Retun to home - Canceling issue
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Elbert H.
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6299455 ft
United States

Last evening I was flying my P3P in the desert, and it there was quite a bit of wind. On my 3 rd and final flight for the evening I allowed it to go to far downwind before attempting to return to home.

Realizing this I flew the craft to within about a 100 ft of a paved road intending to land, then drive over and retrieve my drone. I also should note the remote is bleeping the low battery warning.

The problem is, every time I would cancel the automatic return to home, it would simply re-initiate the return to home which incidentally was the opposite direction of where I intended to land my drone. I would cancel it again and again and again, it was really becoming a problem, in that I was trying at the same time to land the drone SOFTLY !

I landed the drone twice, and then it simply went airborne again and needless to say I was getting quite frustrated. So consequently, I would up landing it rather hard, and did some damage to the gimbal. I finally put it into ATI mode, and I'm not sure if that's what finally got it give up the RTH function or not. But in any event, it did finally give up. It really is a fantastic feature and I would have never envisioned it being a problem........but it was last night

Is there a way, a proper way,  to cancel the return to home so it doesn't reinitiate repeatedly ?
2017-3-27
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
First Officer
Flight distance : 2075213 ft
United States

You sure you were not turning on RTH instead of canceling (or doing both)?  Or pushing the button too many times?
2017-3-27
Use props
Elbert H.
lvl.1
United States

No I wasn't utilizing  the RTH button on the remote, and I would cancel it every time it would pop up again on the screen, by touch screen.
2017-3-27
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

"Is there a way, a proper way,  to cancel the return to home so it doesn't reinitiate repeatedly ?"

Yes ...
Don't fly downwind in a strong wind
Don't fly until low battery RTH cuts in.
2017-3-27
Use props
Elbert H.
lvl.1
United States

Labroides Posted at 2017-3-27 15:57
"Is there a way, a proper way,  to cancel the return to home so it doesn't reinitiate repeatedly ?"

Yes ...

Very Cute !
2017-3-27
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

You would be better off cancelling RTH using the button on the remote. And whan landing, keep the left stick down until the motors shut off.
2017-3-27
Use props
Elbert H.
lvl.1
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-3-27 16:13
You would be better off cancelling RTH using the button on the remote. And whan landing, keep the left stick down until the motors shut off.

That makes sense as far as holding down the left stick to shut down the motors. I think that may have been what I did when I landed it the last time.

You know rightly or wrongly I've never used the buttons on the remote except to shut down the controller. I'll try utilizing the buttons next time I'm canceling, and see if it resumes RTH again.

Thanks
2017-3-27
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

With my P2 series, if I wanted to land it where it is, I would first change the home point to the location of the aircraft, then I'd let it RTH.  It will happily land where it is.  

I'm not sure if you can do that with your P3P...
2017-3-27
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Well if you insist on flying until Low Battery RTH initiates, go to the top of p13 in your manual and it tells you there how to cancel it
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _en_v1.8_160719.pdf
2017-3-27
Use props
Elbert H.
lvl.1
United States

Thanks Labroids, That is a helpful answer ! I'll check it out
2017-3-29
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

disable smart return home, then try it again.. if u think u r in a situation like this, it sucks to screw with the menus.. but i think disabling SRT would have done it.. I think what was happening, was that the logis was going "omg! i have to get back home, due to low battery!" so it kept reinitiating? Eventually it should have gotten to the autolanding mode.. I would have also thought that if u were landing and kept the left stick down it would have powered off...  Another possibility is that as u were landing, it's lose signal and initiate RTH again than, so u would have to flip "on signal loss throttle down" - which is NOT what u generally want.. but in this case... but again.. hard to alter your menus while u r fighting with the drone and the wind at once ;)
2017-3-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules