1186 2 2017-4-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
M Stuart K
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1267717 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have a specifi question regarding flying in a NFZ with Atti mode.  What (if anything) would happen if you were flying in a NFZ (basement or otherwise) and suddenly your aircraft received a good GPS lock inside that NFZ?  Would it land immediately, or would it it act unpredictable?  Would you have any control of the aircraft to bring it to a safe landing?  

I tend to use my basement to test firmware updates on occasion because I live within a NFZ and was just curious.  If someone has experiened this scenerio please let me know what happened.  
2017-4-19
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Here's a thread where someone describes that happening, though I also noticed that in the latest (v01.03.0600) firmware release notes there's this item, so it's possible that the behavior has changed:

"Optimized No-Fly Zone Return to Home and unlocking function."

What I do know for sure is that I've seen a lot of problems reported by people who live in or near NFZs and who've upgraded to that latest firmware.

2017-4-19
Use props
M Stuart K
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1267717 ft
  • >>>
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-4-19 18:42
Here's a thread where someone describes that happening, though I also noticed that in the latest (v01.03.0600) firmware release notes there's this item, so it's possible that the behavior has changed:

"Optimized No-Fly Zone Return to Home and unlocking function."

Thank you. Surely they can program the thing to allow you to bring it back manually.
2017-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules