Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Another P4P Flyaway! DJI Fail AGAIN! [MISLEADING]
949 7 2017-4-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Eric13
Captain
Flight distance : 13430925 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I don't understand how Labroides, Geebax, Nigel, Hallmark007 (too bad he is out - temporarily?) and other senior members
have the patience to help people day by day only to be yelled at.

If it was a TV show it would be funny. But it's rather disgraceful.
I have followed up on several threads about drone loss recently.

The dynamic is always the same:  
It starts with someone basically saying: You gotta give me a new drone, DJI!  
It's your fault! I know what I'm doing, I followed the rules!  

Intel/data provided is ALWAYS nothing. Blurry and emotional descriptions are being provided.
Maybe a screen shot.

Labroides, Nigel, Geebax, Hallmark or... (sorry if I can't remember all the names) come in to help.   
Obviously, they need flight data to investigate the issue.

Now the OP becomes suspicious:  
Are you telling me I did something wrong? Are you ACCUSING me? Does DJI pay you?  
From here on it gets ugly – still with the aides responding calm.  
No idea how they fu****g do it. I would explode.

One reason for threads developing in an unpleasant way is that new members think they are talking to DJI employees defending the product.
Of course they think so – they are in the DJI Forum!  
Maybe there is a better way to define who is DJI employee/representative and who is not.  
The rank of members is obviously being confused with being a representative.

Guys like Labroides, Nigel, Hallmark and all other aides have a way to keep people in the community.
Without them I would have probably given up with all my
fu****g tilted horizon issues.
Not that there is any solution but it feels good to be part of a community.

Thank you and Good Night from Germany.

2017-4-24
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Thanks so much for your input. We have a strict rule that only DJI reps can have "DJI" in their name. It should be clear who is representing DJI. You're right that more notable users like Labroides, Nigel, Hallmark etc. do a huge service for other members of the forum. It's frustrating to see users get defensive when most here are just trying to help.  

For the most part, with a calm demeanor members of the forum and mods (who work directly with or as part of the service team) can solve most issues or at least expedite service.

We depend on users using the report function to call out inflammatory posts. These reports are essential in maintaining a non-toxic environment.
2017-4-24
Use props
Antonio76
Captain
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

DItto, and thanks for a very nice post! I sure appreciate -and need- those who spend a lot of their time to help others
2017-4-24
Use props
dronist
Captain
  • >>>
United States

it is human nature to always blame it on the next guy sitting next to them, especially when it involves LOSS OF MONEY.

One of the requirement for warranty should be that new pilot do so many hours of training in the academy. Then so many hours of flying in BEGINNER MODE and only then they can move to regular mode.

Most of the issues (95%)  of the time are pilot error.   and could have been prevented.
They did not read the manual.
They did not practice enough to know the bird and all the functions. in case of emergency.
They fly off balconies, off cars, off trucks. etc...
and then they blame the fly away on everybody else...

It is time that pilot understand it NOT a toy and you should behave like a pilot by getting trained, practicing, examining the AC  before and after every flight, know your environment, wind speed, directions,  KP effect etc...

SAFETY FIRST - FUN SECOND
2017-4-24
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

dronist Posted at 2017-4-24 14:03
it is human nature to always blame it on the next guy sitting next to them, especially when it involves LOSS OF MONEY.

One of the requirement for warranty should be that new pilot do so many hours of training in the academy. Then so many hours of flying in BEGINNER MODE and only then they can move to regular mode.

'One of the requirement for warranty should be that new pilot do so many hours of training in the academy.'

Even more important is the need for people to understand what a warranty is. It is there to protect the buyer in case the product they bought is defective in design, or fails for any reason due to poor manufacturing.

It is NOT there to give you another drone after you were incredibly stupid and wrecked your drone due to your own actions.

Interesting fact, there are not many consumer toys these days that you can fly out to sea and lose completely. Never lost a phone or camera that way.

2017-4-24
Use props
dronist
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-4-24 15:29
'One of the requirement for warranty should be that new pilot do so many hours of training in the academy.'

Even more important is the need for people to understand what a warranty is. It is there to protect the buyer in case the product they bought is defective in design, or fails for any reason due to poor manufacturing.

I second that... Hey, went thru a tree, give me a new drone... Flew off a balcony, give me a new drone, flew up 500' in gusty wind, give a new drone...

2017-4-24
Use props
Nigel_
Captain
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

dronist Posted at 2017-4-24 15:54
I second that... Hey, went thru a tree, give me a new drone... Flew off a balcony, give me a new drone, flew up 500' in gusty wind, give a new drone...

I have noticed that suggesting that an accident is a case for insurance to sort and not a warrantee issue is never received well!

Not sure why some people treat drones differently to other things in this respect, if someone is driving a car and crashes while driving on ice they don't claim under warrantee, even if the car does have obstacle detection and autonomous braking!
2017-4-25
Use props
dronist
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Nigel_ Posted at 2017-4-25 00:53
I have noticed that suggesting that an accident is a case for insurance to sort and not a warrantee issue is never received well!

Not sure why some people treat drones differently to other things in this respect, if someone is driving a car and crashes while driving on ice they don't claim under warrantee, even if the car does have obstacle detection and autonomous braking!

I am with you man! Incredible what people will do and say to NOT take responsibility for their actions!
2017-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules