Osmo+, Android and Facebook live...
5931 13 2017-4-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansc13f7a13
lvl.1
Switzerland

Hi dji team,

we have bought an Osmo+ and downloaded the latest dji Go App (3.1.4).

We want to stream videos via Facebook live.

I did not come across a clear statement how this can be configured so I kindly would like to ask you to share instructions on how to do this with the latest dji Go app and the Osmo+

Thanx in advance,
Florian
2017-4-1
Use props
glenntan
New
Singapore

Hey fansc13f7a13,

You can try in the DJI GO APP, Bottom right, Pick the Settings button "Gear" looking icon.
There is a Select Live Broadcast Platform, click that and Log In with facebook.

Give it a shot
2017-4-3
Use props
fansc13f7a13
lvl.1
Switzerland

glenntan Posted at 2017-4-3 01:26
Hey fansc13f7a13,

You can try in the DJI GO APP, Bottom right, Pick the Settings button "Gear" looking icon.

Hi,

thanx for your help - are you sure we are talking about the Android app?

The iOS app has this button but not the Android as far as I know. would be cool if you can confirm you have this button on Android, I'm using DJI Go App 3.1.5 (latest release).

thanx,
Florian
2017-4-3
Use props
fansc13f7a13
lvl.1
Switzerland

ähmmmm....anyone fro the DJI team who could answer this question? This is a pretty essential feature, if this is/will not be supported I will start spreading my reviews all over Switzerland's electronic forums and warn people to not buy an Osmo+ in combination with and Android phone!
2017-4-5
Use props
nocompfr
New
  • >>>
France

on android, running last version, no live possible.
this is pathetic how apps dont offer same service depending of os you use, let me remind you android = 85% of the market
i just got mine today, offer less function than my ex osmo mobile, i am speachless, feel like i ve been ....
2017-9-27
Use props
ubaldoponzio
lvl.1

Italy

nocompfr Posted at 2017-9-27 07:26
this is pathetic how apps dont offer same service depending of os you use, let me remind you android = 85% of the market
i just got mine today, offer less function than my ex osmo mobile, i am speachless, feel like i ve been ....

If I read it well, it might be a problem for Android and not DJI software.
Android would not allow a WiFi connection with a device and streaming with the cellular connection at the same time.
2017-9-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

nocompfr Posted at 2017-9-27 07:26

Since the wifi channel has been occupied by Osmo, Android mobile device cannot switch to use cell phone data automatically, so there is not network for Android device to make live streaming.
Like ubaldoponzio said, it is a problem of Android instead of DJI Go, appreciate your understanding.
2017-9-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

ubaldoponzio Posted at 2017-9-27 22:39
If I read it well, it might be a problem for Android and not DJI software.
Android would not allow a WiFi connection with a device and streaming with the cellular connection at the same time.

That is the reason, thanks for your explanation.
2017-9-28
Use props
BrixSat
lvl.1
Flight distance : 191073 ft
Portugal

I guess android its not the problem since i can do it whith my samsung and gear 360 for example. I can use the wifi to stream to internet and also wifi to the camera 360. Or wifi to camera and 4g to facebook.
2018-5-21
Use props
Marcos Scarcella
New

Argentina

Hola soy Marcos de Argentina... pude hacerlo a través de 2 app
speedify  +  omlet arcade

en mi muro esta el video

Marcos Scarcella
2018-8-27
Use props
Marcos Scarcella
New

Argentina

https://www.facebook.com/marcos. ... s/1538069626339661/
2018-8-27
Use props
Marcos Scarcella
New

Argentina

https://www.facebook.com/marcos. ... s/1538069626339661/
2018-8-27
Use props
Mari
First Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-28 02:04
Since the wifi channel has been occupied by Osmo, Android mobile device cannot switch to use cell phone data automatically, so there is not network for Android device to make live streaming.
Like ubaldoponzio said, it is a problem of Android instead of DJI Go, appreciate your understanding.

... NOT TRUE... Android devices are capable of using Wi-Fi and Cell-Phone data at the same time, how else would it be possible to use your Android device as hotspot for your laptop?

I have already posted this some time ago, developers have to figure out how Android works and implement this option so OSMO+ can connect to Phones hotspot...

But seems that OSMO+ is no longer supported by DJI (see other posts on this forum about that!)...

2018-10-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Mari Posted at 2018-10-29 01:55
... NOT TRUE... Android devices are capable of using Wi-Fi and Cell-Phone data at the same time, how else would it be possible to use your Android device as hotspot for your laptop?

I have already posted this some time ago, developers have to figure out how Android works and implement this option so OSMO+ can connect to Phones hotspot...

Hi Mari, yes, I remember, I saw your posts several times, I have forwarded your concern to our engineers for attention, we are not sure if there will be more update in the future, but your feedback is much appreciated.
2018-10-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules