1435 4 2017-4-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansefdc13d6
New
Flight distance : 73540 ft
United States

Hello all

So, after my Inspire1 started elevating to return to home, it crashed into a tree. It fell about 40 feet onto grass.
Some minor scratches.

The main problem seemed that the vibration board being cracked. So I replaced it. After a successful replacement, the x3 self checks, the transmission is good, I've calibrated the gimbal. All seems fine.

Except after self checking the camera goes limp. It will not stay straight and focused. It is easily moved by touching it. It has lost all rigidity.
Do I need a new camera or can I repair this one?

Help!
2017-4-14
Use props
Daroga
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

Since it's going limp after self check, then it's likely an electrical connection that is being pulled apart by the motion of the self check.

When you replaced the vibration board, did you closely check the two cables and both end's white connectors that connect the X3 mount up into the nose of the Inspire? Often with breaking the vibration board, one of these will be intermittent because of partial electrical contact. You may want to remove the nose cone and closely check these for continuity and see if any pins have been pulled by the vibration board breakage. Check to ensure that one or more connectors weren't pulled slightly so that they are now making intermittent contact. If all connectors are sound, then it's probably the X3. Look at it closely for any damage to ribbon cables.
2017-4-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Try Daroga's advice. In addition, make sure that the gimbal connection points are all clean after the incident.
2017-4-14
Use props
fansefdc13d6
New
Flight distance : 73540 ft
United States

Thank you for the advice
2017-4-15
Use props
fans9b91dfa1
lvl.1
United States

Did you ever get it working.  If not do you want to sell it for parts?
2017-8-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules