Camera & Gimbal Issues
598 3 2017-4-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Milespnz
New
Hong Kong

Hi all,

I have been having a couple of issues with my Mavic.

FIRST ISSUE...
Related to the Gimbal and its tendency to randomly go out of control. So the other day I was out flying and the Gimbal spun out of control. It basically went full deflection in all directions and looked the same as it would if you were calibrating. I had to hit RTH to get it to come back because it was impossible to fly like that. This issue persisted for about 5 - 10 seconds.
It happened again this afternoon while I was testing out the fixed wing mode. I dove down and then turned slowly through 180 degrees back towards me. The Gimbal then flicked very quickly right by about 30 degrees and locked there. So the view from the camera was offset by that amount and stayed that way for around 30 seconds after which the issue corrected itself.

SECOND ISSUE...
Not so much an issue just wanting input. Please watch the video linked to this post. As I turn the Mavic slowly the image goes from super clear and detailed to jumpy and unusable. The background building flicker a lot and all of the detail is lost in the shot. NOTE; this happens in all flight modes and not just the new Fixed Wing Mode.
This can also be seen on the video before the Gimbal has an issue.
Is this an issue with the drone or is it possibly my camera settings?
Thanks for any input!

2017-4-15
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Did you take off from where you were piloting the MAVIC?

If you did then the issue might be because of the concrete slab. These concrete will definitely has metal reebar in them and that would affect the drone.

Rule of thumb, NO METAL, NO CELL TOWER, NO HIGH POWER LINE...

Redo a full IMU and Gimbal calibration before you do anymore flying and let us know.!
2017-4-15
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

What were your camera settings?
2017-4-15
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Basically, you can't get detail in fast pans without a high frame rate. Maybe the situation improves when using filters to keep your shutter speed double that of your frame rate, but it's not going to look the same as when not panning. As for detail, looks to me like what you get when you underexpose to try to tame the highlights or when you just have poor light -- the shadows get mushy due to compression and noise reduction artifacts.
2017-4-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules