, total I paid 99 for dji care plus 79 for the first replacement,
I really don't know what to do if I knew that it will take so long I would just fix it myself... and never bought this stupid dji care refresh, terrible...
2017-10-4
Use props
djiuser_9LiodfCVDoBw
lvl.1
Flight distance : 107208 ft
United States

Hi I’m sure these guys are busy with restrictions from covid and such. That being said I’m just curious as to the status of my case my number is CAS-4466927-W3V6F3
My drone has been there for 5 Days under the damage assessment tab. I do have a business trip July 4 weekend and realize I might need to just buy another drone for that trip if worst case scenario.
But I sent it it on June 14 it arrived on the 17 confirmed from
Shipping and then it took three days to be checked in  or “received” and now it’s been five days and it’s still being assessed.
I just had bad vibration out of one arm after making contact with a tree and that arms propellor wasn’t spinning  as fast as the rest of them. Figure I bent a motor.
And noted that in the case summary that I sent in
They said this should help speed things up.
If there is any way to get an update.
Or pay to speed the process in anyway.
Would be Much appreciated
Thanks
2020-6-25
Use props
djiuser_9LiodfCVDoBw
lvl.1
Flight distance : 107208 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-22 01:27
No problem.
If you have any further query, please feel free to let me know.

Hi I’m sure these guys are busy with restrictions from covid and such. That being said I’m just curious as to the status of my case my number is CAS-4466927-W3V6F3
My drone has been there for 5 Days under the damage assessment tab. I do have a business trip July 4 weekend and realize I might need to just buy another drone for that trip if worst case scenario.
But I sent it it on June 14 it arrived on the 17 confirmed from
Shipping and then it took three days to be checked in  or “received” and now it’s been five days and it’s still being assessed.
I just had bad vibration out of one arm after making contact with a tree and that arms propellor wasn’t spinning  as fast as the rest of them. Figure I bent a motor.
And noted that in the case summary that I sent in
They said this should help speed things up.
If there is any way to get an update.
Or pay to speed the process in anyway.
Would be Much appreciated
Thanks
2020-6-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_9LiodfCVDoBw Posted at 6-25 08:32
But I sent it it on June 14 it arrived on the 17 confirmed from

Hello there, I'm so sorry for the late response, I was off in the past few days and just saw your post.
I've escalated your case and concerns to the local repair center to expedite the repair process, hope you will get it back soon, but it is hard to guarantee it arrives before July 4, sorry again for the inconvenience caused.
2020-6-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules