Golf course videos - altitude and gimbal angle?
572 2 2017-4-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
qlddrones
lvl.2
Flight distance : 561706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Anyone here have lots of experience with fairway preview videos? I'm wondering about the best altitude to fly at (I'm thinking 15m) for a nice natural preview and also what gimbal angle (15 degrees below horizontal seems about right to me). Any thoughts about this? Do you use Litchi? If so, what gimbal setting do you choose and do you use the POIs to control where the camera is pointing or do that manually?
2017-4-2
Use props
juicedrummer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 27871 ft
United States

i would say this depends on the course and what you feel looks right.  you don't want to be above the tree line on a flat course and show other holes in the distance but you may want to be up higher on a mountain course to show how secluded the holes can be.  really just a matter of trying it out and getting a personal preference.  you could fly it low and get a more pov to the players eye style as well.  just depends on what you are trying to portray imo.
2017-4-3
Use props
Blackbeagle
lvl.3
Flight distance : 56 ft
United States

I plan on shooting some videos for my favorite golf course this spring. I will do it as a free service for a round of golf I will fly it as high as the ball flight would be, then descend like the ball would descend. You can see similar animation during the Masters. You can also maintain altitude as well, which is much easier. Again, it'll depend on the course. My course is very open on the front nine so I will fly at around 15M. Only you can decide on what looks right. I wouldn't go to low and I wouldn't go too high. 15M should be adequate. For fairways lined with a lot of trees, I would not go above the tree line (like the other poster said).
2017-4-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules