Pixel disconnected and will not work any longer
1257 7 2017-3-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
derekcentrico
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23625 ft
United States

I'm new to this world of droning and it's been so awesome using the Mavic....when it works.

I completed two days of flying burning three batteries each time with zero problems.  However, this week has been insanely infuriating.  

First, I started receiving random disconnects whereby all signal was lost to the device.  I figured I was out of range so whatever.  Probably was.

I've flown closer and well within range and have major issuses with the phone connecting now.  I'm literally like 20 feet away in a field and it disconnects.  The connection never recovers.  I unplug/re-plug the USB cable that came with the Mavic.  I reboot the phone.  I reboot all devices.  I stay dead in the water.

Here is a screenshot from right after disconnect:
Screenshot_20170329-171244.png

Here is a screenshot after rebooting the phone:
Screenshot_20170329-172922.png

Nothing new on the phone.  Nothing different to the Mavic.

Any thoughts would be great.

I'll be testing a different USB cable tomorrow.
2017-3-29
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Any new apps on your Phone? Has the phone had a firmware update? Have you tried using airplane mode?
2017-3-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Please try with another original USB cable to connect your phone to the USB port on the bottom of the RC.
2017-3-30
Use props
StigNygaard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 357169 ft
Denmark

I had similar problems with my Pixel last time I flew a week ago. First (and so far only) time I have flown with current firmware and app-versions.
But I also flew in a new location, so even though I meant I should be far away from any "disturbance" (in the middle of a big forest), I wasn't absolutely sure.

Besides that, it is my impression that the latest app-versions has become more stable on Pixel (fewer app crashes). But just when you thought things was going in the right direction...
2017-3-30
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Make sure you only have one cable plugged in at a time. If you have a cable plugged in at the side and at the bottom and only one is connected to your phone, it won't work.
2017-3-30
Use props
FLYART0
New
United States

RANT: I have a Pixel (not XL) and it doesn't work for crap with the DJI Mavic, I called DJI and the guy pretty much told me to get an apple product... and referred me to the list of devices that work with the Mavic. Long story short he was not helpful. For an item that cost me about 10 times as much as my garmin watch, Garmin troubleshot the issues with my watch for 45 mins until it was resolved, DJI just wanted to hang up. Just saying they need to work on their customer service.

Actual answer. I've had some success with by using the USB to USB C cable that came with my phone and connecting it to the bottom USB on the RC. Try that out maybe it will help. Good luck and please follow up if you come across a solution that is better.
2017-3-30
Use props
derekcentrico
lvl.1
United States

Finally had a chance to play.

I enabled USB debugging and constant mobile data connection....-and- used the cable that came with the Pixel for USB-A to USB-C.  Worked like a champ.

Went back to the original cable and it seems to be working.

I'll play again soon and see if we're still kosher or not.
2017-3-31
Use props
derekcentrico
lvl.1
United States

Okay, it's been going well with USB debugging only enabled with original cables.

Sometimes it screws up and I switch to the original Pixel USB A/C cable for a flight.  Then, I go back to DJI's cable and it stays good for a few flights.  Weird but okay.
2017-4-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules