lost signal
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
paultolliday
lvl.2
Flight distance : 263271 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi, Not sure im posting this in the right place but i have a problem, my phantom 3 pro all of a sudden looses RC signal at around 40 meters, i have full signal at 35meters then nothing at 40, it is up to date with firmware etc, previous flights have been no problem flying to max heigh and distance, nothing has changed no updates or changes to the software. i have tried re linking the remote and re calibrated IMU, compass etc but still loosing signal raplidly once its over 35 meters, any ideas anyone ?

Paul

2017-4-22
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

You posted this earlier I believe.  

We need more details.  How many flights have you had?  What kind of distance were you getting before?  What is your flying environment?  Have you done any mods?  Had any crashes?  Dropped your controller?  etc.
2017-4-22
Use props
paultolliday
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-4-22 16:43
You posted this earlier I believe.  

We need more details.  How many flights have you had?  What kind of distance were you getting before?  What is your flying environment?  Have you done any mods?  Had any crashes?  Dropped your controller?  etc.

Hi, environment is flat fields in the fen's and been flying in the same field with just over 5 hours flight time with this drone, there are no buildings or power lines and until yesterday I had no signal problems when flying at 100 meters high and 300 meters away, always in clear line of site. the drone is stored in a hard shell rucksak thats made for the phantom. I have had no crashes and never dropped it. the really strange this is the signal goes from 100 % to nothing between 35 to 40 meters either up or away, I don't fly directly above myself always out a bit then up.
2017-4-22
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

paultolliday Posted at 2017-4-22 23:28
Hi, environment is flat fields in the fen's and been flying in the same field with just over 5 hours flight time with this drone, there are no buildings or power lines and until yesterday I had no signal problems when flying at 100 meters high and 300 meters away, always in clear line of site. the drone is stored in a hard shell rucksak thats made for the phantom. I have had no crashes and never dropped it. the really strange this is the signal goes from 100 % to nothing between 35 to 40 meters either up or away, I don't fly directly above myself always out a bit then up.

Aloha Paul,

Do you live near any military facilities, possibly a military transit flight plan?  This is the kind of thing that the military can do, especially for training.  Things are kind of tense right now and may be there is an increase of security.  You may want to look into that .

Other than that, all you can do is document the problem you are facing and post your discoveries.  What is your location?  Have you tried a different location at least five miles away?  Can you answer Mark's questions?

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-4-23
Use props
paultolliday
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cetacean Posted at 2017-4-23 00:28
Aloha Paul,

Do you live near any military facilities, possibly a military transit flight plan?  This is the kind of thing that the military can do, especially for training.  Things are kind of tense right now and may be there is an increase of security.  You may want to look into that .

hi, I think I didi answer his questions, I did a test with my inspire, in the same field the inspire went 400ft up and 500meters out and still had full signal, so then launched phantom and it got to 40 meters away and lost signal, so definitly not environment / location, I have spent hours and hours looking into this problem and it seems lots of people have the same issue with signal loss, and there are loads of posts about upgrading and down grading firmware,  so I'm think I'm going to just scrap the phantom and look for another supplier.  but thanks for your input.
2017-4-25
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

As suggested: Have you tried piloting the Phantom in a totally different location?

RedHotPoker
2017-4-25
Use props
paultolliday
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tried 3 different locations, same result, but on the 3rd location I thought I would try linking my Inspire controller and hey presto can fly as far as I want (within legal limits) and no signal error, re linked phantom controller and back to 40 meter signal lost, so definitely the controller
2017-4-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules