So happy to know early that DJI is challenging to work with
877 5 2017-4-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
robpiat1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 56493 ft
United States

I have been going through this. I guess I lost the minimal amount of money to DJI to learn that their service department is neither inclined or empowered to work with customers. I have read other similar posts about a drone having a propeller or mechanical issue that throws a prop resulting in a drop. They were covered under warranty. I have been nothing but patient and nice with them but I am pulling the plug on my plans for a P4 / Mavic at this point. It's telling that they want full retail to replace the battery that should have never been damaged in the first place. Why not cut customers a break on replacement parts after a crash?

I am sure some 3rd party insurance / repair centers and other drone manufacturers will take advantage of the current service situation.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-90590-1-1.html
2017-4-19
Use props
dazza.uk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 743110 ft
United Kingdom

100% agree, the support and after sales is awful, i sent a faulty battery in for diagnosis, beairng in mind its only 3 months old and they sent me a pro forma invoice lol, they are crazy, and 99% of all there email answers are like robotic scrpt work...
2017-4-19
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

The Repair team is looking into helping out with the cost of the invoice. In regards to lost propeller incidents, those situations are dependant on how long they stayed on the unit after take off. Based on the information provided, it was determined that it had not stayed on long enough to be indicative of a faulty propeller.
2017-4-19
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

dazza.uk Posted at 2017-4-19 12:33
100% agree, the support and after sales is awful, i sent a faulty battery in for diagnosis, beairng in mind its only 3 months old and they sent me a pro forma invoice lol, they are crazy, and 99% of all there email answers are like robotic scrpt work...

I respoinded to you on your own thread.
2017-4-19
Use props
robpiat1
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-19 15:01
The Repair team is looking into helping out with the cost of the invoice. In regards to lost propeller incidents, those situations are dependant on how long they stayed on the unit after take off. Based on the information provided, it was determined that it had not stayed on long enough to be indicative of a faulty propeller.

I appreciate that. I see the rationale about the length of flight but as with anything that is just a guess. It is fair to say that DJI, based on your expertise, believes that it was a improperly installed propeller etc. At the end of the day, there is no evidence to support that other than suppositions.

In parallel, my buddy is getting a similar run around on a P4 which though it was on the ground when it was at 300' in the air midway through his flight.

Its fair to say, that I, based on my decades of customer service interatctions and working at a service company, belive that DJI is either overwhelmed with the amount of repairs or is trying to aggressively limit repair costs and/or get out of the service business. Its a less than appealing part of selling a complex and expensive product that has a high risk of failure or accidents.

I get it---But when I see a full retail priced $149 battery on my repair bill I feel there has to be a way for you to help me out. I even asked if I could simply het a discounted P4 in lieu of repairning my P3. Both of these are rational questions that a customer oriented culture would jump to find a mutually beneficial way to keep me happy.

I remember someone smart telling me if it flies, floats or .... Rent it

Different guy...Never put anything in the air or underwater unless you can afford to lose it.

2017-4-20
Use props
robpiat1
lvl.1
United States

This is still dragging on. I think they discounted the repair significantly based on the invoice, but its hard to tell until I receive it.  It was paid 4/25, repaired 5/11, and still not shipped. DJI has argued, stalled, and missed their own schedule estimates at every event.
2017-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules