Phantom 4 Pro Monitor Selection
3745 26 2017-4-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Curse
lvl.1
United States

I am considering the Phantom4 Pro, and since Im not gonna wait for the Crystalsky to be released, I have a question about monitors. I like a nice sized screen, so an iPhone wont cut it for me. Whats the best tablet to use that provides the best WiFi range, overall range stability, ease of use, etc...thanks

2017-4-11
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

As a starting pont, you would want to refer to the list of recommended devices:

iOS:
iPhone 5s, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular.  
This app is optimized for iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus.

Android:
Samsung S7 edge, Samsung S7, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Samsung tabs 705c, Ascend Mate 9, Ascend Mate 7, Huawei Honor 8, Huawei P8 Max, Vivo X7, Xiaomi 5, MI 3, Google Nexus 6p, Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, LG V20, Sony Xperia Z3, Smartisan T1.
*Support for additional devices available as testing and development continues.

From what I've seen on the Forum, most have been satisfied with any of the iOS tablets that have at least an A7 processor or higher. They are, however, a larger price tag.
2017-4-12
Use props
Curse
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-12 14:45

iOS:

Thank you for replying to my question. I am considering the iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. I do have two questions. First, do I have to use a cellular company or can I disable this feature? Second, just to double check, I will be recording video directly to the iPad, correct? Sorry for these simple questions but I am new to this and just wanna make sure I don't make any mistakes with a purchase. thank you
2017-4-12
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Curse Posted at 2017-4-12 16:41
Thank you for replying to my question. I am considering the iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. I do have two questions. First, do I have to use a cellular company or can I disable this feature? Second, just to double check, I will be recording video directly to the iPad, correct? Sorry for these simple questions but I am new to this and just wanna make sure I don't make any mistakes with a purchase. thank you

You do not need to have an active cellular data plan on the iPad, but it could be beneficial to you since it will have an internal GPS module that would allow for you to use Follow me and change the home point closer to your mobile device at your will. Having active cellular data would let you to load maps without being connected to WiFi, but you could always cache those at home or by any other internet source when needed.
2017-4-12
Use props
Curse
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-12 17:00
You do not need to have an active cellular data plan on the iPad, but it could be beneficial to you since it will have an internal GPS module that would allow for you to use Follow me and change the home point closer to your mobile device at your will. Having active cellular data would let you to load maps without being connected to WiFi, but you could always cache those at home or by any other internet source when needed.

OK that's cool. What about the recording of the video, does it record to the iPad or to the SD card?
2017-4-12
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Curse Posted at 2017-4-12 17:10
OK that's cool. What about the recording of the video, does it record to the iPad or to the SD card?

Just like Android, you do have the option to cache 720p screen recorder versions of whatever you record to the SD card. The higher quality recordings still go to the SD card.
2017-4-12
Use props
Curse
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-12 17:12
Just like Android, you do have the option to cache 720p screen recorder versions of whatever you record to the SD card. The higher quality recordings still go to the SD card.

I love that you are actually answering my questions, this is both helpful and impressive. Is there a size limit for the SD card? I would be recording mostly in 4K.
2017-4-12
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Curse Posted at 2017-4-12 17:16
I love that you are actually answering my questions, this is both helpful and impressive. Is there a size limit for the SD card? I would be recording mostly in 4K.

For the P4P, the max SD card size is 128GB, class 10, UHS-1. You would want the highest read and write speeds possible.
2017-4-12
Use props
Curse
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-12 17:20
For the P4P, the max SD card size is 128GB, class 10, UHS-1. You would want the highest read and write speeds possible.

I cant thank you enough for all the information you've given me it has been tremendously helpful. I will be purchasing the Phantom 4 Pro from your website within the next few days. I know you've probably been hit with this question a lot but I have to ask, any idea when the Crystalsky may be released? Thanks again for all your help
2017-4-12
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Curse Posted at 2017-4-12 17:16

Just to be clear on this, you do NOT have an option to send your primary recording to the iPad. The 4K files are only recorded on the SD card in the aircraft. A lower resolution copy at 720p is sent to the iPAD and can be recorded there, but it is subject to any glitches or disturbances that may occur in the radio link.

With regard to the SD card, to save on problems, buy a Sandisk Extreme or Extreme Pro, then you will not have any trouble with selecting a card that does not perform.

2017-4-12
Use props
theGrindLab.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

Curse Posted at 2017-4-12 17:32
I cant thank you enough for all the information you've given me it has been tremendously helpful. I will be purchasing the Phantom 4 Pro from your website within the next few days. I know you've probably been hit with this question a lot but I have to ask, any idea when the Crystalsky may be released? Thanks again for all your help

Understand that you do not need WIFI on your device to connect to the P4P.
2017-4-12
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Curse Posted at 2017-4-12 17:32

Unfortunately, there isn't an ETA for the CrystalSky monitor.
2017-4-13
Use props
Curse
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-13 07:25
Unfortunately, there isn't an ETA for the CrystalSky monitor.

So basically I don't need Wi-Fi or cellular to fly this drone, that's what the Light-bridge is for, correct? What the main reason I would need cellular for?
2017-4-13
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Curse Posted at 2017-4-13 16:18
So basically I don't need Wi-Fi or cellular to fly this drone, that's what the Light-bridge is for, correct? What the main reason I would need cellular for?

It would allow for you to load the map when not connected to an internet source via WiFi and post videos/pictures on the fly. If you don't have cellular data for loading the maps, you can cache them via an internet source before hand.
2017-4-13
Use props
Curse
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-13 16:25
It would allow for you to load the map when not connected to an internet source via WiFi and post videos/pictures on the fly. If you don't have cellular data for loading the maps, you can cache them via an internet source before hand.

OK so if I load the maps on the iPad when I'm at home thru my Wi-Fi and I'm not concerned about posting pictures or videos on the fly, I don't need cellular, correct. Without the cellular, do I still have the GPS capabilities?
2017-4-13
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Curse Posted at 2017-4-13 16:39
OK so if I load the maps on the iPad when I'm at home thru my Wi-Fi and I'm not concerned about posting pictures or videos on the fly, I don't need cellular, correct. Without the cellular, do I still have the GPS capabilities?

You are correct about the map loading at home. Yes, you the GPS module will still work without cellular data.
2017-4-13
Use props
Curse
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-13 16:48
You are correct about the map loading at home. Yes, you the GPS module will still work without cellular data.

So the bottom line is that I can purchase an iPad that has Wi-Fi and cellular, in case i ever wanna use the cellular but don't have to purchase a data plan right now and the iPad still has full functions with the drone, correct? Also, if I purchase this drone at a Best Buy, can I purchase the DJI Care Refresh on the web site for the year of protection?
2017-4-13
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Curse Posted at 2017-4-13 16:54
So the bottom line is that I can purchase an iPad that has Wi-Fi and cellular, in case i ever wanna use the cellular but don't have to purchase a data plan right now and the iPad still has full functions with the drone, correct? Also, if I purchase this drone at a Best Buy, can I purchase the DJI Care Refresh on the web site for the year of protection?

You are correct. To get DJI Care Refresh after purchasing from a dealer, you would follow the instructions at the link below:

http://store.dji.com/dji_care_infos/active

You would get an activation code after you've purchased the P4P Care Refresh from the Store page.
2017-4-13
Use props
GRAZY63
lvl.1
Italy

Salve a tutti del forum sono nuovo e mi chiamo Graziano, ho acquistato da poco un meraviglioso phamtom 4 pro plus, e mi sono accorto che non si può installare il software PIX4DCAPTURE per fare lavori di totpografia, e non si può nemmeno collegare un tablet esterno, qualcuno sa dirmi qualcosa a proposito, grazie.

Hello Forum I'm new and my name is Graziano, I recently purchased a wonderful phamtom 4 pro plus, and I realized that you can not install the PIX4DCAPTURE software to work to special point interest , and i can not even connect an external tablet someone, can tell me something about it ? thank you.
2017-4-14
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

GRAZY63 Posted at 2017-4-14 01:44
Salve a tutti del forum sono nuovo e mi chiamo Graziano, ho acquistato da poco un meraviglioso phamtom 4 pro plus, e mi sono accorto che non si può installare il software PIX4DCAPTURE per fare lavori di totpografia, e non si può nemmeno collegare un tablet esterno, qualcuno sa dirmi qualcosa a proposito, grazie.

Hello Forum I'm new and my name is Graziano, I recently purchased a wonderful phamtom 4 pro plus, and I realized that you can not install the PIX4DCAPTURE software to work to special point interest , and i can not even connect an external tablet someone, can tell me something about it ? thank you.

Ciao Graziano, you are right. The Android screen that is part of the p4P+ controller can not upload external Apps. At least for now (unlesss they change its software) you inly have the DJI GO 4 to work with. Actually, somebody on this forum posted a hack that would allow users to effectively upload external Apps, but frankly I would not do it.  (I suppose messing with the OS would implicitly void any warranty...) This is why I got the P4P NOT +, so I can use any external Apps with no problems. The alternative is to sell the + Remote Control and buy the normal one and a suitable tablet - or to swap it with somebody who wants a + but has a vanilla one...
2017-4-14
Use props
marctronixx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 210118 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can use a hotspot from your phone  to allow your remote with built in monitor to access the internet.
2017-4-14
Use props
GRAZY63
lvl.1
Italy

sorry marctronixx but I did not understand the procedure, way I have to use hotspot?
2017-4-14
Use props
Curse
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-13 17:09
You are correct. To get DJI Care Refresh after purchasing from a dealer, you would follow the instructions at the link below:

Just as a follow-up, I purchased the Phantom 4 Pro, 3 extra batteries, DJI Care, iPad Pro 9.7", Apple Care, Custom case, range extenders, DJI lanyard, Venom 4 battery charger, and 128GB SD card. Have been flying for a few days and this is AWESOME!
2017-4-21
Use props
Curse
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-13 17:09

Just as a follow-up, I purchased the Phantom 4 Pro, 3 extra batteries, DJI Care, iPad Pro 9.7", Apple Care, Custom case, range extenders, DJI lanyard, Venom 4 battery charger, and 128GB SD card. Have been flying for a few days and this is AWESOME! So far it is better then I imagined it would be! Thanks for all your advice and for answering my questions.
2017-4-21
Use props
moosa
New
Flight distance : 2598 ft
Pakistan

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-12 14:45

iOS:

Pl can anyone guide me how to activate my new phantom 4 pro
2017-4-21
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Curse Posted at 2017-4-21 17:29
Just as a follow-up, I purchased the Phantom 4 Pro, 3 extra batteries, DJI Care, iPad Pro 9.7", Apple Care, Custom case, range extenders, DJI lanyard, Venom 4 battery charger, and 128GB SD card. Have been flying for a few days and this is AWESOME! So far it is better then I imagined it would be! Thanks for all your advice and for answering my questions.

I'm glad to hear it's working out for you.
2017-4-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

moosa Posted at 2017-4-21 17:37
Pl can anyone guide me how to activate my new phantom 4 pro

If you want to start your own thread on the subject with how far you've gotten thus far, I can help you out further.
2017-4-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules