Follow me mode
892 9 2017-4-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
StephenGSY
lvl.3
Flight distance : 814232 ft
Falkland Islands

Haven't ever used this mode and tried it today. However it didn't work. Phantom entered the mode. Had no errors. And App said GPS is strong. But when I select to start the follow me Drone twitches. And the GPS shows as blank. Drone never followed me or even attempted to. Everything is up to date. And I am using an iPhone 7 Plus.

Any ideas?
2017-4-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Just want to verify, have you tried other mobile device? how about the performance with another one?
2017-4-19
Use props
StephenGSY
lvl.3
Guernsey

I don't have another device to try. I used to have an iPhone 6 Plus. And used the previous GO app before GO 4 was released and it worked. I'm not sure if it's an IPhone 7 issue or the app.
2017-4-19
Use props
StephenGSY
lvl.3
Guernsey

Also Natalia is there actually a new firmware coming for the P4 Standard?
2017-4-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

StephenGSY Posted at 2017-4-19 04:36
I don't have another device to try. I used to have an iPhone 6 Plus. And used the previous GO app before GO 4 was released and it worked. I'm not sure if it's an IPhone 7 issue or the app.

We've reported this case to the engineers, they are testing on its performance now, will let you know if we get any news, thanks for your patience.
2017-4-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

StephenGSY Posted at 2017-4-19 04:39
Also Natalia is there actually a new firmware coming for the P4 Standard?

Sorry we do not receive any information about whether a new firmware will be released soon recently.
While if we have it, we'll update it on our official website and make an announcement on social media as well, please keep an eye on our website, thanks.
2017-4-20
Use props
StephenGSY
lvl.3
Guernsey

Ok. Tried it again recently still the same issue.
2017-4-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

StephenGSY Posted at 2017-4-23 18:45
Ok. Tried it again recently still the same issue.

You tried another mobile device or still iPhone 7 plus?
Just to clarify, you did that in an open place without interference?
We are testing it now and will get back to you if we get a progress.
2017-4-24
Use props
StephenGSY
lvl.3
Guernsey

Previously I had an iPhone 6 Plus. Seemed to work on that ok. But recently upgraded to iPhone 7 Plus. Which I'm having problems with that mode.
2017-4-25
Use props
StephenGSY
lvl.3
Guernsey

One thing to note is I get errors popping up telling me that the GPS signal is weak. However it does not tell me which GPS it refers to. Don't think it's the P4 as it has a good 16 Satellies locked on most occasions. Minimum of 15. And sits in the it like a rock.
2017-4-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules