Can't find mY drone
2117 18 2017-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansee09bcd5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 249534 ft
United States

I was flying at about 4000 ft and a distance of 3466 feet away from home!E when the aircraft disconnected from the controller.i was waiting for it to return home when it never returned I've searched around the last known area but I couldn't find it.. I don't know what to do at this point I already contacted DJI support for help
http://LogViewer/213IZVB3XDX7YKVUJAKM
2017-3-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It might be better to upload your flight log here http://www.phantomhelp.com/Phantom-4/#DataLog and download your link here on your thread.
2017-3-21
Use props
fansee09bcd5
lvl.1
United States

http://app.airdata.com/main?share=zNNIVL
2017-3-21
Use props
fansee09bcd5
lvl.1
United States

www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/44BI0XJ3ZF57ZN4UKCSM/
2017-3-21
Use props
fansee09bcd5
lvl.1
United States

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/44BI0XJ3ZF57ZN4UKCSM/
2017-3-21
Use props
fansee09bcd5
lvl.1
United States

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/OXHDLQPZJ8B3JF9P55YH/
2017-3-21
Use props
fansee09bcd5
lvl.1
United States

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/OXHDLQPZJ8B3JF9P55YH/
2017-3-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

That was some eventful flight you had there, at the end of flight I think you must have lost your downlink ,if this happens I think your AC cannot return home so it should land , or hover until you give it command from controller,you can see where your AC may have finished flight and landed.

I'm maybe not the best to judge this, there is a guy here Labroids I'm sure he will come along and give you a good reading from your PH LOGS.

Good luck.
2017-3-21
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

It seems you're also receiving help on another thread. Please keep in mind that you should keep a subject to a single thread, so that responses aren't lost.
2017-3-21
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

Looks like it was setting off home to the correct house but then the log ends.

Only odd things I can see are that it doesn't set off flying straight, for some reason it flies a little sideways, crab like, and also the ultrasonic sensors had been occasionally seeing the ground just below the aircraft even when it was up above 100 meters.  Bad ultrasonic readings can cause the motors to power off in which case it would be in the top of one of the trees on the way home in a straight line from the last point recorded, probably almost at the last point otherwise the log would have been longer.

Did you have anything extra fitted under the aircraft?
2017-3-21
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-3-21 17:32
It seems you're also receiving help on another thread. Please keep in mind that you should keep a subject to a single thread, so that responses aren't lost.

Yes. Please stick to one thread.  

You missed several warnings about GPS out of position as well as large wind warnings but you continue to fly your drone in a Class E area in adverse conditions.  

8m 28.2s        P-GPS        17satellites        388.5ft        0mph        6,092.5ft        79%        15.978V        4.003V        4.001V        3.997V        3.977V        0.026V        Large Wind Velocity

You have signal lost and also large wind velocity warnings after that.  The drone simply cannot push through the headwind to return.  

You have also switched to sport mode  11m 59.2s        Sport        16satellites        148.0ft        33.3mph        740.3ft        61%        15.146V        3.802V        3.801V        3.785V        3.758V        0.044V        Large Wind Velocity; GPS Position NoMatch

You bring your drone back within 600ft of home then go out again.   I have never seen a large wind warning on any of my flights so I can only imagine it must have been very windy.  I was with a friend when he decided to fly and I decided not too because the wind was strong.  His flight was fine. Just shows how cautious I am I suppose.  

I would also upload the DJI Go App records to the DJI Cloud server.  
2017-3-21
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
United Kingdom

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-3-21 17:59
I have never seen a large wind warning on any of my flights

Doesn't look very windy to me!

When it is going 0 speed, it is only leaning at 5 degrees, it can cope with a lot more than that...

Your P3 doesn't have a wind warning feature.
2017-3-21
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Taiwan

Nigel_ Posted at 2017-3-21 17:55
Looks like it was setting off home to the correct house but then the log ends.

Only odd things I can see are that it doesn't set off flying straight, for some reason it flies a little sideways, crab like, and also the ultrasonic sensors had been occasionally seeing the ground just below the aircraft even when it was up above 100 meters.  Bad ultrasonic readings can cause the motors to power off in which case it would be in the top of one of the trees on the way home in a straight line from the last point recorded, probably almost at the last point otherwise the log would have been longer.

Yes I downloaded the KSV file and tracked his flight on google earth.  I think he should do the same thing as he looks to have flown from his home.  Flying over a forest, a bird strike perhaps?

IRFAN FILE.jpg
2017-3-21
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Taiwan

I would start asking around the places that are in the flight path.
IRFAN FILE.jpg
2017-3-21
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
United Kingdom

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-3-21 18:07
Yes I downloaded the KSV file and tracked his flight on google earth.  I think he should do the same thing as he looks to have flown from his home.  Flying over a forest, a bird strike perhaps?

That is an interesting image, looks like it shows it wandering off at an angle (not flying straight) when it sets off home as I saw in the log, I couldn't see anything significant on the phantomhelp map so I assumed that it was actually heading home...
2017-3-21
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Taiwan

Nigel_ Posted at 2017-3-21 18:20
That is an interesting image, looks like it shows it wandering off at an angle (not flying straight) when it sets off home as I saw in the log, I couldn't see anything significant on the phantomhelp map so I assumed that it was actually heading home...

Yup, I have found looking at the google earth also tells a story you cannot just see from the original file.

I think you may like to download that KSV file and take a look.  He sure is flying closer to the airport in a Class E area. I wonder if he asked the tower prior to his flight, not that I would expect aircraft to be flying over the forest he was flying in.  His bird did seem to go off track not a straight RTH line as you would expect
2017-3-21
Use props
fansee09bcd5
lvl.1
United States

Well after a month of communicating with DJI they came up with the conclusion since there was no abnormality before the flight log stopped that they cannot replace my drone. I have been looking up and down those woods and the map that you guys provided. I feel that since the drone just cut out in mid air and stop tracking and didn't return to home, that was an abnormality right there. I talked to a supervisor who agreed with me and said they should replace it. But they did not. So now I'm out of a p4. And only offered 30%off a replacement drone.... Their customer service sucks.
2017-4-28
Use props
theGrindLab.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansee09bcd5 Posted at 2017-4-28 07:08
Well after a month of communicating with DJI they came up with the conclusion since there was no abnormality before the flight log stopped that they cannot replace my drone. I have been looking up and down those woods and the map that you guys provided. I feel that since the drone just cut out in mid air and stop tracking and didn't return to home, that was an abnormality right there. I talked to a supervisor who agreed with me and said they should replace it. But they did not. So now I'm out of a p4. And only offered 30%off a replacement drone.... Their customer service sucks.

Sorry for your loss. Odds are that it is in a tree and you'll never find it. A friend of mine lost his P3S in a very small patch of trees and we searched that place from the ground and the sky (with other quads) for over a year and never located it.
2017-4-28
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>
Germany

fansee09bcd5 Posted at 2017-4-28 07:08

Can you post your flight log again at phantomhelp? Your initial links have expired.
I'm just curious to look at this...
2017-4-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules