Flight Modes
1418 8 2017-4-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NightAngel79
lvl.3
Flight distance : 750354 ft
United States

Bought my first Drone last week and LOVING the Mavic! My question is, where is a detailed explanation of each smart flight mode, ie. Follow me, tripod, etc etc (won't show me all the modes without being connected, lol).

I've seen and learned a ton from some of the great Youtube vids, but anything more specific would be awesome. I played with Follow Me, but stopped because I was by houses at a low altitude.

Is there  FAQ that just talks about the smart modes in detail, including how they work?

Thanks!
2017-4-10
Use props
ramboT3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 147352 ft
United States

I personally used this video to figure them out.
2017-4-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Here is a thread for your reference.
http://forum.dji.com/thread-78589-1-1.html
2017-4-11
Use props
NightAngel79
lvl.3
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-4-11 00:45
Here is a thread for your reference.
http://forum.dji.com/thread-78589-1-1.html

Perfect!! Thanks so much Mindy aka Hitgirl!
2017-4-11
Use props
Oregonizm
lvl.1
Flight distance : 265154 ft
United States

I have found lots of into on smart flight modes on YouTube but I can't find anything anywhere that tells me what Atti and Opti modes are and how and why to use one or the other.  I also havent' found any reason to know the answer to this but since I watch the controller go thru both on startup it seems that It might be important to know.
2017-4-11
Use props
NightAngel79
lvl.3
United States

Oregonizm Posted at 2017-4-11 18:48
I have found lots of into on smart flight modes on YouTube but I can't find anything anywhere that tells me what Atti and Opti modes are and how and why to use one or the other.  I also havent' found any reason to know the answer to this but since I watch the controller go thru both on startup it seems that It might be important to know.

Yea, I've been just watching as many YT vids as I can. That, and the great info here have helped tremendously!

2017-4-13
Use props
NightAngel79
lvl.3
United States

Follow up question, perhaps I'm just not seeing it, but which flight mode can I set that will make camera focus on a object (say me) and no matter where I fly it to the camera stays trained on me. Seems like some of the flight modes do something similar, but not quite this?
2017-4-17
Use props
Oregonizm
lvl.1
Flight distance : 265154 ft
United States

NightAngel79 Posted at 2017-4-17 07:41
Follow up question, perhaps I'm just not seeing it, but which flight mode can I set that will make camera focus on a object (say me) and no matter where I fly it to the camera stays trained on me. Seems like some of the flight modes do something similar, but not quite this?

Active  Track (trace, spotlight and profile) are all used for keeping the camera trained on a subject.  The easiest on is Orbit.
2017-5-24
Use props
IVAN01
lvl.2
Flight distance : 559938 ft
Russia

Why trace mode stops following after few inputs from sticks?
2017-5-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules