Firmware Update Compass Disconnected Error
1017 6 2017-4-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DSallee
New
United States

I recently updated my firmware to V01.03.0418.
After the update, P4P flashed yellow and red.

I launched DJI Go 4 and checked overall status.
Compass: Restart the Aircraft

I moved it to an area free from magnetic disturbance and recalibrated it, but the error remained.
I went into the andvanced\sensors state tab in the app and checked the compass values.

Compass 1: Disconnected
Compass 2: 27 (Green, no interference)

I followed the suggestion from this thread.
https://forum.dji.com/thread-90611-1-1.html

I even downgraded the firmware to what it was previously. V01.02.0304

I'm not sure if this is a firmware issue or if it's a hardware issue.
I did fly it a little today, but I only landed it twice. It shouldn't have knocked anything loose.
2017-4-11
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

If you have tried the troubleshooting steps on the other thread and the issue persists, then you would unfortunately need to send the unit in for service.
2017-4-12
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

And, of course, now there's firmware V01.03.0509 to test...
2017-4-12
Use props
DSallee
New
United States

Should I purchase DJI Care, or would it be cheaper to send it in without DJI Care. If I send it it, will they repair it or replace it?
2017-4-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

DSallee Posted at 2017-4-18 08:42
Should I purchase DJI Care, or would it be cheaper to send it in without DJI Care. If I send it it, will they repair it or replace it?

If you're outside of the 48 hours of activating the aircraft, purchasing DJI Care would not be possible at the moment. If you haven't crashed the aircraft and you just got the unit, I don't foresee this as a non warranty situation. Units are generally replaced on a case by case basis depending on what's needed to resolve the issue. I cannot guarantee it, but there's always the possibility.
2017-4-18
Use props
DSallee
New
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-18 09:19
If you're outside of the 48 hours of activating the aircraft, purchasing DJI Care would not be possible at the moment. If you haven't crashed the aircraft and you just got the unit, I don't foresee this as a non warranty situation. Units are generally replaced on a case by case basis depending on what's needed to resolve the issue. I cannot guarantee it, but there's always the possibility.

I purchased the P4P several months ago. Do I understand correctly that I am not eligible to purchase DJI Care?

Thanks
2017-4-21
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

DSallee Posted at 2017-4-21 12:59
I purchased the P4P several months ago. Do I understand correctly that I am not eligible to purchase DJI Care?

Thanks

That can be a bit of a gray area. It would not hurt to try once you get the unit back. You can apply for DJI Care after the fact by reviewing the link below. In general, you would need to make a video submission to prove that it's in working order along:

https://repair.dji.com/en/djicare/customerupload

Ultimately it would be the DJI Care team who would be able to make that final determination for you.
2017-4-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules