4K bali holiday
1564 12 2017-4-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chr12 78
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Here is a link to my first video i have made with my mavic pro on holiday in bali in 4K.
2017-4-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Really beautiful. Good job.
2017-4-24
Use props
CreativeMe
lvl.2
Sweden

Nice video!

I've got some questions about the drone laws in Indonesia, Bali.
Im gonna take a vacction in Bali and really wants to bring my Mavic with me.
Is there any regulations about taking your drone into the airport in Indonesia and how about the drone laws? Can I record almost anything aslong as it's not commercial work?

and by the way, is there any beautiful places you would recommend to go to in Bali?
2017-4-24
Use props
chr12 78
lvl.1
United Kingdom

CreativeMe Posted at 2017-4-24 05:02
Nice video!

I've got some questions about the drone laws in Indonesia, Bali.

Hi
Bali is a beautiful place so you will get some awesome shots were ever you are.
As for the laws in the airport I didn't have any problems going or coming back just double check with your airline, had mine in the dji bag and inside my rucksack, the only thing you have to do is make sure your batteries are less than 50% and I put mine in lithium bags and took it on as hand luggage.
When you get over there I think the rules are pretty much the same as the uk for height ,airports ect ect.
The only thing that happened was when I tried to film in any of the temples they stopped me unless I payed, so try and find somewhere close by that you can fly from.Also check your mavic before you go anywere as i got to a waterfall and had to do an update so i didnt film.
one place we went which was amazing was lembongan island its a 45 min boat ride from sanur in bali you will get some great shots there you will have an amazing time i hope this helps.

2017-4-24
Use props
CreativeMe
lvl.2
Sweden

chr12 78 Posted at 2017-4-24 07:44
Hi
Bali is a beautiful place so you will get some awesome shots were ever you are.
As for the laws in the airport I didn't have any problems going or coming back just double check with your airline, had mine in the dji bag and inside my rucksack, the only thing you have to do is make sure your batteries are less than 50% and I put mine in lithium bags and took it on as hand luggage.

Wow thank you so much for the information! This was very helpful!
I'm a bit worried that the airport will seize my drone since I've heard some stories from famous youtubers here in Sweden that they got their drone seized in the airport.
Maybe they didn't had lipo bags for thier batterys.
How much do they wanna charge you for letting you video in the temple?
It looked like you had your time of your life in Bali and Im getting so excited for my trip now!
Thanks again!
2017-4-24
Use props
BengalBoy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11134446 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bali is Great!  Awesome video!!  Flying in Bali is sublime because the island is so photogenic anywhere you go.  Tanah Lot Temple is awesome to fly and so is Uluwatu.  I recommend you fly them both.  Mount Agung is great to hike and shoot with your drone if you can carry it to the summit.  Will take guts to let it go at 10,000 feet.  The waterfalls at Sekumpul and the Rice Patty fields in the mountains was well worth the day and save a battery for the Temple at Batur on your way back for sunset.  As the videographer said, flying at the temples can get you a 2 Million Rupia fine ($200 U.S.) and it happened to me at Uluwatu.  Negotiated it to $100.  At Tanah Lot I walked far out along the shoreline for sunset images with my camera and launched from there.  When I left after twilight no problems.  Generally speaking, use good sense where you fly and I don't think you'll have any problems.  The landscape can be challenging with the large cliffs and high swirling winds of Uluwatu.  Surfers at Uluwatu, landscapes at Nusa Penida, Temples all over the island, Volcanos, and waterfalls..... those were the places I had the most fun flying!

Mount Agung as seen from the Flores Sea in Tulamben, Bali.

Mount Agung as seen from the Flores Sea in Tulamben, Bali.
2017-4-24
Use props
chr12 78
lvl.1
United Kingdom

BengalBoy Posted at 2017-4-24 22:30
Bali is Great!  Awesome video!!  Flying in Bali is sublime because the island is so photogenic anywhere you go.  Tanah Lot Temple is awesome to fly and so is Uluwatu.  I recommend you fly them both.  Mount Agung is great to hike and shoot with your drone if you can carry it to the summit.  Will take guts to let it go at 10,000 feet.  The waterfalls at Sekumpul and the Rice Patty fields in the mountains was well worth the day and save a battery for the Temple at Batur on your way back for sunset.  As the videographer said, flying at the temples can get you a 2 Million Rupia fine ($200 U.S.) and it happened to me at Uluwatu.  Negotiated it to $100.  At Tanah Lot I walked far out along the shoreline for sunset images with my camera and launched from there.  When I left after twilight no problems.  Generally speaking, use good sense where you fly and I don't think you'll have any problems.  The landscape can be challenging with the large cliffs and high swirling winds of Uluwatu.  Surfers at Uluwatu, landscapes at Nusa Penida, Temples all over the island, Volcanos, and waterfalls..... those were the places I had the most fun flying!

nice pic did you take it with the mavic
2017-4-25
Use props
chr12 78
lvl.1
United Kingdom

CreativeMe Posted at 2017-4-24 21:09
Wow thank you so much for the information! This was very helpful!
I'm a bit worried that the airport will seize my drone since I've heard some stories from famous youtubers here in Sweden that they got their drone seized in the airport.
Maybe they didn't had lipo bags for thier batterys.

I think at Uluwatu they wanted to charge 2million IDR and at the sea temple it was 500thousand IDR,
Basically I think they pull a number out of their head and start negotiating.
At the sea temple I went to the cliff restaurants and flew from there they were fine as long as you brought something .
When are you going and what drone are you taking.
2017-4-25
Use props
BengalBoy
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

chr12 78 Posted at 2017-4-25 07:54
nice pic did you take it with the mavic

No, Mavic was released upon my return, however, it is taken with the Phantom 4 which is the same sensor used on the Mavic.
2017-4-25
Use props
CreativeMe
lvl.2
Sweden

chr12 78 Posted at 2017-4-25 08:04
I think at Uluwatu they wanted to charge 2million IDR and at the sea temple it was 500thousand IDR,
Basically I think they pull a number out of their head and start negotiating.
At the sea temple I went to the cliff restaurants and flew from there they were fine as long as you brought something .

So if im asking them kindly, negotiate the price, pay and they would basicly let me record a temple?
Im going to Bali 12 July. Staying there for 2 weeks.
2017-4-25
Use props
CreativeMe
lvl.2
Sweden

BengalBoy Posted at 2017-4-24 22:30

Thank you for the awesome tips, that was really helpful! Im even more excited for the trip now!
I can't wait to get my Mavic in the air there and see the beautiful landscape.
Should I be worried for the winds? I nearly lost my Mavic a few days ago because of strong winds here in Sweden. Thankfully I've pre configure the sport mode so I can activate it thru the switch buttom. So I'am really really careful when it comes to wind now.
Do you have any idea if people there dislikes beeing on video since im going to shoot a travel video and really want to show how people lives there and the nature.
2017-4-25
Use props
chr12 78
lvl.1
United Kingdom

CreativeMe Posted at 2017-4-25 23:35
So if im asking them kindly, negotiate the price, pay and they would basicly let me record a temple?
Im going to Bali 12 July. Staying there for 2 weeks.

Yes you have to try and negotiate everything in Bali,and when you have payed you can film were you want, I never did so can't be 100% on that.
But yes you will have an amazing time its a beautiful place and beautiful people.
2017-4-26
Use props
BengalBoy
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

CreativeMe Posted at 2017-4-25 23:49
Thank you for the awesome tips, that was really helpful! Im even more excited for the trip now!
I can't wait to get my Mavic in the air there and see the beautiful landscape.
Should I be worried for the winds? I nearly lost my Mavic a few days ago because of strong winds here in Sweden. Thankfully I've pre configure the sport mode so I can activate it thru the switch buttom. So I'am really really careful when it comes to wind now.

You can check out my InstaGram for my drone photos of Bali and Komodo Islands at Bengalboy69.  When shooting at the top of Mount Agung, 10,000 feet in the air, I had concerns that my Phantom 4 could not handle the high wind and altitude.  I was wrong..... it ate it up and spat it out.  The only thing that limited my shots was my own confidence in pushing my luck.  Back down at sea level, the winds and swirls off of Uluwatu can be formidable at first, but, having flown my Mavic in beach wind I am impressed.  My best advice to you when shooting around the cliffs of Uluwatu and the shoreline if the Indian Ocean is don't get out too far and get caught flying back in a headwind with low battery.  Begin your flight and go to the furtherest point you want to shoot then work your way back.  Be sure to have your Mavic within a 1000 feet of you by 40% battery life and you will be fine.  If a Phantom 4 can fly with the winds at the top of Mount Agung, the open Indian Ocean, and Flores Sea,,,, I'm confident your Mavic can do the same.  Just don't get lost in time and not have enough battery to fight through a head wind.  Here is a shot of me at the summit of Mount Agung flying at about 11,000 feet.
16403062_10212256230264306_1243045851401296162_o.jpg
2017-4-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules