New? or Refurb?
493 8 2017-3-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BNags63
lvl.2
Flight distance : 228632 ft
United States

OK, I purchased a P4 the end of Jan. 2017. On the initial opening of the box, I noticed two things. 1) there was no sticker to peel off around the latch on the case. 2) the battery was not inserted all the way into the copter. After watching numerous "unboxings", I am starting to wonder if my P4 was a refurbished unit. Would DJI have this information on my drone?
2017-3-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Battery could have come loose when travelling, was that the only thing missing a sticker on the on the outside of the box, I mean think about it what your saying . The battery not fully inserted and the missing sticker, was there nothing else wrong with it, like scratches on the AC wear and tear on landing skids, can you not come up with something that might really show it to be a refurb...

I mean you made the mistake of putting your thread up on the P4 pro forum..
2017-3-28
Use props
tvl
lvl.3
Flight distance : 197779 ft
United States

I'm certainly no expert, but I've been told that a refurbished unit will an "R" at the end of the serial number. Hopefully, someone else can verify if this is true.
2017-3-28
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

My new Phantom - the battery was not fully inserted when I opened the box
2017-3-28
Use props
BNags63
lvl.2
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-3-28 11:34
Battery could have come loose when travelling, was that the only thing missing a sticker on the on the outside of the box, I mean think about it what your saying . The battery not fully inserted and the missing sticker, was there nothing else wrong with it, like scratches on the AC wear and tear on landing skids, can you not come up with something that might really show it to be a refurb...

I mean you made the mistake of putting your thread up on the P4 pro forum..

Sorry about posting this on theP4P forum. I'll be sure not to post anymore stupid questions hallmark.
2017-3-28
Use props
BNags63
lvl.2
United States

tvl Posted at 2017-3-28 11:51
I'm certainly no expert, but I've been told that a refurbished unit will an "R" at the end of the serial number. Hopefully, someone else can verify if this is true.

thanks tvl
2017-3-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

BNags63 Posted at 2017-3-28 12:07
Sorry about posting this on theP4P forum. I'll be sure not to post anymore stupid questions hallmark.

There not stupid questions, and I was just pointing out how easy one can make a mistake. If your putting your P4 down as a refurb because you had a not correctly fit battery and one sticker missing it's very little to comment on, but if it shows other problems which would show that it could be a refurbished P4 then maybe you should let us know what they are.
2017-3-28
Use props
BNags63
lvl.2
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-3-28 12:14
There not stupid questions, and I was just pointing out how easy one can make a mistake. If your putting your P4 down as a refurb because you had a not correctly fit battery and one sticker missing it's very little to comment on, but if it shows other problems which would show that it could be a refurbished P4 then maybe you should let us know what they are.

I was not putting my P4 down as a refurb. I was simply asking if it "could have been" a refurb. I was not aware that an "R" would be in the serial number if it was a refurb.  To answer your question, no, there was nothing else wrong with it. If there was, I would have listed those things in my initial post. Have a fantastic day!
2017-3-28
Use props
Glimmerman
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-3-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules