5998 16 2017-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EastyT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 970374 ft
United States

Hello,

I know I've seen this discussed somewhere but I can't find it.  Support has suggested that I install DJI Go instead of DGI GO4 for my Mavic to cure crashing problems.  I have uninstalled GO4 and installed GO.  When I start up, it won't let the app connect without making me download GO4.  Is there some way around this or was this suggestion bogus?

Thanks
2017-3-21
Use props
Daroga
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

Leave the GO App installed, but shutdown. Try installing GO4 again. Connect it(GO4) to the Mavic. Shut it down and then try the GO App again. I think once the GO App connects, you can then try uninstalling the GO4 App..... I'm running both and the GO App flashes a warning about GO4, but I can check the box to ignore and not so the warning....
2017-3-21
Use props
EastyT
lvl.4
United States

Daroga Posted at 2017-3-21 11:54
Leave the GO App installed, but shutdown. Try installing GO4 again. Connect it(GO4) to the Mavic. Shut it down and then try the GO App again. I think once the GO App connects, you can then try uninstalling the GO4 App..... I'm running both and the GO App flashes a warning about GO4, but I can check the box to ignore and not so the warning....

I appreciate your help, but it wouldn't work.  Restarted, reinstalled GO4 and turned on controller and then the mavic.  The controller connects and I choose GO and not GO4 from the app choice and it launches GO.  Moments later it tells me to upgrade.  Tried with WiFi on and off.  Got connected to the Mavic once, but no signal and no display.  The remainder of the time it wouldn't even show the flight screen.

I've about had it!
2017-3-21
Use props
Daroga
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

EastyT Posted at 2017-3-21 12:22
I appreciate your help, but it wouldn't work.  Restarted, reinstalled GO4 and turned on controller and then the mavic.  The controller connects and I choose GO and not GO4 from the app choice and it launches GO.  Moments later it tells me to upgrade.  Tried with WiFi on and off.  Got connected to the Mavic once, but no signal and no display.  The remainder of the time it wouldn't even show the flight screen.

I've about had it!

Can you take a screenshot of the upgrade warning? For me, it is just a warning that has a checkbox that allows it to be ignored. and the app continues. Are you iOS or Android?
2017-3-21
Use props
EastyT
lvl.4
United States

Daroga Posted at 2017-3-21 13:07
Can you take a screenshot of the upgrade warning? For me, it is just a warning that has a checkbox that allows it to be ignored. and the app continues. Are you iOS or Android?

It's just a white screen with 2 DJI logos in the center  DJI GO ==>DJI GO4  and an OK button at the bottom.  Clicking OK takes you to an APK download page.  No other choice other than go back to the main screen and choose an Inspire.  Anrdoid.
2017-3-21
Use props
Daroga
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

EastyT Posted at 2017-3-21 13:20
It's just a white screen with 2 DJI logos in the center  DJI GO ==>DJI GO4  and an OK button at the bottom.  Clicking OK takes you to an APK download page.  No other choice other than go back to the main screen and choose an Inspire.  Anrdoid.

I'm sorry! Android 3.1.4 just popped up as available and 3.1.4 no longer supports Mavic. I'm still running v3.1.3(585) on my Android devices.

I bet you've downloaded 3.1.4?
2017-3-21
Use props
EastyT
lvl.4
United States

Daroga Posted at 2017-3-21 16:17
I'm sorry! Android 3.1.4 just popped up as available and 3.1.4 no longer supports Mavic. I'm still running v3.1.3(585) on my Android devices.

I bet you've downloaded 3.1.4?

I downloaded whatever was in the Play store today.  In the mean time, support has changed their minds and don't want me to install the old version.
2017-3-21
Use props
Gunglejim
lvl.2
Flight distance : 102359 ft
Canada

Yup, literally forced to upgrade to GO4 and it has caused me nothing but problems with disconnects, major lag time and worse!!!!  Where as GO3 worked like a charm and no problems what so ever. Why not continue allowing Mavic to run on GO3.   
WTF DJI   What the hell is the use of flying the Mavic if you can't even see what you're recording or photographing????   Am running Adroid 5.1.1
2017-3-21
Use props
Gunglejim
lvl.2
Canada

Posted this on another part of this forum and thought it might be useful here too.

I'm using a 7" Galaxy Tab 'A' (2016) Android ver. 5.1.1 Works without a problem with the GO3 app and yesterday was forced to update to the GO4 and have nothing but problems with it. Right from the time they came out with it up to and including the lastest update. Constant disconnects, lagging videos and complete cutouts. Was scared to even fly high or over water for the fear of losing the Mavic.
Here was my solution:  I went to www.apkmirror.com  and downloaded DJI GO 3.1.3 , uninstalled GO4 and reinstalled GO3.1.3 and turned off the auto-update for it.  
Once again I'm a Happy Camper and flying with confidence and no fear of something going wrong with the app or Mavic. I will be staying with this version until there is a definite fix on any newer apps (GO4)
2017-3-22
Use props
fans9c8e8a39
lvl.2
Flight distance : 258186 ft
Sweden

Gunglejim Posted at 2017-3-22 13:32
Posted this on another part of this forum and thought it might be useful here too.

Thanks for this. I'm new to the Mavic (not quads) and DJI Go4 has been driving me mad! It works fine on the ipad, but I don't have a tablet mount (yet). On the android phone it is terrible - constantly disconnecting, lagging and crashing - I spent more time in my first two flights hovering and waiting for the app than actually flying the Mavic! Tried downgrading through the PlayStore but obviously got 3.1.4 since all it would allow was an 'upgrade' to Go4. Followed the advice above and I now have 3.1.3 installed and that seems to be working fine (no extensive testing done, but I assume others have used it extensively prior to Go4). I much prefer having a stable app with a few less features than the most up-to-date one that constantly crashes - especially for a Mavic newbie!
2017-3-27
Use props
Gunglejim
lvl.2
Canada

fans9c8e8a39 Posted at 2017-3-27 20:39
Thanks for this. I'm new to the Mavic (not quads) and DJI Go4 has been driving me mad! It works fine on the ipad, but I don't have a tablet mount (yet). On the android phone it is terrible - constantly disconnecting, lagging and crashing - I spent more time in my first two flights hovering and waiting for the app than actually flying the Mavic! Tried downgrading through the PlayStore but obviously got 3.1.4 since all it would allow was an 'upgrade' to Go4. Followed the advice above and I now have 3.1.3 installed and that seems to be working fine (no extensive testing done, but I assume others have used it extensively prior to Go4). I much prefer having a stable app with a few less features than the most up-to-date one that constantly crashes - especially for a Mavic newbie!

Glad to here it helped you out.  Now all I need is some decent weather to fly in.
2017-3-27
Use props
The Doctor
lvl.2
Sweden

Gunglejim Posted at 2017-3-27 23:20
Glad to here it helped you out.  Now all I need is some decent weather to fly in.

From a newbie it's much appreciated! Are you running the current Firmware (v01.03.0500) on the Mavic and RC? I'm wondering when Go 3.1.3 will stop working with the Mavic firmware and we're forced to decide between the app and the firmware version!

Weather is supposed to be getting better in the UK over the next couple of weeks......looking forward to many hours of flying over the spring and summer!
2017-3-28
Use props
Gunglejim
lvl.2
Canada

The Doctor Posted at 2017-3-28 07:40
From a newbie it's much appreciated! Are you running the current Firmware (v01.03.0500) on the Mavic and RC? I'm wondering when Go 3.1.3 will stop working with the Mavic firmware and we're forced to decide between the app and the firmware version!

Weather is supposed to be getting better in the UK over the next couple of weeks......looking forward to many hours of flying over the spring and summer!

I'm fairly new to the drone world as well. Had another drone but was unhappy with it and the quality of the video and range. Got a smaller one to fly in the house or outdoors for practice while I waited to get the Mavic which helped me a great deal on learning how to fly. Once I got the Mavic it felt like it was almost flying itself as it is that easy to handle, just love it except this last app incident.  Now I would be happier if this weather would improve as well.
To answer your question, YES, the latest firmware was installed when I went to GO4, then uninstalled GO4 and went back to GO 3.1.3 and has been working good. So it seems that hasn't affected it.
The only thing we have to deal with here at the moment is the new laws for flying drones that came into place the other week here in Canada. Won't stop me from flying though.  
2017-3-28
Use props
The Doctor
lvl.2
Sweden

Gunglejim Posted at 2017-3-28 09:43
I'm fairly new to the drone world as well. Had another drone but was unhappy with it and the quality of the video and range. Got a smaller one to fly in the house or outdoors for practice while I waited to get the Mavic which helped me a great deal on learning how to fly. Once I got the Mavic it felt like it was almost flying itself as it is that easy to handle, just love it except this last app incident.  Now I would be happier if this weather would improve as well.
To answer your question, YES, the latest firmware was installed when I went to GO4, then uninstalled GO4 and went back to GO 3.1.3 and has been working good. So it seems that hasn't affected it.
The only thing we have to deal with here at the moment is the new laws for flying drones that came into place the other week here in Canada. Won't stop me from flying though.

After some testing I've found that Android Go 3.1.3 is better than Go 4. I don't get the constant disconnects with 3.1.3 that I was getting with Go 4, however, 3.1.3 still crashes 2-3 times every flight - most often at a critical point in the flight! I've found that disabling the video caching on the phone helps a bit, but doesn't stop the crashes. Come to the conclusion that my android phone probably isn't up to the job of running these apps (1.2 Ghz quad core, 1Gb RAM....I suspect it's the lack of RAM)......I'm waiting for a tablet holder for my ipad air 2 so that I can switch to the IOS ver of Go4!
2017-4-1
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Gunglejim Posted at 2017-3-21 20:53
Yup, literally forced to upgrade to GO4 and it has caused me nothing but problems with disconnects, major lag time and worse!!!!  Where as GO3 worked like a charm and no problems what so ever. Why not continue allowing Mavic to run on GO3.   
WTF DJI   What the hell is the use of flying the Mavic if you can't even see what you're recording or photographing????   Am running Adroid 5.1.1

I previously ran android and if I'm not mistaken can't you type in "dji go 3.1.3 apk " and side load any version you want??
2017-4-2
Use props
Gunglejim
lvl.2
Canada

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-4-2 04:45
I previously ran android and if I'm not mistaken can't you type in "dji go 3.1.3 apk " and side load any version you want??

Yup, I just downloaded that version and put it on my SD Card and installed it from there and then set it to not auto update. Been working well for since.  Downloaed the file from www.apkmirror.com
2017-4-3
Use props
fansb2f2f275
New
Australia

How do you install an app(3.1.8) from your SD card?
thanks

2017-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules