trica de
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1062090 ft
  • >>>
Germany

UPDATE 3

http://diariodeavisos.elespanol. ... sofia-grabado-dron/

UPDATE See page 2 - he deleted the video now

Found on Youtube ... sorry but this guys is an "!(§")=(?="§? !!!!!!
Near a Airplaine.... no comment

2017-4-5
Use props
NavigatorNL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 700768 ft
Netherlands

Agree totally!
2017-4-5
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

What the duck??? I'm reporting this to the Spanish authorities. Let's show that the drone pilots are responsible and we do not accept this kind of behavior!
2017-4-5
Use props
trica de
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

CuaC Posted at 2017-4-5 02:54
What the duck??? I'm reporting this to the Spanish authorities. Let's show that the drone pilots are responsible.

I think this is UK airport
2017-4-5
Use props
Car147
lvl.3
Flight distance : 180351 ft
United Kingdom

What a jerk. Hope they catch him.
2017-4-5
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Germany

trica de Posted at 2017-4-5 02:59
I think this is UK airport

Video name says Tenerife, that's Spain. Yet I haven't been to our Islands, but my impression is that this is Tenerife's South Airport (check the sat image on google maps)
2017-4-5
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

I hope you left him a nice Message on his YouTube page !!!  In the Aviation World any plane or objects (UFO's) that come within 200ft is considered a Near Miss and is reported This guy is an A-hole
2017-4-5
Use props
trica de
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

CuaC Posted at 2017-4-5 03:05
Video name says Tenerife, that's Spain. Yet I haven't been to our Islands, but my impression is that this is Tenerife's South Airport (check the sat image on google maps)

West Brom area of the UK i guess... not sure I was once in the UK
2017-4-5
Use props
trica de
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-4-5 03:09
I hope you left him a nice Message on his YouTube page !!!  In the Aviation World any plane or objects (UFO's) that come within 200ft is considered a Near Miss and is reported This guy is an A-hole

I reported it and left him a message yes ...
2017-4-5
Use props
Car147
lvl.3
Flight distance : 180351 ft
United Kingdom

It's not the UK, It's Tenerife
2017-4-5
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
United States

trica de Posted at 2017-4-5 03:17

Good Man ---- This is why the laws and idiot politicians are cracking down on RC Flyers
especially Drone Flyers---Its sad that all have to pay because of a few A-Holes
2017-4-5
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
United States

trica de Posted at 2017-4-5 03:17

Oh and if I see it on YouTube I'll leave him a very nice message and hopefully others will do the same !!!
2017-4-5
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
United States

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-4-5 03:45
Oh and if I see it on YouTube I'll leave him a very nice message and hopefully others will do the same !!!

Do you have the link ?
2017-4-5
Use props
travelrikk
Captain
Flight distance : 21877946 ft
  • >>>
Malta

Can we all comment on his video?
2017-4-5
Use props
trica de
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

hit the youtube link and see it in youtube there where you can see the name of the video
2017-4-5
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
United States

travelrikk Posted at 2017-4-5 03:47
Can we all comment on his video?

I would recommend all form members leave this Dummy a nice message on his YouTube page!!!!
2017-4-5
Use props
JBSonic
Second Officer
Flight distance : 779019 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Let this be a lesson to you all, something like this can get you into a lot of trouble. And nobody is anonymous online:

Jay Aztek Newman:

Facebook Profile: https://www.facebook.com/jay.a.newman
London, United Kingdom
rm41lt
Mobile: 07544 880037
Marital status: Not married
Offsprings: 2 children

Some background in DJ'ing.
Employment: Geekrepairs, a for hire van service for fixing electronics, no taxes being payed here, no VAT registration.
www.geekpcrepairs.com

No drone qualifications found, advertising for aerial work without explicit permission.No insurance (for aerial work, his van is insured)

Facebook Main Employment: https://www.facebook.com/GEEKREPAIR/
Facebook Drone Business: https://www.facebook.com/aerialdronefilm
Youtube side business Aztek Media: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7sDqDVpkLhy926CB1JYcyA

2017-4-5
Use props
4wesomeAdam
lvl.4
United States

I cannot believe how much of a moron this turd factory is.

Anytime I hear an aircraft such as a small plane or helicopter approaching, my SOP is to reduce altitude immediately, to identify the craft visually and further asses if I should avoid and lower altitude. It would be great if in extreme cases such as this DJI could "install an update" to the firmware of this choad with a kill switch disabling the craft permanently.
2017-4-5
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
United States

4wesomeAdam Posted at 2017-4-5 04:09
I cannot believe how much of a moron this turd factory is.

Anytime I hear an aircraft such as a small plane or helicopter approaching, my SOP is to reduce altitude immediately, to identify the craft visually and further asses if I should avoid and lower altitude. It would be great if in extreme cases such as this DJI could "install an update" to the firmware of this choad with a kill switch disabling the craft permanently.

KILL SWITCH ---------- I like Your Idea

2017-4-5
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Germany

I've posted this on a Spanish Mavic community and myself and other members are proactively reporting this to the Spanish Air Safety Office (AESA) remarking that this behavior is NOT backed up or supported in any way by the drone community, and that this kind of actions do not represent in any way our hobby/profession.
2017-4-5
Use props
Boardtalk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 209642 ft
Ireland

What an idiot! If he had sense he'd have taken the video down by now but obviously not. It seems comments he doesn't like are being deleted.
2017-4-5
Use props
bombardier
lvl.2
Italy

JBSonic Posted at 2017-4-5 04:03
Let this be a lesson to you all, something like this can get you into a lot of trouble. And nobody is anonymous online:

Jay Aztek Newman:

This informatiuon should be supplied to EASA in Spain.
2017-4-5
Use props
JBSonic
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well yes and no Bombardier, he merely travelled there for holiday. CAA should also be informed as the EASA might not be able to do much about it from Spain.I would also urgently get in touch with British Airways, it is their plane that basically had a "near-miss" situation here, I am sure they will be very interested in this too

2017-4-5
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
United States

Boardtalk Posted at 2017-4-5 05:06
What an idiot! If he had sense he'd have taken the video down by now but obviously not. It seems comments he doesn't like are being deleted.

Mine is still up
he can Delete all he wants , I'll just keep typing and reporting to YouTube till it is removed
I would advise Form members with YouTube accounts to do the same  
2017-4-5
Use props
bombardier
lvl.2
Italy

JBSonic Posted at 2017-4-5 06:06
Well yes and no Bombardier, he merely travelled there for holiday. CAA should also be informed as the EASA might not be able to do much about it from Spain.I would also urgently get in touch with British Airways, it is their plane that basically had a "near-miss" situation here, I am sure they will be very interested in this too

Indeed, or even both, no harm anyway. Did you see the ticket that the easa from spain send to a pilot i think from holland because he flew on a national park? This case is much more dangerous
2017-4-5
Use props
81SFORLIFE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 313281 ft
United States

Not cool at all, but honestly the video quality looks like it was done on a SIM game an added to the video? Looks fake to me. At least from 9-15seconds it does.
2017-4-5
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

JBSonic Posted at 2017-4-5 04:03

Jay Aztek Newman:

Every one go to his FACEBOOK Business page and leave a bad review!
2017-4-5
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

FrequentFlyer Posted at 2017-4-5 06:22
Every one go to his FACEBOOK Business page and leave a bad review!

I'll pass. It's always possible that the person identified in this thread isn't really the culprit -- and then you've done harm to an innocent person's business. Things like that have happened before, so I'd prefer to let the proper authorities handle this themselves.
2017-4-5
Use props
JBSonic
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

81SFORLIFE Posted at 2017-4-5 06:19
Not cool at all, but honestly the video quality looks like it was done on a SIM game an added to the video? Looks fake to me. At least from 9-15seconds it does.

Nah its real, also look at his channels, he does not do video manipulation of any sort. This is not 3D. Just a guy with a couple drones and not a clue how to use them right.
His channels are full of him flying over parked cars less than 1m, over cities very close to houses, past houses which I hope are from friends and family, otherwise serious privacy implications too.

He basically does not give a rat's a**
2017-4-5
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
United States

JBSonic Posted at 2017-4-5 06:24
Nah its real, also look at his channels, he does not do video manipulation of any sort. This is not 3D. Just a guy with a couple drones and not a clue how to use them right.
His channels are full of him flying over parked cars less than 1m, over cities very close to houses, past houses which I hope are from friends and family, otherwise serious privacy implications too.

He may not, but there's no need for an internet lynch mob -- if it's even him. Just let the folks handle this who are responsible for enforcing the laws and regulations.

2017-4-5
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-4-5 06:23
I'll pass. It's always possible that the person identified in this thread isn't really the culprit -- and then you've done harm to an innocent person's business. Things like that have happened before, so I'd prefer to let the proper authorities handle this themselves.

the same shots from the video are posted on the business page, what more evidence do you need. This is the type of people, like the one that crashed the drone at the wedding and a few people got hit.
2017-4-5
Use props
JBSonic
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-4-5 06:25

He may not, but there's no need for an internet lynch mob -- if it's even him. Just let the folks handle this who are responsible for enforcing the laws and regulations.

Oh trust me it's him
But of course, the authorities should deal with this. We are just giving them a hand.
He shows his face in the actual video, so its quite easy to proof it was him. They have the evidence (obviously) and now they just need to confirm that is the guy
2017-4-5
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
United States

FrequentFlyer Posted at 2017-4-5 06:30
the same shots from the video are posted on the business page, what more evidence do you need. This is the type of people, like the one that crashed the drone at the wedding and a few people got hit.

the same shots from the video are posted on the business page, what more evidence do you need

I don't need any evidence because it's not my place to determine guilt or dish out punishment. Yes, I suspect that it probably is him, but he doesn't have to be punished today -- or ever by me or anyone else on this forum.
2017-4-5
Use props
JBSonic
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-4-5 06:30
the same shots from the video are posted on the business page, what more evidence do you need

I don't need any evidence because it's not my place to determine guilt or dish out justice. Yes, I suspect that it probably is him, but he doesn't need to be punished today -- nor ever by me or anyone else in this forum.

Authorities will hopefully pick this one up. We just need his drones removed from him before he causes damage or injury. Bit of  monetary punishment  and that should hopefully be it
2017-4-5
Use props
bombardier
lvl.2
Italy

I don't need any evidence because it's not my place to determine guilt or dish out justice. Yes, I suspect that it probably is him, but he doesn't need to be punished today -- nor ever by me or anyone else in this forum.

....or even better, no punishment at all......let's wait till an accident occurs caused by a drone, right genius?
2017-4-5
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-4-5 06:23

Drone Flying ,

Even if it is not him and is Innocent , He should remove it due to complaints and people telling him what is
being done illegally in the Video --- any Moron would take it down Knowing it can come back to him even if he didn't do it ---- by leaving the video up just shows he don't give a Fook and should be dealt with accordingly
2017-4-5
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

Thats why there is over 500 thumbs down on his video, lol. This video must be posted in a few places.
2017-4-5
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
United States

FrequentFlyer Posted at 2017-4-5 06:42
Thats why there is over 500 thumbs down on his video, lol. This video must be posted in a few places.

Maybe so. At a minimum this thread has already been linked to from the MavicPilots forum, so it's snowballing at least partly from this one thread.
2017-4-5
Use props
JohnMcL7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15295 ft
Belgium

81SFORLIFE Posted at 2017-4-5 06:19

I had the same thought, it's difficult to tell with the compression artifacts so the video quality is poor  but on the ground there's blurry areas consistent with a CG level of detail and there's consistent aliasing alongside the edge of the objects - you can see a distinct stepped effect along the edge of the plane separate to the compression artifacts with a softening that looks a low level of anti-aliasing:

2017-4-5
Use props
JBSonic
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The aliasing is from the Mavic Pro footage, he shot the first bit of the video using the Mavic. Maybe he used 1080p 60FPS settings which makes this problem worse.
He did not film this with the P4, but with the Mavic.
There is no CGI in this footage
Also, dont forget the camera movement, it is consistent with how you would pan the Mavic and tilt the camera up. He has poor camera control, consistent with his poor judgement
2017-4-5
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules