P3S Failure and support issues
1071 15 2017-3-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansc53b3b5d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 56493 ft
United States

I am relatively new to DJI but started flying a couple of years ago and have alot of hours with CX-20 and more sport oriented quad's. I received my p3s in February and about 30 days in had a failure. When I purchased the quad I went through the instructions / training etc. After my first few flights all I could think about is ordering the next one either a Mavic or P4P.

Every session or restart I calibrate the compass. I am conscientious when installing the battery and props. I look over things for cracks and defects.

Anyways about 30 days after I received it I started a flight. Good GPS and no Interference.  I ascended to 200'. Started to rotate the quad towards the East and it went into a straight freefall to the earth.

DJI is making the claim that the only thing that could cause this is user error installing the props and offers to repair it for $275.  I have read some other posts on here about similar situations.

Can you guys provide any insight on this?

2017-3-29
Use props
fansc53b3b5d
lvl.1
United States

http://app.airdata.com/main?share=pzCJSt
2017-3-29
Use props
robpiat1
lvl.1
United States

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/D426AXAR8FVW8MUIUCJA/

Sorry it won't let me edit the orginal post.
2017-3-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

What is your case# and I will look into it.
2017-3-29
Use props
robpiat1
lvl.1
United States

CAS-491203-D7Z2B9

As I said, I was really excited about my first DJI product. I feel like DJI has done an enormous job of making the hobby accessible.  It is however prohibitively expensive when unknown issues cause a failure. While people were very pleasant and understanding with me on the phone, each time I have been replied to via email a couple of days later and replies to that email don't get answered.

I'd love to buy a Mavic or P4P but at this point I'm am a little leery of the unknown.  Is it possible one of the props were bad? of course. But I don't think it's likely. I think its more likely something quirky happened with the motor to spit the prop. I would be happy to provide any additional information that would be helpful as I am just sick to my stomach about this at this point not knowing whether I ought to just scrap this whole adventure and let you keep the thing.
2017-3-29
Use props
robpiat1
lvl.1
United States

Any updates?
2017-3-30
Use props
MrPinaColada
lvl.4
Flight distance : 790082 ft
United States

Looking at the data, something happened to your compass. You said you calibrated I before flight? Where exactly did you calibrate it? Would a compass error cause your phantom to just drop out of the air well I'm not sure but according to the logs 3 warnings came up to switch out of P mode due to a compass error.
2017-4-2
Use props
fans5e8e7423
New
Flight distance : 19652 ft

Poland

witam mam podobny problem z ph3 wkonalem poczatkowe kalbracje wszystko bylo ok ok 120 m zerwal polaczenie z kontrolerem nie odpowiadal na komende wroc do domu i po chwili odlecjal czy serwis obejmuje taka narawe?
2017-4-3
Use props
robpiat1
lvl.1
United States

I think the compass error might have been triggered by it falling, not the other way around.

Does anybody know how to get someone on the phone at dji that can make a judgement call and work with me? I'm willing to meet them part way but will be leaving the pos with them if I have to pay 80% of the purchase price for a repair and never buying another.
2017-4-11
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136686 ft

Australia

It really looks like it dropped a propeller and then lost control.
2017-4-11
Use props
robpiat1
lvl.1
United States

I've read stories of other folks having the same exact issue and it being covered under warranty. The DJI customer service process has been very shocking. The call then wait 24-48 hours for escalation with no response is horrible. They will lose a future P4 / Mavic customer over $60 in parts and battery.
2017-4-19
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

robpiat1 Posted at 2017-4-19 12:11
I've read stories of other folks having the same exact issue and it being covered under warranty. The DJI customer service process has been very shocking. The call then wait 24-48 hours for escalation with no response is horrible. They will lose a future P4 / Mavic customer over $60 in parts and battery.

I responded to you on your other thread.
2017-4-19
Use props
robpiat1
lvl.1
United States

This is still dragging on. I think they discounted the repair significantly based on the invoice, but its hard to tell until I receive it.  It was paid 4/25, repaired 5/11, and still not shipped. DJI has argued, stalled, and missed their own schedule estimates at every event.
2017-5-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

robpiat1 Posted at 2017-5-17 05:32
This is still dragging on. I think they discounted the repair significantly based on the invoice, but its hard to tell until I receive it.  It was paid 4/25, repaired 5/11, and still not shipped. DJI has argued, stalled, and missed their own schedule estimates at every event.

We sincerely apologize for the delay. Could you please provide me with your case number so I can look into it? I'll help to get it solved as soon as possible.
2017-5-18
Use props
robpiat1
lvl.1
United States

CAS-491203-D7Z2B9

Still hasn't shipped. Was repaired 5/11
2017-5-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

robpiat1 Posted at 2017-5-19 08:47
CAS-491203-D7Z2B9

Still hasn't shipped. Was repaired 5/11

Sorry for my late reply. I have checked your case. Your aircraft has been shipped out on May. 20.
We sincerely apologize for the delay. Hope you will receive the drone soon.
If you have any further query, please feel free to let me know.
2017-5-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules