DJI repair progress so far
873 11 2017-4-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Silvrzuki77
lvl.1
Flight distance : 91545 ft
United States

Hey everyone,  I had a pretty serious crash and started a forum on. http://forum.dji.com/thread-90362-1-1.html.  DJI Ken has been very responsive to my questions and helping upload some info that I hadn't had at the time.  

So far they received my drone on April 4th and have had it looked at. April 11th got the email they will let me know the assessment and cost.  Seems a pretty reasonable response on their part!

Will keep you guys updated on the outcome.  
2017-4-12
Use props
Memtenn60
lvl.1
Flight distance : 456788 ft
United States

Sent mine in and they assessed it on 4/4 also.  Then DJI  sent  me email said it had been assessed and will be fixed at no charge and returned in 3-4  business days.  I called last Thurs, they said computers were down so could not check but would send me an email.  No email so called yesterday,  waited on hold 1 ½ hrs then was told they don't have the parts to fix.  Don't know when they will arrive but not to fear they are not going to charge me.
2017-4-12
Use props
Memtenn60
lvl.1
Flight distance : 456788 ft
United States

So I should be happy.  A friend sent his in for repair and took 5 weeks.  Don't hold your breath with customer service and repair time
2017-4-12
Use props
fansbb7a7b81
lvl.1
United States

Memtenn60 Posted at 2017-4-12 08:33
So I should be happy.  A friend sent his in for repair and took 5 weeks.  Don't hold your breath with customer service and repair time

Mine is currently with DJI for repair.  It was deemed destroyed, and DJI offered me a replacement for a little over $700.  I paid immediately, on 4/3.  To date, they have still not shipped my replacement, and customer service doesn't know when they will, claiming that the repair center has no replacements available, and that I need to wait for an update via email, which I can expect in a week. That email may or may not tell me when I can expect my replacement drone to ship.

Completely absurd.  I'm left with no money, no drone, and no recourse.
2017-4-12
Use props
LostMyMavic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 84957 ft
United States

its funny that they say they are repairing it lol cause im like 95% sure they never repair anyones drone. they send it back to china to part it out and send you either a new one or a new refurbished one. so idk why they are saying that they are waiting on parts cause if they actually do repair each one personally, they are wasting alot of money when they can just send you a refurbished one and send your beat up one back to china and take whats good and scrap whats bad.
2017-4-12
Use props
Silvrzuki77
lvl.1
United States

Well I just got my invoice for $392 dollars about had a heart attack. Called Dji to figure why. Answered immediately and I missed the box that stated covered by warranty!!! Said it should have not done what it did and is currently in the repair dept!!!! Very happy so far with their support and dealings both the company and on here. I will be getting the refresh as soon as I get it back!!!!
2017-4-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Memtenn60 Posted at 2017-4-12 08:31
Sent mine in and they assessed it on 4/4 also.  Then DJI  sent  me email said it had been assessed and will be fixed at no charge and returned in 3-4  business days.  I called last Thurs, they said computers were down so could not check but would send me an email.  No email so called yesterday,  waited on hold 1 ½ hrs then was told they don't have the parts to fix.  Don't know when they will arrive but not to fear they are not going to charge me.

I have added a note to your case and we will escalate the case for you.
2017-4-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fansbb7a7b81 Posted at 2017-4-12 10:06
Mine is currently with DJI for repair.  It was deemed destroyed, and DJI offered me a replacement for a little over $700.  I paid immediately, on 4/3.  To date, they have still not shipped my replacement, and customer service doesn't know when they will, claiming that the repair center has no replacements available, and that I need to wait for an update via email, which I can expect in a week. That email may or may not tell me when I can expect my replacement drone to ship.

Completely absurd.  I'm left with no money, no drone, and no recourse.

I have checked your case and your case was escalated. And I have added a note to your case to push it for you.
We sincerely apologize for the delay.
2017-4-12
Use props
Silvrzuki77
lvl.1
United States

I wanted to update everyone on my repair progress with DJI.  Got a email today that it will ship within 2-3 business days! Considering Easter and Good Friday and that I got my email that it was being fixed I am extremely happy with DJI customer service!!!!!!! I will update when I actually get my drone back.  I will be buying the Refresh immediately!
2017-4-19
Use props
Silvrzuki77
lvl.1
United States

Received my repaired Mavic yesterday! My experience with DJI customer service has been great! Hopefully everyone is going to receive the same.
2017-4-29
Use props
Grotto13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1148937 ft
United States

Silvrzuki77 Posted at 2017-4-29 05:35
Received my repaired Mavic yesterday! My experience with DJI customer service has been great! Hopefully everyone is going to receive the same.

I too had great repair experience!  They make Awesome product and there are alot of people crashing . Ofcourse they are a bit backed up due to this. To start case i advise you start a thread or even better find 1 that match your symptoms and then nicely click on reply to 1 of the administrators in thread asking them for help. Thet will see it quick. They give free back amd forth shipping im most cases which other companies hardly do amymore . Yes shipping takes 5 business days and few more to get logged in but then things start moving quicker. Remember they dont work on weekends and neither does shipping . So for example ,  if you mail back on a wed they maynot actully receive it till following thurs or friday and due to back up it prob won't get logged in till the following next few business days by then , itshould get to next step but then it prob weekend.  It going to take about 30 days or close to it when they are having a busy time. Quicker when not as busy obviously . So just be patiant . Nicely ask am administrator to check on case when you see it move along in repair stage . In mean time read all you can on forum amd you tube, learning your craft. Before you know it , your baby be back amd you will know way more of all the cool things you can do. Juss sayn . Good luck all and happy flying!
2017-4-29
Use props
Grotto13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1148937 ft
United States

Sorry  for spelling , typing  on this device not so easy lol
2017-4-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules