Is it worth to buy used p3p?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
xpresive
lvl.1

Lithuania

Hello,
i'm looking for the drone. I am new to dji, but not really new to drones. I am thinking of buying p3p or p4. I would want p4 more, but its more expensive and batteries aren't cheap too. Not so long time ago i found new p4 unopened for 800 euros, good deal. He says he has a payment receipt, but i don't know if I would get dji warranty on this drone and warranty is important I think, as lots of people start having problems when they use phantoms 4 sport modes and it affects gimbal somehow.
Also, found dji phantom 3 pro with 2 batteries (1st battery- 1 cycle only, 2nd battery- 7  cycles), rarely used, basically was sitting on shelve, like brand new  with case and everything, also with leftover warraty, 1 year and 2 months. So this one costs 670 euros, used. So what you would suggest?
2017-4-8
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

If it was activated and sitting on a shelf for more than a year, then the warranty on it would be expired.
2017-4-8
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

If you get a trouble free Phantom 3 Pro, you won't need to worry or be concerned of a warranty... ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-4-8
Use props
skeyephantom
lvl.1

United States

Ask if you can test fly it.  If everything works as it should, go for it.
2017-4-8
Use props
xpresive
lvl.1

Lithuania

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-8 11:06
If it was activated and sitting on a shelf for more than a year, then the warranty on it would be expired.

Well he bought from store, and it has 2 year warranty. I don't know about DJI Worldwide warranty, but here in my country all electronics has 2 year warranty ( some companies only gives 1 year like apple and etc... ) . So I don't know if its 2 year DJI worldwide , or 2 years store warranty.
2017-4-9
Use props
xpresive
lvl.1

Lithuania

skeyephantom Posted at 2017-4-8 11:35
Ask if you can test fly it.  If everything works as it should, go for it.

P3P - He told me that I can come and test fly it, he will show me and etc... It is rarely used, it looks like brand new.
How to know if everything is ok? What is main thing to look at buying used drone?
P4 new - He seemed weird, got drone from norway and selling it.
2017-4-9
Use props
xpresive
lvl.1

Lithuania

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-4-8 11:23
If you get a trouble free Phantom 3 Pro, you won't need to worry or be concerned of a warranty... ;-)

How to know if its problem free. I didn't had any DJI products before, even never tried. Althou I had chinese drones like MJX X101 used with xiaomi yi camera, it is really hard to fly, so I think i will be OK with flying phantom.
2017-4-9
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

xpresive Posted at 2017-4-9 02:17
Well he bought from store, and it has 2 year warranty. I don't know about DJI Worldwide warranty, but here in my country all electronics has 2 year warranty ( some companies only gives 1 year like apple and etc... ) . So I don't know if its 2 year DJI worldwide , or 2 years store warranty.

DJI does not normally have a world wide 2 year warranty, it's generally a year. DJI does comply with regional warranty periods when they apply. If there's a 2 year standard warranty policy in your region, it would apply to this unit as long as it was bought there.
2017-4-10
Use props
xpresive
lvl.1

Lithuania

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-10 12:33
DJI does not normally have a world wide 2 year warranty, it's generally a year. DJI does comply with regional warranty periods when they apply. If there's a 2 year standard warranty policy in your region, it would apply to this unit as long as it was bought there.

So you say, that the left year i will have only like a store warranty not a dji ? Cause I just looked brand new phantom 3 pro and it has also 2 year warranty.
2017-4-10
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

xpresive Posted at 2017-4-10 13:09
So you say, that the left year i will have only like a store warranty not a dji ? Cause I just looked brand new phantom 3 pro and it has also 2 year warranty.

I was saying that yes DJI would have a 2 year warranty for that aircraft, if there is a mandated 2 year warranty policy in your country. Otherwise, the general warranty in most other regions would be a year.
2017-4-10
Use props
xpresive
lvl.1

Lithuania

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-10 14:02
I was saying that yes DJI would have a 2 year warranty for that aircraft, if there is a mandated 2 year warranty policy in your country. Otherwise, the general warranty in most other regions would be a year.

I don't want to create another post on this forum. Does warranty cover if youre drone flyaways with no reason at all and crashes, or motor stop working and goes down to ground and etc...? What should i look at when buying used phantom, what would be signed that phantom was crashed or it has problems? What is most problems with p3p?
2017-4-11
Use props
Phantom3ProPilo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 612825 ft
Croatia

xpresive Posted at 2017-4-11 02:41
I don't want to create another post on this forum. Does warranty cover if youre drone flyaways with no reason at all and crashes, or motor stop working and goes down to ground and etc...? What should i look at when buying used phantom, what would be signed that phantom was crashed or it has problems? What is most problems with p3p?

Look out for some stress cracks under the motors on the shell
That's a very common issue
I have none on mine P3P but you should see if that one has it
2017-4-11
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

xpresive Posted at 2017-4-11 02:41

The warranty would cover a malfunction of the aircraft that cannot be either contributed to user error or situations that are out of the drone or user's control (i.e. sudden rain storm, gust of wind etc.) and can be verified either by the internal flight data or Go app . If the unit takes off and it's not able to be recovered, it would have to be verified via the Go app whether or not it was caused by a malfunction of the aircraft. The final determination of the latter is handled on a case by case basis.
2017-4-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

xpresive Posted at 2017-4-9 02:21
How to know if its problem free. I didn't had any DJI products before, even never tried. Althou I had chinese drones like MJX X101 used with xiaomi yi camera, it is really hard to fly, so I think i will be OK with flying phantom.

While, that's only something that will be discovered over a short period of time.
After giving the drone a thorough going over, having done a good visual inspection...
Flying it, and having successful flights with no adverse or abnormal behaviour.

After you've had numerous uneventful flights and learned all there is to know about the drones abilities and capabilities. You will know...

RedHotPoker
2017-4-11
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

u can also download the logs from the drone itself, to find  if there were issues, crashes, but.. that is quite time consuming.. does not seem practical. I got me a refurb from DJI with 1 year warranty, and am happy thus far.
2017-4-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules