Follow Me Weak GPS
1101 6 2017-4-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alex's Mavic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5423 ft
United States

I finally got a new Mavic Pro.  I have tried to use the follow me feature, however I keep getting a weak GPS signal.  After contacting tech support, which is useless.  You get as many answers as many people you talk to.  I was told that I have to send it in for repair.  Did not sit well with me.  Saw a bunch of reports about this issue and iphone & on AT&T network.  Went to my frineds house, he has an iphone on the T-mobile network, connected it to my drone, and had no issues.  So much for tech support recommending to send the drone in.

DJI will not admit that there is an issue with this.  It is obviously a software thing.

Any thoughts?

2017-4-5
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

I rather think it's a GPS thing, I've had mixed success with my iPhone 7 on AT&T until my most recent attempt, which was in an area that likely had better GPS signal than the previous spot I tried, which was surrounded by hills with less sky to work with.

Now, if you told me you tried your friend's phone and Follow Me worked fine, and then tried your iPhone at the same location and it didn't work, you might have a case -- did you try that?
2017-4-5
Use props
Alex's Mavic
lvl.2
United States

That is exactly what I tried. Went back and forth between my phone and my friends phone to make sure that it was just a fluke. His phone worked every time. Mine indicated weak GPS. I subsequently tried my daughters iPhone 7 plus AT&T same as mine and got weak GPS signal.
2017-4-5
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Have you try with flight mode on with your phone
2017-4-6
Use props
Turkk71
lvl.2
United States

I have experienced the same issue in odd situations. Oddly I have rectified the problem in each instance by landing turning it off and restarting. In each instance it worked after. Other times it just worked. Odd behavior. iPhone 7 Verizon for what it's worth.
2017-4-6
Use props
Alex's Mavic
lvl.2
United States

Verizon iPhone 7 have a Qualcomm modem. Att and t mobile have an intel modem. I believe that is exactly where the incompatibility stems from.
2017-4-6
Use props
Alex's Mavic
lvl.2
United States

Does anyone know if the new .600 firmware and dji go 4.06 fix the follow me issue?
2017-4-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules