Here Maps Not Caching in S5 Phone
952 10 2017-4-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stuka75
Second Officer
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

ON Android, app 3.1.3, the Here maps are not showing location. Have done zoom and scroll while on wifi, have cleaned the app caches on phone, but when powered to the drone no map, or just some street info with no detail. My Samsung Tab 6 maps work fine in Go.
Im on the firmware just previous to latest 1.8.10.
Any ideas would be apprecated.
Thanks
2017-4-16
Use props
Palladous
lvl.3
Flight distance : 102185 ft
United States

Flew for the first time with Android 3.1.3 (P3S f/w 1.7.9) today and noticed the same thing. Sorry I have no answer but would like to see if anyone does.
2017-4-16
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Hi Stuke, did you switched off your phone or was it idle only? If it was idle only then the app has a bug. I fly wit the Go app 3.1.5 and the map is cached on my sons iphone5 and my daughters S5.
2017-4-17
Use props
stuka75
Second Officer
United States

Peterx Posted at 2017-4-17 00:47
Hi Stuke, did you switched off your phone or was it idle only? If it was idle only then the app has a bug. I fly wit the Go app 3.1.5 and the map is cached on my sons iphone5 and my daughters S5.

Turned off phone, restarted and updated to 3.1.5(latest). Still the same issue.
2017-4-17
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Germany

Before you fly,start the go app and tab <Camera> the map will show up in the app. Close the app and let it run as backround task and idle the phone(do not switch off). If you are on the flight location then you can see the map after powering up the RC and AC. I hope that helps you.
2017-4-18
Use props
stuka75
Second Officer
United States

Peterx Posted at 2017-4-18 00:26
Before you fly,start the go app and tab  the map will show up in the app. Close the app and let it run as backround task and idle the phone(do not switch off). If you are on the flight location then you can see the map after powering up the RC and AC. I hope that helps you.

Thanks Peter. How do you "close" the app? Hit home button and turn off screen?
2017-4-18
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Germany

You can push the home button once or turn off the screen(safer). I personally turn the screen off.
2017-4-18
Use props
stuka75
Second Officer
United States

Peterx Posted at 2017-4-18 13:43
You can push the home button once or turn off the screen(safer). I personally turn the screen off.

Ok, I've tried a Tab 6, S5 and S7 edge, none of which is caching the maps. Litchi as usual caches fine.
I tried both 3.1.3 app and newest, 3.1.5 to no avail. Firmware is one previous to newest, 1.7. ___(not sure)
IM getting 4000 ft un augmented on my new P3S, so Im not inclined to update to the newest firmware,.
2017-4-18
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Germany

I think it´s not the firmware of the copter. What android versions are these phones 5.x and 7.x? On my device Go is caching the map for use. My device is a MPMan <MPQC96i> I have no SIM inside.
May be it´s a bug between the OS and the Go app.
2017-4-19
Use props
stuka75
Second Officer
United States

Peterx Posted at 2017-4-19 00:49
I think it´s not the firmware of the copter. What android versions are these phones 5.x and 7.x? On my device Go is caching the map for use. My device is a MPMan  I have no SIM inside.
May be it´s a bug between the OS and the Go app.

Thanks Peterx. I just set up a friend with a high end Tab S tablet and he had the same caching issue. Must be an Android issue. I believe leaving the App on after view maps in home wifi taking it to field will be the next thing to try as you suggested.
Strange though as this worked fine until just recently.
2017-4-22
Use props
Henry2016
lvl.2
Flight distance : 92215 ft

United States

stuka75 Posted at 2017-4-22 17:01
Thanks Peterx. I just set up a friend with a high end Tab S tablet and he had the same caching issue. Must be an Android issue. I believe leaving the App on after view maps in home wifi taking it to field will be the next thing to try as you suggested.
Strange though as this worked fine until just recently.

I have to ring in here due to the fact I am also having the same issues with my s2 tablet. I used it all of last year. Now no here maps caching. I can get them on my cheap ass samsung j1 phone but not the tablet. I have tried everything you have and more. Tried resetting tablet to factory settings, Uninstaller Norton AV. Thinking it wouldn't let here maps load as an attachment to DJIGO app. Still didn't work. I am now wondering if here maps conflicts with Google maps. I have Uninstaller and reinstalled many many times. So I am still looking to resolve this. I don't want to go buy another 3 to 400 dollar device when I know this one is both strong enough and capable of flying the p3a.
2017-4-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules