Focus Wheel
1785 7 2017-4-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nieuwenhuys
lvl.1
Flight distance : 813661 ft
Australia

Hi all. I have brought the Osmo Pro Combo with a focus wheel and I can’t seem to get it to control the focusing of the camera, It only controls the aperture. I'm using the standard x5 camera, I have the go app updated to the latest version as well at the Osmo itself is updated to V01.03.00.40. I'm sure it's something simple that I need to do, but I can’t figure out what. When I plug the focus wheel into the Osmo the blue LED light comes on and an icon in the top left shows on the app of a little wheel and the AF/MF beside it (so this tell's me the Osmo is recognising the wheel is there).  Are there any settings I need to be in to make it work?  I have noticed that the focus wheel doesn't respond at all in the Auto and S (shutter) modes. In the M (manual) and A (Aperture) mode, it will only change the Aperture.

After reading a few of the posts on here is sounds like the problems that were happening before the update V01.03.00.40. came out. But the go app and the OSMO_FC550_FW_RESULT_AB.txt file tell me that's its been updated. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Lucas

2017-4-24
Use props
nieuwenhuys
lvl.1
Australia

I have just been in an hour and a half online conversation with DJI Online support for OSMO PRO and the lady I spoke to was very nice and patient but was not able to solve my problem, she finished the conversation by asking me to contact support@dji.com. Which I already have done, I contact them on Saturday the 22nd with a similar post to above and they gave me the following reply:

Thank you for contacting DJI technical support.

Kindly note the capable of aperture, focus or zoom are depending on the compatibility of the lens and the control can be switched on the DJI Go app. hence for the standard X5 camera lens, it currently only support the function of focus but do not have the rest two function.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us.
Kind regards,

DJI – The Future of Possible"

I replied with:

"Hi,

That's all I want it to do, control the focusing. And yes I'm using the standard x5 camera. But it only seems to adjust the aperture up and down . Do I need to be in a specific mode eg manual or automatic for it to function? Or it works across all of them. I looked online at the DJI forum and others who had the same problem seemed to solve it with the update. Should I try installing the update?"

It has now been three days and no response.

So DJI please tell me what I need to do to solve this, because this is getting ridiculous.
2017-4-24
Use props
nieuwenhuys
lvl.1
Australia

In the conversation to online support, the lady helping me confirmed that the firmware was updated to V01.03.00.40 through the OSMO_FC550_FW_LOG_AB.txt file and the OSMO_FC550_FW_RESULT_AB.txt, she also confirmed that the osmo itself was working perfectly... so I'm lost.
2017-4-24
Use props
nieuwenhuys
lvl.1
Australia

here is a really bad video of what is happening , you will have to expand it and turn the setting to 720p to see the it clearly.
2017-4-24
Use props
Skyclip
lvl.4
Flight distance : 347940 ft
  • >>>
Germany

nieuwenhuys Posted at 2017-4-24 22:25
here is a really bad video of what is happening https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QwgxbNHZcs, you will have to expand it and turn the setting to 720p to see the it clearly.

You don´t have the option in the Menu to switch between Focus and Aperture?
Go to Camera Settings, scroll down, switch from Aperture to Focus.
Screenshot is in German, but you should find it.

IMG_5189.jpg
2017-4-24
Use props
nieuwenhuys
lvl.1
Australia

Skyclip Posted at 2017-4-24 23:47
You don´t have the option in the Menu to switch between Focus and Aperture?
Go to Camera Settings, scroll down, switch from Aperture to Focus.
Screenshot is in German, but you should find it.

Skyclip you are my savior! Thank you so much!

I had no idea that function was there. You have made my day!
2017-4-25
Use props
Skyclip
lvl.4
Flight distance : 347940 ft
  • >>>
Germany

nieuwenhuys Posted at 2017-4-25 00:06
Skyclip you are my savior! Thank you so much!  

I had no idea that function was there. You have made my day!

No Problem, my friend. I guess you didnt scroll in first. ;-)
Have fun with the Osmo and Handwheel!
2017-4-25
Use props
nieuwenhuys
lvl.1
Australia

Skyclip Posted at 2017-4-25 00:09
No Problem, my friend. I guess you didnt scroll in first. ;-)
Have fun with the Osmo and Handwheel!

I had clicked on the camera icon but didn't know you could scroll down further to other options. I can't get over how simple it was. I have googled so many videos and forums and I couldn't find a video or post that explained, how to get to that menu option. I also showed the same video, with the same information to the online support and they never suggested looking at that menu. I don't know why, but anyway, I'm very happy, Thanks again!
2017-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules