Gimbal Motor Overloaded
1287 6 2017-4-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chris2forTT
lvl.1
Trinidad and Tobago

Hey guys,

I know this isn't the first thread about this but the others did not help me. I have not crashed the Mavic, this started happening after an update.
I've tried IMU calibration, downgrading software and upgrading again. I've looked at the 3 tabs. I've also done the sensor calibration in the dji assistant 2 app.
Currently, I'm running V01.03.0600 on both mavic and rc.
Attached is a youtube link which shows the mavic starting and camera is now always pointed to the left. At the aircraft status, it states the latest firmware is Abnormal.
I live outside of USA, where I originally bought it. So I'm hoping I will not have to send it in as shipping will hurt my wallet.
New to the forum and happy to be here.

Overall Status

Overall Status
2017-4-19
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Welcome to the club.

First when the AC is off is the gimbal loose to move around meaning it is not stuck in the same position. If it is stuck even when it is off then gently force the gimbal all the way to the back but DO NOT force it and do the same in the opposite direction. Then do a auto gimbal calib.
2017-4-19
Use props
chris2forTT
lvl.1
Trinidad and Tobago

The gimbal is loose when the AC is off. But when I move it in any direction it always goes back to the left slant position. The gimbal calibration that you suggested failed. it got up to 5% and failed. I've never done that calibration before.

What you thinking now as the calibration failed?

2017-4-19
Use props
rnrnrn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430932 ft
Germany

chris2forTT Posted at 2017-4-19 12:07
The gimbal is loose when the AC is off. But when I move it in any direction it always goes back to the left slant position. The gimbal calibration that you suggested failed. it got up to 5% and failed. I've never done that calibration before.

What you thinking now as the calibration failed?

Gimbal calibration has to be carried out in good lighting - with not too much light and no horizontal line in sight it can fail - has happened to me. If you had good lighting and a nice horizontal line in sight - then skip my advice. Otherwise - wait for good daylight, position the Mavic on the floor at the balcony door (for example) and calibrate there - then it has a better chance of success.

Wishing you a successful resolution to your dilemma. Cheers!
2017-4-19
Use props
GrahamGee 9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 104882 ft
United Kingdom

I noticed on power up after installing the latest software update that the still camera image had almost white out so switched to Video and it corrected it's self - so I continued successfully to complete almost an hour of flight with video returning and then when shutting down notice that I couldn't fit the gimbal lock as the camera was out of position down and to the left!

The DJI software crashed a number of times towards the end of the flight but again corrected itself.

I also now face the same error as described in the placed posts, I carried out a number of resets and repositioning of the gimbal but every time it returns to the same position - down and to the left with the error as described along with Gimbal resetting with the 5% calibration and then fail.

So having  only had my Mavic for just over a month it's reallly Disappointing to now face returning under warranty it to DJI UK!
2017-4-19
Use props
chris2forTT
lvl.1
Trinidad and Tobago

Yes, this sucks. Down and to the left is what I am experiencing. I've had the Mavic for 2 weeks and this has happened.
Am I wrong with thinking there will be an update to fix this? Or should I send it back immediately?

Tried the gimbal calibration a couple times with no luck.
2017-4-19
Use props
chris2forTT
lvl.1
Trinidad and Tobago

Any other suggestions with this problem?
2017-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules