Drone crashed, repair it under no cost?
2368 30 2017-4-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jdrios89C
lvl.1

Colombia

Name is Jose Rios, CAS-528094-R6S3W9, Drone crash under automated flight mission in DroneDeploy.
Purchased on February 22, 2017, and only in service for a month.

It's been a month since repair service answered and it's been almost 2 weeks since DJI support has received the drone, and it has become a complete joke playing a back and forth game. And don't even reply with the "what app was used during flight", because people purchase DJI products for their flexbility and mainstream visibility, otherwise this company would never be known at such level!.

I need an inmediate response and a full repair under no cost!!!, I have proof of everything, and by the looks of it, not even your data analysis team knows what they're doing, clearly the biggest scam in the world, to sell products and blame customers for the damage on faulty pieces of plastic. A $1500 dollar investment becomes a joke to DJI, and thats how everyone at this company handles customer satisfaction. Your company should be exposed for shady business practices under the code of law, and force DJI to respond accordingly. No more lies, no more delays.

I need a solution now!

2017-4-24
Use props
fans333b7866
New

United States

I was thinking about buying the inspire 2 for personal use, have decided to go with a competitor due to stories like this.
2017-4-24
Use props
Rex59
lvl.3
Flight distance : 24354 ft
United States

Sorry DJI but I have to chime in here. As good as your products seem to be in terms of technology, user interface, etc, your after sale service, unless improved dramatically, will eventually be your demise. I have already, in the year of ownership of a Phantom 3 advanced had a couple of service issues myself.. There seems to be an unusually high number of customer complaints on these forums. Most of the complaints seem to be about the lack of communication between your service dept and the customer;something that would seem to be a very easy problem to fix. The bulk of the other complaints seem to revolve around issues of denial of warranty claims that would appear to be with no basis. I love my P3A but with all of the service issues, I have had to steer a number of my friends to your competitors. I'd love to be able to refer them to DJI but cannot in good conscience. Here's to hoping you get your service issues resolved.
2017-4-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Jose Rios, sorry to hear about your crash.
We checked your case, our support keeps following up your case recently. You flew it with a third party app, while we are unable to review the records from DroneDeploy.
I've reported your case to the local designated department, will escalate it again and check what we can do to make things better.
2017-4-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Rex59 Posted at 2017-4-24 15:51
Sorry DJI but I have to chime in here. As good as your products seem to be in terms of technology, user interface, etc, your after sale service, unless improved dramatically, will eventually be your demise. I have already, in the year of ownership of a Phantom 3 advanced had a couple of service issues myself.. There seems to be an unusually high number of customer complaints on these forums. Most of the complaints seem to be about the lack of communication between your service dept and the customer;something that would seem to be a very easy problem to fix. The bulk of the other complaints seem to revolve around issues of denial of warranty claims that would appear to be with no basis. I love my P3A but with all of the service issues, I have had to steer a number of my friends to your competitors. I'd love to be able to refer them to DJI but cannot in good conscience. Here's to hoping you get your service issues resolved.

Thanks for sharing your experience here, I would feel the same as you do if I were in your position.
We listen to all the feedback on social media, and always working to improve our service, I've reported your feedback to the management, thanks for your support.
2017-4-24
Use props
Jdrios89C
lvl.1

Colombia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-4-24 19:03
Jose Rios, sorry to hear about your crash.
We checked your case, our support keeps following up your case recently. You flew it with a third party app, while we are unable to review the records from DroneDeploy.
I've reported your case to the local designated department, will escalate it again and check what we can do to make things better.

DroneDeploy has nothing to do with the fact that nobody can check the phantom 4 pro blackbox data, and that's DJI's problem for not knowing how to read their own info. I've sent all proof of everything, I have email proof of conversations, and even facebook chats, nothing has helped!, and still waiting on this really annoying situation. IT WAS AN AUTOMATED FLIGHT MISSION, so no way to blame a customer on the so called pilot error excuse or third party scenario. And like I said, in my original post, DJI wouldn't sell a single drone if it wasn't for developer and customer support, so it's irrelevant to say, that because a different app was used from DJI GO APP, than you guys can just avoid responsibility, that's called shady business practice!., my money counts, and it's a joke to be investing in gear that doesn't even last a month. It's mind boggling how DJI just beats around the bush to admit responsibility for their own products.
Get your act together and give me a real solution now!!!
2017-4-24
Use props
Rex59
lvl.3
Flight distance : 24354 ft
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-4-24 19:20
Thanks for sharing your experience here, I would feel the same as you do if I were in your position.
We listen to all the feedback on social media, and always working to improve our service, I've reported your feedback to the management, thanks for your support.

Actually DJI Natalia, it is you and the other administrators on this site that are the glue that holds everything together. Kudos to you and your co-workers for the excellent job you do here.
2017-4-25
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Jdrios89C Posted at 2017-4-24 19:25
DroneDeploy has nothing to do with the fact that nobody can check the phantom 4 pro blackbox data, and that's DJI's problem for not knowing how to read their own info. I've sent all proof of everything, I have email proof of conversations, and even facebook chats, nothing has helped!, and still waiting on this really annoying situation. IT WAS AN AUTOMATED FLIGHT MISSION, so no way to blame a customer on the so called pilot error excuse or third party scenario. And like I said, in my original post, DJI wouldn't sell a single drone if it wasn't for developer and customer support, so it's irrelevant to say, that because a different app was used from DJI GO APP, than you guys can just avoid responsibility, that's called shady business practice!., my money counts, and it's a joke to be investing in gear that doesn't even last a month. It's mind boggling how DJI just beats around the bush to admit responsibility for their own products.
Get your act together and give me a real solution now!!!

Please be advised that the internal flight data logs are only able to confirm whether or not the aircraft's components responded to possible outside forces (wind, impact, propeller flying off etc.) or to RC inputs accordingly. It does not record the settings applied by autonomous flight modes or SDK software. Based on the information provided, the flight data that was pulled from the aircraft was deemed inconclusive as there were no obvious indications of malfunction from the aircraft itself.

While DJI does provide a limited SDK for users to create 3rd party apps, they are not able to access 3rd party servers to evaluate warranty claims. By default, our aftersales policy does not cover damage that could have been the result of 3rd party hardware or software:

We will attempt to have the flight data re-evaluated. If the results are the same, the Support team will seek a resolution to hopefully benefit both parties.

AfterSales Policy.JPG
2017-4-25
Use props
Jdrios89C
lvl.1

Colombia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-25 15:04
Please be advised that the internal flight data logs are only able to confirm whether or not the aircraft's components responded to possible outside forces (wind, impact, propeller flying off etc.) or to RC inputs accordingly. It does not record the settings applied by autonomous flight modes or SDK software. Based on the information provided, the flight data that was pulled from the aircraft was deemed inconclusive as there were no obvious indications of malfunction from the aircraft itself.

While DJI does provide a limited SDK for users to create 3rd party apps, they are not able to access 3rd party servers to evaluate warranty claims. By default, our aftersales policy does not cover damage that could have been the result of 3rd party hardware or software:

I'm attaching DroneDeploy logs as part of my cooperation in solving this situation.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AunyPGbXxlgekXMgKc7YfVF7WaGv

2017-4-25
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Jdrios89C Posted at 2017-4-25 18:20
I'm attaching DroneDeploy logs as part of my cooperation in solving this situation.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AunyPGbXxlgekXMgKc7YfVF7WaGv

They had started the re-evaluation Yesterday, you should be receiving further contact from Support shortly.
2017-4-26
Use props
Jdrios89C
lvl.1

Colombia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-26 08:50
They had started the re-evaluation Yesterday, you should be receiving further contact from Support shortly.

1. I was just sent another repair invoice with a 20% discount from a $530 USD repair servicing scenario, which is still insignificant considering the fact that I have to pay $200 USD round trip International Shipping from Colombia.  

2. I can't believe this is the best DJI can do? for a $ 1500 USD investment!, I wouldn't want to imagine a full INSPIRE SERIES investment with such customer service!.

3. Also, Third party use is a must for any customer and one of the main reasons people purchase DJI products. For once, you guys should take into consideration how that translate into sales percentage in the long run, connecting the main idea in my original post, and for DJI to have such contractual clauses advising not to, shows that your Warranty wants to portray your drones as the holy grail of technology which is a complete embarrassment.

To finalize this message, I'm completely unsatisfied with DJI, and all that has to with it!, and if that's a way to lose a customer!, than so be it. But I won't keep quiet, and I will spread the word!!!, count on that.
2017-4-26
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Jdrios89C Posted at 2017-4-26 09:38
1. I was just sent another repair invoice with a 20% discount from a $530 USD repair servicing scenario, which is still insignificant considering the fact that I have to pay $200 USD round trip International Shipping from Colombia.  

2. I can't believe this is the best DJI can do? for a $ 1500 USD investment!, I wouldn't want to imagine a full INSPIRE SERIES investment with such customer service!.

The North American facility might be able to send the aircraft back to Columbia directly depending on your area. You can contact Support and provide them with your address to see if this is possible. In addition, you can see if they are able to assist you any further with the cost, but the non warranty determination would still stand and I cannot guarantee whether or not they can provide any greater discount. At this time, this is the only recommendation that can be provided.
2017-4-26
Use props
Jdrios89C
lvl.1

Colombia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-26 11:24
The North American facility might be able to send the aircraft back to Columbia directly depending on your area. You can contact Support and provide them with your address to see if this is possible. In addition, you can see if they are able to assist you any further with the cost, but the non warranty determination would still stand and I cannot guarantee whether or not they can provide any greater discount. At this time, this is the only recommendation that can be provided.

I appreciate all your help, I can't blame you guys for Company Policies!, but DJI top guys should really put effort into improving their ways.

Thanks for your feedback, and at least you have given me hope in the staff that works at DJI.
2017-4-26
Use props
Michael Kaine
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1217520 ft
  • >>>
United States

I purchased a Yuneec Typhon H in November of last year and have since became a huge fan of flying and Aerial photography.
in January I purchased the Mavic, a week later the P4P and 3 weeks ago the inspire 2 with X5S.
My mavic has been returned to DJI twice for repairs, the first time took 6 weeks to replace even tho I have DJI car Refresh. the second time ( currently ) the craft is returned because they sent me a replacement with a malfunctioning gimble I'm still awaiting its return. Mavic Case# below.
My phantom 4 pro works fine now tho I had to return it to microcenter ( a very nice store in Yonkers N.Y. with an amazing return policy ) twice to be replaced because of defects.

Now about my Inspire 2! I don't have mush to say about this UAV because I never got the chance to use it, up on inspection after its delivery I noticed a loud screeching sound coming from the gimbel ( kind of like Robocop moving in slow motion through a sand pit) I immediately called DJI tech support and spoke to a very nice Technician who immediately after trouble shooting for about 15 minutes issued a expedited 2 day UPS label that I received by email almost instantly, He promise that DJI would receive my plane within 2 days And that I would receive my replacement almost immediately after, I was very surprised by this level of service, it was far from the hell that I had experienced with my mavic pro and I would have been satisfied if DJI had Fulfilled that promise. On Monday day April 24th my inspire was delivered by UPS but according to DJI it not yet been received as of today April 27th. $6500 of my cash sitting on some doc on the west coast, but at least I still have my typhoon H witch has never had an issue ( oh my phantom 4 is sitting on my desk for the moment, a beautiful Paperweight. The DJI go 4 app as of update 600 simply stopped working on my galaxy tab S2 and my S8+).
I really do enjoy my DJI products when they do work and would even be a lot more understanding about all of these malfunction if there was better customer service and support. We by your products and then you treat us like criminals when we tell you that there is something wrong.

Mavic:
CAS-584076-T1Q6Q3

Inspire2 Return:
CAS-584414-f3x4k6
2017-4-27
Use props
Michael Kaine
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I really did want to pre order the new DJI goggles but I decided to give Walkers a shot
20170427_110644.jpg
2017-4-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Michael Kaine Posted at 2017-4-27 06:52
I purchased a Yuneec Typhon H in November of last year and have since became a huge fan of flying and Aerial photography.
in January I purchased the Mavic, a week later the P4P and 3 weeks ago the inspire 2 with X5S.
My mavic has been returned to DJI twice for repairs, the first time took 6 weeks to replace even tho I have DJI car Refresh. the second time ( currently ) the craft is returned because they sent me a replacement with a malfunctioning gimble I'm still awaiting its return. Mavic Case# below.

I replied you in another thread, sorry for your experience.
We care much about customer satisfaction and are working hard to improve our service and product quality so you would have a better experience with us.
For the second case, I checked it in the system, it has been checked in, while you asked for a new shipping label to send in other parts. Please let me know what we can do for you, I will inform the local designated department for your concern.
2017-4-28
Use props
Michael Kaine
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

If you can please have them ship me a NEW replacment (not repaired or refurbished, I paid for a new unit), and plaese do not forget to include the X5S camera gimble and or any of there included accessories, I'm still waiting on missing accessories from my mavic that was returned months ago.
The new shipping label has nothing to do with the replacment inspire 2 and X5S Camera and gimble, it's for a 128GB CINNESSD Drive that I'm returning for refund so that I could purchase twi of the larger 256gb drives. I did explain to the DJI representative that the new label was for the CINNE drive and had no connection to the replacment I2 X5S combo
1493379999078149323784.jpg
14933800271781913237153.jpg
2017-4-28
Use props
Jdrios89C
lvl.1

Colombia

All my messages get deleted!, I get that, but I don't understand is why nobody cares about this case enough to pursue any further actions, my thread simply died the minute you guys started ignoring me and my drone situation. I still have no final resolution and my investment sitting in your repair facility, can you guys show some respect and truthfully commit to solving this situation.

What does is take for you guys to react or take action!, My Ecosystem is sitting idle at a desk, because there's no drone to work with almost 1 month since you guys received it at your facility.

Why is there no communication between you and the repair facility enough to sort things out once and for all!.

2017-4-28
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Jdrios89C Posted at 2017-4-28 05:30
All my messages get deleted!, I get that, but I don't understand is why nobody cares about this case enough to pursue any further actions, my thread simply died the minute you guys started ignoring me and my drone situation. I still have no final resolution and my investment sitting in your repair facility, can you guys show some respect and truthfully commit to solving this situation.

What does is take for you guys to react or take action!, My Ecosystem is sitting idle at a desk, because there's no drone to work with almost 1 month since you guys received it at your facility.

At this time, your latest request for an invoice adjustment is under review and it can take some time to see whether or not the request is possible. I did escalate your concern of the delayed response to the supervisory team to try and hasten the process.
2017-4-28
Use props
Jdrios89C
lvl.1

Colombia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-28 13:50
At this time, your latest request for an invoice adjustment is under review and it can take some time to see whether or not the request is possible. I did escalate your concern of the delayed response to the supervisory team to try and hasten the process.

Nobody has come to help so far, a so called Mr. Marquez from the repair team, never replied to any of my emails, so how is this story going to unwind?, it's been a month worth of losing of money, time and patience.

I put a deal on the table (through email) to come to a consensus, yet nobody seems to care about anything. Can I get a real answer?
2017-5-1
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Jdrios89C Posted at 2017-5-1 06:08
Nobody has come to help so far, a so called Mr. Marquez from the repair team, never replied to any of my emails, so how is this story going to unwind?, it's been a month worth of losing of money, time and patience.

I put a deal on the table (through email) to come to a consensus, yet nobody seems to care about anything. Can I get a real answer?

You should have received communication from Support Today.
2017-5-1
Use props
Jdrios89C
lvl.1

Colombia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-1 14:31
You should have received communication from Support Today.

The fact that somehow, everyone at DJI doesn't decide anything, except the one guy that sends the invoice is ridiculous. Either way, the so called repair cost is extremely high, almost a third of the whole price and half the actual drone's cost, completely overpriced considering the math behind the parts, labor and time!. Even that scenario shows that no one wants to negotiate at least a third of that price, which would be around $307 USD, how hard is it to be realistic about your business and our pockets, no matter what, I've lost money in a month of non - service and the process was extremely annoying and useless.

Can you guys tell those guys at the repair center that!?

2017-5-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Jdrios89C Posted at 2017-5-2 09:27
The fact that somehow, everyone at DJI doesn't decide anything, except the one guy that sends the invoice is ridiculous. Either way, the so called repair cost is extremely high, almost a third of the whole price and half the actual drone's cost, completely overpriced considering the math behind the parts, labor and time!. Even that scenario shows that no one wants to negotiate at least a third of that price, which would be around $307 USD, how hard is it to be realistic about your business and our pockets, no matter what, I've lost money in a month of non - service and the process was extremely annoying and useless.

Can you guys tell those guys at the repair center that!?

Unfortunately, a 20% discount was the best they could do regarding the invoice. Like I previously suggested, you should provide them with your Columbia address so that they can look into shipping the unit to you directly which would help mitigate the shipping cost for you.
2017-5-2
Use props
Jdrios89C
lvl.1

Colombia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-2 12:21
Unfortunately, a 20% discount was the best they could do regarding the invoice. Like I previously suggested, you should provide them with your Columbia address so that they can look into shipping the unit to you directly which would help mitigate the shipping cost for you.

I already did, but they still want to charge me for the shipping too, so what's the whole thing about?, leaving a customer unsatisfied, who lost money, and on top of that, took forever to get back to me!

Can't wait for this nightmare experience to be over!,
2017-5-3
Use props
Jdrios89C
lvl.1

Colombia

It's been 2 days, can anyone help track my situation, a full repair has been done on my phantom 4 pro, yet there's no word on the shipping process, and a process this long needs to be solved immediately. This last step is all I want to be concerned with, until I receive it in my hands. With no further due, I await a sincere revision on my case.
2017-5-19
Use props
Jdrios89C
lvl.1

Colombia

Is this forreal, nobody is replying to my situation!!!, I paid for a repair, system shows it was fully repaired and tested, waiting on shipping process since Wednesday!!!, can anyone look into my case???
2017-5-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Jdrios89C Posted at 2017-5-22 09:33
Is this forreal, nobody is replying to my situation!!!, I paid for a repair, system shows it was fully repaired and tested, waiting on shipping process since Wednesday!!!, can anyone look into my case???

Sorry to have kept you waiting to get the shipping details.
We've informed the local logistic department to ship it back to you as soon as possible, thank you so much for your patience.
2017-5-22
Use props
Jdrios89C
lvl.1

Colombia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-22 23:22
Sorry to have kept you waiting to get the shipping details.
We've informed the local logistic department to ship it back to you as soon as possible, thank you so much for your patience.

It's international shipping, and I'm seeing S.F. Express, which is a Chinese courier. What does that mean?, A shipment from the United States, North America to Colombia, South America should be handled by either UPS, FedEx, DHL, or USPS, which are the common ones for such shipments, I hope you guys don't mess up my delivery, otherwise I'm really going be frustrated, and pursue legal action! for such mishandle and blatant lying!, get your act together and stop aggravating customers. I demand a response from the logistics department immediately., I was promised something, and I'm not being treated fairly.
2017-5-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Jdrios89C Posted at 2017-5-23 10:00
It's international shipping, and I'm seeing S.F. Express, which is a Chinese courier. What does that mean?, A shipment from the United States, North America to Colombia, South America should be handled by either UPS, FedEx, DHL, or USPS, which are the common ones for such shipments, I hope you guys don't mess up my delivery, otherwise I'm really going be frustrated, and pursue legal action! for such mishandle and blatant lying!, get your act together and stop aggravating customers. I demand a response from the logistics department immediately., I was promised something, and I'm not being treated fairly.

I've asked them to check the status and contact you for an update.
2017-5-24
Use props
Jdrios89C
lvl.1

Colombia

CASE SOLVED!, after 2 long and stressful months, I want to say the following:

1. Support in general still lacks a lot of coordination, and it doesn't behave like the company it should be.
2. These forums were way more helpful than emails or direct conversations with support staff.
3. Even though DJI covered shipping expenses, the bittersweet taste is going to last for a long time.
4. Persevering  through obstacles shows that you will finally succeed.
5. No path is easy route with DJI, but this channel saves the day for the rest.

Finally, I feel like there's huge room for improvement, but also feel like, it wasn't a complete disaster, so until next time.
2017-5-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Jdrios89C Posted at 2017-5-26 14:00
CASE SOLVED!, after 2 long and stressful months, I want to say the following:

1. Support in general still lacks a lot of coordination, and it doesn't behave like the company it should be.

Thank you for your feedback, we learn from the experience and will work harder to improve.
Sorry again for your unpleasant experience, nice to know everything has been resolved, enjoy flying!
2017-5-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules