HELP!!! OSMO MOBILE TWITCHING
2937 6 2017-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RyMac8
New
United States

Hello.

I have a P4P and I absolutely love it. I got my Osmo mobile on Saturday and have been in Florida trying to film since Sunday night. I calibrated the gimbal and have recorded footage via the DJI Go app, but all of the footage has the Osmo mobile mount twitching. I have noticed that even when I am not recording the mount twitches constantly. It may not look like a big twitch, but when reviewing the footage the twitch is quite noticeable. I decided to try recording through the Iphones built in camera and I do not have any twitching. Anyone else have this issue in the past or currently? Any idea of how to fix this issue?  Video below

Thanks in advance!!

2017-3-21
Use props
RyMac8
New
United States

Another video of the issue, this time no walking
2017-3-21
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Your first video is set private and can't be watched. What phone are you using? I guess iPhone 6sp?
2017-3-21
Use props
RyMac8
New
United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-3-21 21:57
Your first video is set private and can't be watched. What phone are you using? I guess iPhone 6sp?

Sorry, the first video has been changed to public! I have an Iphone 7. I have read about the OIS issue, but it's the gimbal mount that is twitching not the camera. If I do not use the app and instead use my iphone camera app it seems to work fine.
2017-3-22
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

RyMac8 Posted at 2017-3-22 06:15
Sorry, the first video has been changed to public! I have an Iphone 7. I have read about the OIS issue, but it's the gimbal mount that is twitching not the camera. If I do not use the app and instead use my iphone camera app it seems to work fine.

Try the native camera app then.. I prefer it anyway
2017-3-23
Use props
livescifi
New
United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-3-23 22:15
Try the native camera app then.. I prefer it anyway

ditto the native camera app seems to work great ...you can disable the ois as well.
2017-3-24
Use props
fansf491992d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 942231 ft
  • >>>
Canada

livescifi Posted at 2017-3-24 14:39
ditto the native camera app seems to work great ...you can disable the ois as well.

It is impossible to disable OIS. Not even Apple can disable OIS because it is built into the lens module. In other words, it's a mechanical piece that has no brake or on/off switch. That is why it is called 'optical' image stabilization because it is built into the 'optical' lens module. The only thing that can be turned off by third party apps like FiLMiC Pro, MoviePro and ProCam is Apple's software-based Auto and Cinematic stabilization.

I really wish people would understand the mechanics of the iPhone before saying that you can turn off OIS, because you cant!
2017-3-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules