Charge battery hot?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BaconNBeer
lvl.1
United States

I have the P3P. I have two batteries and one charger. When the first flight is over the batter is hot then I use the second battery and usually stop after two batteries. My question is should I charge the hot battery or wait for it to cool? I don't know any thing about the Intelligent batter or the charger. Many battery chargers stop charging when the battery is hot or the charger reaches a given temp. Anyone have knowledge on the issue?
2017-3-21
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

You never want to charge a hot battery! Let it cool down. Normally the battery will not let you charge it. The LED's will light up showing you that. See your manual about charging and it will explain the LED's. The battery as you know is an "Intelligent" battery and has precautions to avoid just that type of action to safeguard itself. The same can be said about a battery too cold. The DJI-GO  app will warn you that your battery is too cold if it senses it. Don't leave your batteries out in the cold if you plan on using them. Keep them in a warm place, not hot. Like inside your jacket pocket or something if you are in a cold environment.
2017-3-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules