Camera Specs & 3D Development
2650 3 2017-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GEOLOSOPHY
lvl.1
United States

[size=14.6667px]What are the following for the FC6310 Camera Sensor on the Phantom 4 Pro?
[size=14.6667px]

[size=14.6667px]1. Focal length (mm)
[size=14.6667px]2. Xmm (Principal point, width direction  (mm) )
[size=14.6667px]3. Ymm (Principal point, height direction (mm) )
[size=14.6667px]4. Pixel size (microns)
[size=14.6667px]

[size=14.6667px]Also, I've written some software to preprocess imagery before having it ingested intro photommetry software such as Pix4D, Photoscan & Others. I know for many of you know that the processes behind these software, especially the depth mapping, can take hours and hours if not days on even a good system. Well, their software is only as good as the pixels you put into them...and the order those pixels are taken in. I've taken what used to be a 24hour build on a standard system and cut that down to about 64mins. At full resolution. Still in the works. Development ongoing. Just wondering if folks out there feel the need for something like this?

2017-3-21
Use props
TrevSmith
New

Canada

Hi,

I let someone else answers your questions about the specs of the FC6310. It's always really hard to find these values when it comes to DJI products.

Regarding the software package, and based on your requirement, I would strongly suggest you give a try to Correlator3D from SimActive. I've been using this software for a couple years now, and I can assure you it's much faster than any other tool. Also, they don't require extravagant hardware, only a decent graphics card. And the good thing is that when you have a question, they usually reply within a day.

Hope this helps,

Trev
2017-3-22
Use props
GEOLOSOPHY
lvl.1
United States

Well, I tried Correlator3D as you suggested. Found it slow, lacking in 3D features in comparison to almost all of its competitors...and other than making DSM/ORTHOS...what else is it good for? The software I've written does all those, in half the time and will also build photorealistic models. I don't understand why it's being talked about as a complete aerial solution?
2017-3-26
Use props
TrevSmith
New

Canada

I'm glad to hear you managed to code your own photogrammetry suite, good job!  Can we download it somewhere? Our typical projects contain 10 000 to 20 000 frames and yes, we do require DEMs and orthos as an output as they are the only valuable products on the market. So far, only Correlator3D managed to process those efficiently... Really strange you found it slow. We tried other tools in the past (Pix4D, Photoscan), and our feeling was always the same: they were designed for hobbyists.
2017-3-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules