Question on charging battery's?
1258 6 2017-4-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

As for the battery count will it count as a complete charge say is your battery is at 92% and you charge it up to 100%?
2017-4-25
Use props
Mpampis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 276476 ft
Germany

I think so, because it counts like a battery circle if it hits 100%.
2017-4-25
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

I don't believe so. I seem to remember this question having been asked a while back and one of the DJI employees -- Mindy, I think -- said that the threshold is something like 70%. In other words, it only counts as a charge if the battery starts out below some threshold, and although I'm not sure I remember the specific amount correctly it was definitely lower than 92%.

I'll search for that other thread and see if I can find it.
2017-4-25
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-4-25 09:29
I don't believe so. I seem to remember this question having been asked a while back and one of the DJI employees -- Mindy, I think -- said that the threshold is something like 70%. In other words, it only counts as a charge if the battery starts out below some threshold, and although I'm not sure I remember the specific amount correctly it was definitely lower than 92%.

I'll search for that other thread and see if I can find it.

Yeah the threshold would nice to know that way Im not topping my battery's off a few percent and raising the charge count each time.
2017-4-25
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

FrequentFlyer Posted at 2017-4-25 10:41
Yeah the threshold would nice to know that way Im not topping my battery's off a few percent and raising the charge count each time.

Well, so far I can't find it so maybe I just imagined it. I could have sworn that I saw something like that because I had always wondered about this too.
2017-4-25
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-4-25 10:54
Well, so far I can't find it so maybe I just imagined it. I could have sworn that I saw something like that because I had always wondered about this too.

Hopefully soon a moderator will drop in with some info
2017-4-25
Use props
rnrnrn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430932 ft
Germany

FrequentFlyer Posted at 2017-4-25 11:39
Hopefully soon a moderator will drop in with some info

Actually - the LiPo cells count a full 100% run down as full cycle - normally but DJI may have put something else in the software and so an explanation from the inside would be useful. As an example - if you run down to 70% at the end of the day on your phone and charge it over night it will reflect 30% of a cycle only, then you charge it next day from 65% and the next day from 68% it will be 30+35+32 = 97% so not a full cycle yet. Next day let's say from 70% again it'll mean that after 3 days it'll be 127% so one full cycle + 27% and that's all. That's how normal batteries count it - good question about the Mavic ;-)
2017-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules