United States

2017-3-24
Use props
Mcdudeflut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 243753 ft
Netherlands

Congratulations with your first flight.
Few tips so more people will watch your future clips.
-Uploading to Youtube @ 360P is like watching the Flintstones in black and white
-Try to go slow, if i wanna watch F1,......i look at F1
2017-3-24
Use props
BigWaveDave
lvl.1
Flight distance : 115988 ft
United States

Mcdudeflut Posted at 2017-3-24 14:45
Congratulations with your first flight.
Few tips so more people will watch your future clips.
-Uploading to Youtube @ 360P is like watching the Flintstones in black and white

Thanks for your input...my first drone and all the possibilities can get overwhelming...learning every flight and this stuff is super fun...will do some slower flying lol
2017-3-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Hey bigwavedave good job now you've started your off and running. Good luck..
2017-3-24
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing  
So the best part of your video is the smile on your face as you were departing. Have fun and keep leaning as much as you can. Take it slowly and be sure to slow down your gimbal speed for your shots. It is always easier to watch when they are smooth.

All the best
Rich
2017-3-24
Use props
BigWaveDave
lvl.1
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-3-24 15:11
Thanks for sharing  
So the best part of your video is the smile on your face as you were departing. Have fun and keep leaning as much as you can. Take it slowly and be sure to slow down your gimbal speed for your shots. It is always easier to watch when they are smooth.

Thanks for the advice. I just found that setting a couple days ago and it helped big time. any other setting tips is greatly appreciated.
2017-3-24
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

BigWaveDave Posted at 2017-3-24 15:16
Thanks for the advice. I just found that setting a couple days ago and it helped big time. any other setting tips is greatly appreciated.

Hi BWD
Just flying and practicing for starters.... then more practice    I just received my Mavic back from the shop and after setting everything up again new, I will begin to fly this little bugger and get used to it again. For me it is very easy to over control the drone which makes the video jumpy.  Once I get it dialed in and will share my settings. One more tip is to turn down the brake action (I have mine at 73)  but remember if you are relying on the OA then the softer the brake could get you into trouble.
here is a few tips in this video that could help you from a beginner's point of view

Rich
2017-3-24
Use props
BigWaveDave
lvl.1
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-3-24 20:22
Hi BWD
Just flying and practicing for starters.... then more practice    I just received my Mavic back from the shop and after setting everything up again new, I will begin to fly this little bugger and get used to it again. For me it is very easy to over control the drone which makes the video jumpy.  Once I get it dialed in and will share my settings. One more tip is to turn down the brake action (I have mine at 73)  but remember if you are relying on the OA then the softer the brake could get you into trouble.
here is a few tips in this video that could help you from a beginner's point of view

Thanks Rich
2017-3-25
Use props
rnrnrn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430932 ft
Germany

Cool :-) and yes - your smile was the highlight of the video ;-) that's the biggest thing about this toy - it brings a lot of joy - benefit from it. One small suggestion - which I find worthwhile - once you adjust your hight and gimbal pitch on something - do fly over with this fixed - don't try to correct etc - this makes the best shots. Once you do learn how to tilt the gimbal while going then you can adjust during flight. Happy flying and keep the videos coming :-)
2017-3-25
Use props
BigWaveDave
lvl.1
United States

rnrnrn Posted at 2017-3-25 16:50
Cool :-) and yes - your smile was the highlight of the video ;-) that's the biggest thing about this toy - it brings a lot of joy - benefit from it. One small suggestion - which I find worthwhile - once you adjust your hight and gimbal pitch on something - do fly over with this fixed - don't try to correct etc - this makes the best shots. Once you do learn how to tilt the gimbal while going then you can adjust during flight. Happy flying and keep the videos coming :-)

thanks thats for sure an art to figure out. check out my HWY 20 video and let me know what you think...Thats on ive been practicing but havent tried the no move fly so that will be fun to give a shot...Happy FLying
2017-3-25
Use props
rnrnrn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430932 ft
Germany

BigWaveDave Posted at 2017-3-25 17:36
thanks thats for sure an art to figure out. check out my HWY 20 video and let me know what you think...Thats on ive been practicing but havent tried the no move fly so that will be fun to give a shot...Happy FLying

Yet another cool video there - thanks for pointing out :-) I'm rather new to editing myself but having read quite a bit about it I find some of those pointers were rather helpful. In case of your video I would say as follows:

- beautiful area that can bring great footage, good choice,

- length of the movie - do consider keeping this to 3 minutes max, preferably 2 minutes only - people have a horrible attention span and more is just too much,

- when you pan or change altitude do so in a constant motion - if you have a moment when a finger slips or you need to correct - do consider taking this out in your post production - it looks much better when it is smooth,

- if you're having trouble (like me) keeping a proper smooth movement of the gimbal during overflight of something - do consider keeping the gimbal stationary (so first adjust, correct, then start moving) and just allow the object to pass - this looks usually better than jumps in the position of the gimbal,

- consider transitions between scenes in your movies - I'm using VideoPad software (free for non-commercial use) and I like their Cross Fade between scenes (2-3 seconds long - 3 better - you can adjust that after applying) and Fade (to black) at the beginning and at the end of the movie - looks rather good in my opinion,

- consider adding music as a background - if we had a mic on the camera I could consider skipping that but otherwise it makes quite a bit of sens,
- the scene where you're flying over water with the clouds reflected - really good - but if you just trim it and go for short specific clips of stuff which is more worthwhile I think this would be beneficial to the video - people need action on the screen, otherwise see first remark about attention span ;-).

So... end of rant ;-) I do hope this can be a bit useful to you. It's just my opinion but I did some research and so why not share the thoughts.

Cheers!

2017-3-26
Use props
BigWaveDave
lvl.1
United States

rnrnrn Posted at 2017-3-26 06:36
Yet another cool video there - thanks for pointing out :-) I'm rather new to editing myself but having read quite a bit about it I find some of those pointers were rather helpful. In case of your video I would say as follows:

- beautiful area that can bring great footage, good choice,

Thanks for the pointers...Ive been focusing on the fun of flying i guess you'd say instead having a big picture in mind and concentrating on the smoothness...yes its too long lol...i need to get my edit on. I love sharing on this forum for this stuff right here. now i can use comments likes yours to my advantage and create something amazing...Thanks Again
2017-3-26
Use props
fans967e5d3b
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2661624 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

very nice..
2017-3-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now