Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Not sure how I feel about this proposal to create radio IDs for drones:
http://www.wetalkuav.com/dji-remote-identification-license/

A DJI remote identification system may be used to track down drones in illegal action according to a recent proposal. This new tracking method was pitched to identify drones in unlawful action to local authorities via radio receiver. DJI called this a “balanced approach” to the rising problems associated with drones. This may even be a response to Canada’s recent law reformation regarding UAVs.
2017-3-29
Use props
superjet96
lvl.3
Flight distance : 142743 ft
United States

I know what you are saying about that.  Someone pointed out that it may be better for the drone world to police itself before the government does.  The government isn't going to loosen any regulations most likely.  DJI has already implemented geo fencing but we know how imperfect that has been.  On the other hand it may also be keeping government regulation at arm's length.  Much more regulation and we will probably see a lot of these machines for sale and DJI sales will be down.  It is self preservation in the end for DJI.  Being the most successful company in their class the spotlight is on them.  
I don't like it either and hoping it won't go too far.  It will have to be really fool proof.  Who will be the first to produce a dummy transponder to override this?
2017-3-29
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

The reckless flyers will only help put these types of things in effect sooner.
2017-3-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

My thinking on this whole thing since the draconian laws Canada has brought in is, in order to avoid the Canadian structure being introduced into other countries, the drone communities need to be at the forefront of what is safe, joe public and governments need to feel safe in the knowledge that flying drones is not an intrusion on their lives or their communities.
In aviation it's the FAA in US IAA in my country who decide what the rules of flying and safety are, it's not left up to governments , and lobbying politicians about aviation is a waste of time, they have little or no say in the rules or laws of safety and flying in aviation.
Once the drone communities sit back and allow governments to make the rules and laws, then we will all end up with the same situation as they have in Canada. It's always easy to win politicians over if your in the majority and at this very moment there are many many more voters who object to drones flying in their areas or communities right now. So making laws to appease these voters is a no brainer for politicians.
Give them the opportunity and they will jump at it.

If drone communities and dji can put more safety options forward and show that they also share a concern for the well being of joe public and the safety of all who are showing a concern, it will show that the drone communities are showing a real concern and a debt of feeling towards all those who may have real concerns regarding their safety and privacy.
What it says in the article may not be the way to go, but it shows some initiative on the part of those drone companies that safety is very much at the forefront of their new technology.
So all in all I think it's very positive that dji is looking to be at the forefront of safety for joe public and drone communities alike.
2017-3-29
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

They would need video proof or it wouldn't hold up in court. Waste of time, bureaucrats, most illogical people on the planet outside of sjw. They don't understand digital id can be spoofed. Off topic, they're idiots. Probably eugenicists as well, seems atheist, eugenicist, and idiocy goes hand in hand. The more control they have over the poor, the faster they can get to the end game of a perfect society were you and me don't exist. Remember that when they smile and think your too dumb to know what's happening.

The same thing was happening with guns in the last administration.
2017-3-29
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

Maybe this is why the app is having so many problems

2017-3-29
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

We are living in the lawless, old west days of drones, like everything else that's fun will now be regulated and restricted till all the fun is gone, enjoy this while it last....
2017-3-29
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
United States

We should all thank the ignorant careless Owners for the burden they are putting on the Drone community
Approx. 1 month ago some ass was flying in NYC  MANHATTAN of all places and crashed through a High rise
Building window --- No one was found responsible --- Things happening like this are causing a Big Problem     
2017-3-29
Use props
bigdps
lvl.3
Canada

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-3-29 14:09
We should all thank the ignorant careless Owners for the burden they are putting on the Drone community
Approx. 1 month ago some ass was flying in NYC  MANHATTAN of all places and crashed through a High rise
Building window --- No one was found responsible --- Things happening like this are causing a Big Problem

It has always been like that. You just need one a$$hole to fly like one and all of a sudden, EVERYONE is punished because the authorities think we are all cut from the same cloth of the said a$$hole. Sad really.
2017-3-29
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
United States

bigdps Posted at 2017-3-29 14:22
It has always been like that. You just need one a$$hole to fly like one and all of a sudden, EVERYONE is punished because the authorities think we are all cut from the same cloth of the said a$$hole. Sad really.

It is SAD
I was just reading your post about the Canadian Drone Laws
its a good write-up to bad it was a day late and a dollar short ----- To Late now

{:4_142:}
2017-3-29
Use props
bigdps
lvl.3
Canada

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-3-29 14:28
It is SAD
its a good write-up to bad it was a day late and a dollar short ----- To Late now

Not really. Those are just temporary measures. They are supposed to be ruled whatever in June. Until then, everyone I asked if they were doing something has said they did.
2017-3-29
Use props
KevDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475522 ft
United States

I think they should put the law so that we do not need to have random people ruining the drone experience for everyone, I think there should be no problems anymore.  I think they need to promote search and resue and film for the drone market, not fun and games, I shoot movies and share with my friends, I like editing, but if some person ruins it and hits some plane or something, then we will have laws after laws.
2017-3-29
Use props
4wesomeAdam
lvl.4
United States

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-3-29 14:28
It is SAD

Soon it will be more legal to puff weed in Canada.
2017-3-29
Use props
bigdps
lvl.3
Canada

Yup. Then we'll have baked fliers with cheap drones attacking people. Not what we want.
2017-3-30
Use props
Mustang1993
lvl.2

Canada

The only reason they want you to register is to provide mo money for the government.   All we would need to do is go to the local police force and provide them with a photo of our drones and the serial number inside.  If your's is custom made then the photo should be more than sufficient also.  I can't speak for all drones but mine has an FCC number as well.  Why not the same as manned aircraft with Tail Numbers. But we all know they will choose the one that makes the government the most money
2017-4-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules