R/C will not take update at all! tried everything!!!
8668 26 2015-3-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
skynetdrones
New

Canada

Seriously tried everything! Erased all files off SD card, contacted support and recieved alternative bin file, followed instructions to the tee. Feeling defeated!!
Been working on this and the aircraft for the last two days. WISH I HAD NEVER TRIED TO UPGRADE!!!!!!!
2015-3-1
Use props
rfrye
lvl.4
Flight distance : 309606 ft
United States

see my post.

I had the same problem
2015-3-1
Use props
rfrye
lvl.4
Flight distance : 309606 ft
United States

Look for:
FINALLY GOT MY UPDATE TO TAKE- WHAT I DID
2015-3-1
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

Did you send your update log file to them?
They would need to know which part cannot update.
2015-3-1
Use props
wesdorman
lvl.2

United States

additionally, for Mac users, make sure your USB stick is formatted as MS-DOS (FAT) using disk utility.
2015-3-2
Use props
theparrotsketch
lvl.2

United Kingdom

So you got the aircraft to update but not the controllers? It's the other way round for me, tried every which way- There should be a swap service!! Then we could all have operational craft!!
2015-3-2
Use props
Markc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1637933 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I eventually succeeded using a different Card reader and the memory card supplied with the Inspire
2015-3-2
Use props
piotr.pawlowski
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Always work for me:
1. Delete all text files in root folder on SD card
2. Insert SD card to Inspire's camera
3. Turn on Inpire 1, wait for camera to calibrate and connect camera to R/C
4. Turn on R/C
5. Update will start shortly.
2015-3-2
Use props
CrabHawk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7782 ft
  • >>>
United States

Here's exactly what I did and in a TOTAL of 14 minutes from start to finish I was IN THE AIR! and it flew better than it ever has (No GPS drops, No Camera issue) Here's where it gets boring but informative so please bear with me.
I downloaded the .bin file (As a zip file you get a PDF with instructions and a .bin file) I discarded the PDF so all I had on the sd card was the .bin file (WM610_FW_V01.02.00.17.bin) I took the bird out of the case
I took the TX (Transmitter) out of the case I turned the TX on (No need for the iPad or android display at this point) Then I turned on the bird. I then took the bird out of transport mode by flipping the switch on the TX (In order to put the camera on the bird) Then I TURNED EVERYTHING OFF. After that I took the sd card (With the .bin file and put it in the side of the camera. (Nothing is turned on at this point! THEN I turned on the Inspire ONLY I did NOT turn on the TX!  THE BIRD ONLY IS ON AT THIS POINT I let the bird alone (This is the only thing turned on at this point) the file loaded in 6 minutes (But for about 45 seconds nothing happens - at least for me) The Inspire makes these quick beep beep beep beep 4 in a row (Sort of sounds like little pips) then after 6 minutes (For me) it made a slightly different noise (It sounded like the old time dot matrix printer) BEEEEEP (A little longer about 1/4 of a second) sound and then 2 more beeps in rapid succession (Listen closely)  Three beeps total - that means it is complete. then turn off the Inspire EVEN WITH IT MAKING THE SOUND it's not going to stop - at least for me it didn't and I can imagine I'd be there for hours waiting for it to stop just listen for the beeeeep beep beep) after turning it off I took the sd card out and put it into my computer I examined the contents and now there were TWO items on the card one had a name with "Result" on it I examined the "Result" file - just double click it and it said "Success") I then discarded the success file and put the sd card into a small thumb drive adapter if you don't have an adapter then copy the file to a regular USB stick and place it into the transmitter (With the transmitter off) Then turn on the transmitter only (With the USB stick in the back) it will at first for a few seconds have a red light but then it will turn blue (Meaning it is updating) after 5 minutes (For me) it turned green letting me know it was complete. I turned off the TX took out the thumbdrive / sd card adapter and checked it on my computer it had 2 files again and again it said "Result" I looked at  by double clicking and that said "Success" I took the bin file off the card (But I understand that you can keep it on) I placed the sd card back into the inspire (To use it to record video) I turned on the TX I plugged in the monitor (In my case it is a samsung tab 4 8inch) the screen pops up and asks for debugging (As it ALWAYS does) of course I press yes. Then I turned on the inspire and everything worked perfect from there on out. There is no need to explain how I did a compass cal or everything else.. It flew better than it ever did!!! Total time from start to finish 14 minutes I WAS IN THE AIR. I really hope this helps some people because there seems to be a lot of issues for some guys and if this info seemed long or even non relevant at times please forgive me and my apology. I'm just trying to help (After all isn't that what forums are for) Happy Flying!!!
2015-3-2
Use props
magaspen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 200279 ft
United States

same problem for me.  inspire upgraded and one RC upgraded.  second RC started upgrade process but after about 15 minutes beeping stopped and the controller has a light green light on whenever powered up.  i reformatted the usb and also tried another usb and downloaded the file again.  put usb into RC and powered up with same green light.  no noise, no change in lights, just a steady light green light whether usb stick is in RC or not.  the file generated by attempting upgrade reads:  
Packet: /mnt/usb/WM610_FW_V01.02.00.17.bin,
Result: Error
Failed to obatin firmware version. Power cycle the remote controller to upgrade the firmware again.

DJI says they have no knowledge of this and only option if it continues to fail to upgrade is to return for repair
not looking forward to a month away.  anyone else encounter this or have a suggestion?
2015-3-2
Use props
panox
lvl.3
Flight distance : 568819 ft
Germany

The same problem with Inspire 1. Both transmitters have updated normally. Inspire won't. Result: fail.  

Why did you get another bin and  I was told to send the whole messed up Inspire with transmitters for repair?  Destroying by updating is a very frustrating experience!  I flew three times!
2015-3-2
Use props
magaspen
lvl.2
United States

ok, hat's off to DJI chat tech.   called us tech number this am and basically got it half right.  told me to run the update using a file named gs_ofdm.bin   only problem was they couldn't tell me where to find it, or anything else, other than maybe email dji tech and if repeated attempts to upgrade the RC don't work...send it in.  gave me an RMA # and faced with a 3-4 week wait, i contacted dji via chat.  within 5 mins he sent me the ofdm file and sent instructions (which were a bit wrong in adding an unneeded step). simply format the usb stick.  download the ofdm file to the usb, insert in the RC, and the upgrade was successful within a couple of minutes.   i have tested the RC in single and dual configuration and did a 15 min test flight (in 22 knot winds) and all seems well.  of course this is only the first business day since the upgrade was released, but suggesting i send the RC to california for repair isn't a confidence builder.   dji chat saved the day
2015-3-2
Use props
patou72
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3316614 ft
Switzerland

Had the same problem with my RC.....so i took contact with the Dji support and they gave me a link for the " gs_ofdm.bin" . It worked for me.....so just try to contact them again....they should have now the link for you.....
2015-3-2
Use props
murph10375
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I had spent about 3 hours yesterday without success to update both. I tried a faster USB drive in the controller and it took 1st time, went green and no more annoying flashing red and beeping so I'm happy thats updated. Using the same method I have tried with the I1. All to no avail. When I switch it on it beeps constantly and then does the 4 beeps. After about 12-15 mins it then flat lines like a fax machine with a flashing yellow throughout. So bloody annoyed. Emailed DJI and waiting for a fix.
2015-3-2
Use props
nic
lvl.1

New Zealand

I failed with SD cards... USB Stick in the controller worked first time
2015-3-2
Use props
cacooley
lvl.2
Flight distance : 146056 ft
United States

Just Picked mine up yesterday and decided I wanted latest firmware. I did what everyone did above with the aircraft. It never gave me confirmation beeps at the end and the progress bar on the app never progressed. I waited 25 minutes and shut off and the text file said success. Did not give me a warm fuzzy that it went well. I then used the camera with a usb cable as an alternative to using a thumb drive or usb card reader. (Did not have either) That went well (took about 6 minutes and beeps while updating and the light went blue. Goes green when finished. Says success Hopefully future updates are better executed.
2015-3-2
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

magaspen Posted at 2015-3-3 04:45
ok, hat's off to DJI chat tech.   called us tech number this am and basically got it half right.  to ...

So do you put the  gs_ofdm.bin file on the USB along side the original upgrade bin or do you run it on its own first, then the upgrade bin on its own after?   Any feedback from the remote during the  gs_ofdm.bin?   Any info would be appreciated as one of my remotes is bricked for the moment.
2015-3-3
Use props
magaspen
lvl.2
United States

directions were format usb, download the gs file, run it on it's own...i did just that and in minutes got a red LED and RC was upgraded.  there was never any beeping or other noise associated with an upgrade.  also their instructions then said to run the original upgarde bin file again but i checked before doing so (since the LED was red) and the usb had a text file indicating the upgrade was succesful so i did not run the original file again (and they confirmed that was ok).  flight tested with both RCs and all was fine
2015-3-3
Use props
mgiamel
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1684495 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Can anyone tell me where to obtain the gs_ofdm.bin. The dropbox link seems not working
2015-3-4
Use props
Muller Media
New
Flight distance : 434747 ft
Bahamas

can someone please send me the gs_ofdm.bin. Address is mullermedia@outlook.com
2015-4-11
Use props
dundee
First Officer
Flight distance : 33550 ft

Thailand

Muller Media Posted at 2015-4-11 19:45
can someone please send me the gs_ofdm.bin. Address is

Get it from my site.

Note : format your SD and copy the FW onto it.

https://drive.google.com/open?id ... zX00&authuser=0
2015-4-11
Use props
joekeantang
lvl.4

United States

Hi, I had a similar problem when I got my 2nd controller it was just beeping and the red lights where on no blue lights at all!, i did everything possible to try to load that file, for a moment it became a brick! I finally decided to call DJI support after trying for a couple of hours. The guy/ tech sent me a different zip file before getting to the process of returning my controller. While been on the phone with him I downloaded the file to my  USB memory stick and placed it on my controller and it updated in a few minutes! It was so refreshing when I saw those red light turn to blue.... I would suggest you to give them a call and I am sure that in a matters of minutes you will have your controller back up and running.

Hooe that works for you!

Sent me your email I might have the file and I can send it to you!
2015-4-11
Use props
Muller Media
New
Bahamas

Thanks Dundee will try in a few mins. Thanks too joe
2015-4-12
Use props
Muller Media
New
Bahamas

That bin file worked for me now im up and running . Thanks once again
2015-4-12
Use props
kc1628
lvl.1

United States

I'm having this same problem with the slave RC, doesn't want to update or do anything, tried these files and still no go...I suspect there's a batch of bad remotes out there that are prone to update failures...oh well this looks like going back to DJI to fix...updating firmware is pretty straightforward, but bad hardware makes it frustrating.
2015-5-11
Use props
camera
New

United States

kc1628 Posted at 2015-5-11 14:22
I'm having this same problem with the slave RC, doesn't want to update or do anything, tried these f ...

I just ran into similar problems. Dealt directly with DJI and long story short it's suspected that the new firmware was not compatible with the older hardware (from the early release of the Inspire) and bricked the radios. Drone was fine, both radios had to be replaced.
2015-9-18
Use props
ajacobsen
New

United States

After updateing my Inspire 1 I could not upgrade the RC.

I turned on r/c and Inspire 1.    Swiped down on red rectangle on top of screen.  It said I needed to update firmware to version v1.3.0.00

I went to DJI page, made sure all bin files were off my usb thumb drive.  Downloaded v1.3.0.00 to thumbdrive.  plugged it in my rc and turned on rc.

It worked perfectly.

Then turned off rc.

turned on Inspire 1.  Turned on RC.  swiped down again on red rectangle, touched red triangle to update controller.  It all worked perfectly.

Hope this helps.
2016-5-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules