Lost DNG files?
609 0 2017-4-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
usko
lvl.2
United States

Hello,
I'm totally new to the forum here, so be nice if this has been covered before.... or if I'm missing something obvious. I have both and X3 and an X5R Osmo, and have just begun shooting with the X5R. I had something really odd occur on my second shoot with the X5R recently. I offloaded the DNG and MOV files from the SSD cards using Cinelight. Everything seemed fine and normal, and there was a LOT of content. I shipped the content on portable hard drives to my client, who now informs me that there is an incongruity between the MOV files from the micro SD card and the DNG files from the SSD. Apparently, many of the DNG files are missing, and there are many more MOV folders than DNG. I downloaded everything on the SSD and SD cards, so what could have happened? I had already formatted all my SSD and SD cards for another shoot, so I couldn't go back to them to double check. But I do remember reading something in the manual about 'syncing misaligned files' (the reason for the MOV files in the first place?) using the SD card. Now I can't find that tidbit to see if that's possibly what might have happened? Anyone have any suggestions? I was pretty certain I remember seeing those files when I downloaded, but maybe it was just the MOV files I was seeing, I can't recall. (it was a lot of content) I'm kind of hoping that maybe these files ended up in a different folder, causing the discrepancy between the number of DNG and MOV folders? The editor can't say, because he wasn't the one who shot it, and can't know what's missing.... but we know there are files not accounted for because I described several scenes which he's not found thus far....
Any advice here would be greatly appreciated!
2017-4-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules