3107 11 2017-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Hello Pilots,

I noticed that one of the features in the last update of GS Pro was the option for curved corners in the waypoint path. I tried to edit or create new missions with this option activated but I didn't see any difference, the lines still have sharp corners when I draw a square or similar route.

Anyone has tested this new feature? And can anyone tell if the drone still stops briefly at every point before flying to the next one?

Thanks!!!
2017-3-20
Use props
UNsyncED
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1083392 ft
Australia

This is great news, however having the curved corners enabled, disabled the waypoint actions, including the ability to start recording at the 1st waypoint :-(.
DJI, do you believe that this issue will be fixed?
2017-3-21
Use props
UNsyncED
Second Officer
Australia

UNsyncED Posted at 2017-3-21 02:10
This is great news, however having the curved corners enabled, disabled the waypoint actions, including the ability to start recording at the 1st waypoint :-(.

I'm sorry, I meant to say "disables the waypoint actions ..."
2017-3-21
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

UNsyncED Posted at 2017-3-21 02:10

however having the curved corners enabled, disabled the waypoint actions

Litchi works the same way and they've said that it's due to a limitation of the API provided by DJI: you can have either curved corners or waypoint actions but not both. And yes, it would be great to see this limitation removed.
2017-3-21
Use props
UNsyncED
Second Officer
Australia

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-3-21 03:32
however having the curved corners enabled, disabled the waypoint actions

Litchi works the same way and they've said that it's due to a limitation of the API provided by DJI: you can have either curved corners or waypoint actions but not both. And yes, it would be great to see this limitation removed.

Do you know if it's possible to start recording in the DJI GO app, and then switch over to the DJI GS Pro app, and do a waypoint mission with curved corners?
2017-3-21
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

UNsyncED Posted at 2017-3-21 04:39
Do you know if it's possible to start recording in the DJI GO app, and then switch over to the DJI GS Pro app, and do a waypoint mission with curved corners?

I'm not sure about GS Pro because I've never used it, but I do know that with Litchi you can start recording and then execute a waypoint mission while it's recording. And I'd guess that it works the same with GS Pro, especially since it appears that they use the same API internally.
2017-3-21
Use props
UNsyncED
Second Officer
Australia

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-3-21 04:48
I'm not sure about GS Pro because I've never used it, but I do know that with Litchi you can start recording and then execute a waypoint mission while it's recording. And I'd guess that it works the same with GS Pro, especially since it appears that they use the same API internally.

I managed to take my UAV out over the weekend to test the Curved corners, with recording.  GS Pro's latest update has made it easier to access the camera settings, including starting and stopping recording.

The only issue that I came across, was GS Pro doesn't like going from one Curved Corner directly into another Curved Corner.  The Curved Corner function requires a straight path between them.
2017-3-27
Use props
jimdow528
lvl.2

United States

Why worry about curved corners at waypoints on traditional (linear/parallel) flight lines when you can just fly curved non-traditional (non-linear/non-parallel) flight lines (waypoints).  Curved flight paths are defined in a recent Amazon ebook entitled "Curved, Convergent, Non-traditional Drone Flight Paths".
2018-9-26
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

jimdow528@gmail Posted at 2018-9-26 20:31
Why worry about curved corners at waypoints on traditional (linear/parallel) flight lines when you can just fly curved non-traditional (non-linear/non-parallel) flight lines (waypoints).  Curved flight paths are defined in a recent Amazon ebook entitled "Curved, Convergent, Non-traditional Drone Flight Paths".

I have no idea what you are meaning.....
2018-9-27
Use props
jimdow528
lvl.2

United States

ro_flyer:  Maybe this example will help.  I've been adapting my curved flight lines (waypoint generator) for use flying long, narrow corridors (electric power transmission).  This example was flown using a fixed-wing drone flying at 31mph and a height of 400' AGL.  The corridor is about one mile in length with a width of 2200'.  In this mission plan, there are no linear segments in any flight line and no flight line segment is parallel to any other segment.  Therefore, no two images have the same orientation.  The objective is to mitigate the systematic SfM doming (elevation) error.
2019-1-4
Use props
Brett Brandon
lvl.4
United States

The new CAPTCHA crap is the last straw.
Im tired of DJIs crap and am removing my posts and will be on my way.
2019-1-5
Use props
UNsyncED
Second Officer
Australia

Brett Brandon Posted at 1-5 11:27
Are you not able to start/stop recording with the left button on the controller while using GS Pro?

I haven’t tried it on either the M2 or MPro. I was using GSPro on a Phantom 4.
2019-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules