Bad image transmission quality. Lots of artifacts.
2324 13 2017-3-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans79a09df0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36657 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

In the last three months I've been facing bad image transmission with my Phantom 3 Pro. Can't solve it. Seems like updates ruined the image.
Even with the aircraft landed and the radio 1 meter away, there are lots of artifacts in the image transmission.

Check the attached image.

What to do?

Poor image quality

Poor image quality

2017-3-22
Use props
vr-pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4668169 ft
Germany

Hello my friend, welcome to the club!
I just posted this:
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... &fromuid=127639
2017-3-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Just to clarify, what mobile device are you using? Which firmeware version are you currently running? Try the following button combinations to try to ensure the connection is stable:

Reset the RC of presets:
* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller then turn the controller off.
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller and link the remote.

Manually relink the RC:
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller.
* Press C1, C2, and the record button on the controller, then the controller will beep like D-DD.
*While keeping them pressed, press the wheel on the right side of the controller (ISO) and then the first light of the controller will become blue and it will constantly beep DDDD.
* Use a pen to click the linking button on the aircraft and hold for 3-5 seconds, and then take the pen off the aircraft and wait, it will be linked soon.

Let me know if this helps.
2017-3-22
Use props
#shotxclvck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3423297 ft
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-3-22 15:04
Just to clarify, what mobile device are you using? Which firmeware version are you currently running? Try the following button combinations to try to ensure the connection is stable:

Reset the RC of presets:

great information here!
2017-3-22
Use props
vr-pilot
lvl.4
Germany

Reset the RC of presets:

Both of the re-links did not help to cure the FW 1.8 problem. I am just now again downgrading to FW 1.6.

BTW:  your "Manually relink the RC" method has one mistake. You wrote:
*Let go all fingers, press the wheel on the right side of the controller and then the first light of the controller will become blue and it will constantly beep DDDD.
"Letting go all fingers" is wrong, nothing will happen. You will only get the blue controller light with constant beeps when you keep the fingers where they are and additionally press the wheel on the right side of the controller...

2017-3-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

vr-pilot Posted at 2017-3-22 15:51
Both of the re-links did not help to cure the FW 1.8 problem. I am just now again downgrading to FW 1.6.

BTW:  your "Manually relink the RC" method has one mistake. You wrote:

I've had it work either way, but holding them down is a bit more consistent. I've editied the instructions accordingly.
2017-3-22
Use props
vitor.damiani
lvl.2
  • >>>
Brazil

Reset the RC of presets:

Hello Jamie,
I am using the (DJI recommended) NEXUS 9 with all the latest firmware on both the RC and the Aircraft.
I tried relinking the remote but no effect. Image is unusable. Recorded video on SD is perfect but live feed sucks big time.
As brought by the user VR_PILOT, it seems like a firmware related bug.
Maybe DJI trying to force us to buy new birds?! That would be really sad.
DJI, please SOLVE THIS PROBLEM on future versions. There are a lot of users/clients/buyers waiting.
2017-3-22
Use props
vitor.damiani
lvl.2
  • >>>
Brazil

vr-pilot Posted at 2017-3-22 14:48
Hello my friend, welcome to the club!
I just posted this:
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=87787&pid=742418&fromuid=127639

Ha! Walcome to the club.....that is kinda sad. I'll rather be joining another club LOL.
I'll try to downgrade the FW.
For what I understand, I should downgrade the RADIO firmware only? Wouldn't I have any issues by using different FW versions on remote and aircraft?
Cheers and thanks a lot for the possible solution! Will be posting after downgrading.
2017-3-22
Use props
Rnfaust
lvl.4
Flight distance : 734938 ft
United States

Check and/or replace the black ribbon cable from the camera to the gimbal. It fixed mine and others as well. Good starting place anyway.
2017-3-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

vitor.damiani Posted at 2017-3-22 19:19
Hello Jamie,
I am using the (DJI recommended) NEXUS 9 with all the latest firmware on both the RC and the Aircraft.
I tried relinking the remote but no effect. Image is unusable. Recorded video on SD is perfect but live feed sucks big time.

Did you happen to notice this deterioration of the video feed after aircraft updates or the RC? Have you tried downgrading one to see if there's a difference?
2017-3-22
Use props
vr-pilot
lvl.4
Germany

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-3-22 22:20
Did you happen to notice this deterioration of the video feed after aircraft updates or the RC? Have you tried downgrading one to see if there's a difference?

Dear DJI-Jamie,
I really appreciate your help in this and all the other threads and you are doing a great job.
But honestly I must say that "answers/instructions" (that are questions actually) like:
"Did you happen to notice this deterioration of the video feed after aircraft updates or the RC? Have you tried downgrading one to see if there's a difference?"
are obvious signs of confusion within DJI's company sectors like CS, R&D, production chain and marketing. Absolutely no blame on you, but on DJI's course towards the future.
Last week we had commercial problems with an Inspire 1 which had to be downgraded (on location) also because of HD transmission issues...

Last Tuesday I visited the CeBIT 2017 in Hanover, Germany. "All" the drone manufacturers had their representative stands in the halls. Yuneec showed its Typhoon H 520 flying, DJI presented the Matrice 200 without flight presentation (same prototype as in Barcelona). Both models are examples for "PRO"-series for the "PRO"-market...
Besides the drone manufacturers there were some (freshly founded) german drone associations. Even big (slow) companies and organisations see the potential of the growing drone market for PROfessional use.
In Germany new laws are installed (planned for the 1st April, but "postponed" for May, some see September coming actually) without an approved basis for education and training. The "PRO FACTOR" is the problem.

And with small and annoying but seemingly unsolvable "PROblems" like discussed in this thread; outdated, wrong or even absurd manuals; no word on maintenance (end of life times); product lines and launch intervals without sustainability (with focus on chasing ever higher turnovers), the "PROclaim" gets out of reach and the possibilities of the future seem to be beyond the borders of human imagination.

DJI (and others), get your problems solved! Make great manuals on which education and training can be based on! Offer maintenance interval information and think more failsafe! Learn sustainability and profit from that (e.g. by using a common battery housing/concept)!
Make the future possible (the time is running and "the world" is waiting!) and learn e.g. from "traditional" aircraft manufacturers and operators.
That is where "PRO" can be found!
(And they had to learn the lesson hard; you even only have to "get inspired" by their manuals and procedures.)

DJI-Jamie, could you please hand this over to DJI HQ, as these general drone industry issues really became obvious in a lot of talks and discussions on the CeBIT 2017.

2017-3-23
Use props
johnsr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1579022 ft
France

I had similar problems with my NEXUS 9; the solution that worked for me was to roll back the RC controller version to 1.6.0. Have a look at this post Android tablet color banding. Best of luck!
Have fun & good flying!
2017-3-23
Use props
fansbc78c06f
New
Flight distance : 328579 ft

United States

If your in an apartment you might be having wifi interference.  Is it doing that in wide open unpopulated space?
2017-3-23
Use props
vr-pilot
lvl.4
Germany

fansbc78c06f Posted at 2017-3-23 06:07
If your in an apartment you might be having wifi interference.  Is it doing that in wide open unpopulated space?

For me RC FW 1.8 works "nowhere", also not on an open meadow. After downgrading to RC FW 1.6 everything works perfect at exactly the same places under the same conditions.
2017-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules