123Next >
3837 98 2017-4-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb1fe1104
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3372566 ft
United States

So I was out flying today, a normal flight I do about once or twice a week near a construction site behind my house. When I was reviewing the footage, I noticed a few small white ball type looking objects come straight toward and under my P4. They had to be traveling several hundred miles per hour because at 30 frames per second they seemed to travel about a mile in about 3 or 4 frames. I have no idea what this could be....tiny UFO's? Meteroite rocks? Anyone have any ideas? The clip is played at original speed, then 25% speed then 10% speed....even at that much of a slo mo the objects still go by pretty fast.

2017-4-25
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I don't think UFO will play let's HOPPPPP on the ground from tree to tree.  
2017-4-25
Use props
Gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

I suspect you will eventually discover, as I did soon after I started flying, they are nothing more mysterious than birds.
2017-4-25
Use props
fansb1fe1104
Second Officer
United States

Gil Posted at 2017-4-25 18:40
I suspect you will eventually discover, as I did soon after I started flying, they are nothing more mysterious than birds.

I would like to know what kind of bird can travel at the very least a few thousand feet in less than half a second??? This thing is moving way too fast....check it out in the beginning when its playing at regular speed...there is absolutely no way that is a bird.
2017-4-25
Use props
fansb1fe1104
Second Officer
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-4-25 18:39
I don't think UFO will play let's HOPPPPP on the ground from tree to tree.

That was not on the ground. The reason it looks like it is hopping is because its moving really really fast...watch the very beginning where the clip is played at regular speed. When I freeze frame it is a blur....believe me that was not on the ground and it was not a bird.
2017-4-25
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

fansb1fe1104 Posted at 2017-4-25 18:50
That was not on the ground. The reason it looks like it is hopping is because its moving really really fast...watch the very beginning where the clip is played at regular speed. When I freeze frame it is a blur....believe me that was not on the ground and it was not a bird.

It's A Bird... It's A Plane... No it's a UFO...
2017-4-25
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

You are in the United States, of course it is a UFO, what else?
2017-4-25
Use props
fansb1fe1104
Second Officer
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-4-25 19:19
You are in the United States, of course it is a UFO, what else?

Did you not read the description where I said maybe its a pieces of a meteorite rock or something? This is not faked, its not photoshopped, I was joking about it being  UFOs but technically it is a UFO because it is some type of object, it is flying and it is unidentifiable at least to me....How anyone could think these objects are birds is beyond me...My P4 was only going 18 mph at the time...so its not like it was the quad that came upon the objects fast...They come from way off in the distance (several of them as you can see) and are gone past me in like 4 or 5 frames.....I'm not saying its an alien spaceship but whatever it is is very strange.
2017-4-25
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

fansb1fe1104 Posted at 2017-4-25 20:11
Did you not read the description where I said maybe its a pieces of a meteorite rock or something? This is not faked, its not photoshopped, I was joking about it being  UFOs but technically it is a UFO because it is some type of object, it is flying and it is unidentifiable at least to me....How anyone could think these objects are birds is beyond me...My P4 was only going 18 mph at the time...so its not like it was the quad that came upon the objects fast...They come from way off in the distance (several of them as you can see) and are gone past me in like 4 or 5 frames.....I'm not saying its an alien spaceship but whatever it is is very strange.

It is not the first time they have been reported here. There have been two posts that I recall, all exactly the same thing. Meteorites leave a trail and do not fly horizontally.
2017-4-25
Use props
fansb1fe1104
Second Officer
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-4-25 20:49
It is not the first time they have been reported here. There have been two posts that I recall, all exactly the same thing. Meteorites leave a trail and do not fly horizontally.

I said pieces of a meteorite rock or something,.......And I hate to tell you this but I have seen a meteor (with a trail) come thru at almost a horizontal angle.....So tell me what you think it is since you seem to be able to offer no advice other than trying to discredit me.....
2017-4-25
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

That's an odd one for sure.
2017-4-25
Use props
fansb1fe1104
Second Officer
United States

fansb1fe1104 Posted at 2017-4-25 20:11

And to further my proof of meteorites at almost 0 angle....

http://adsabs.harvard.edu/full/1993JBAA..103..123H
2017-4-25
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

fansb1fe1104 Posted at 2017-4-25 20:59
I said pieces of a meteorite rock or something,.......And I hate to tell you this but I have seen a meteor (with a trail) come thru at almost a horizontal angle.....So tell me what you think it is since you seem to be able to offer no advice other than trying to discredit me.....

I am not trying to discredit you, stop being such a puss. Everyone knows that ALL Alien visitors land in the US, and ALL UFO's are seen there, this is a universal truth.

And I have no idea what they are, nor do I care.
2017-4-25
Use props
Nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

There are lots of these videos on you-tube, with the same sort of shaped object shooting through the sky, all caught with drone camera's.

2017-4-25
Use props
fansb1fe1104
Second Officer
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-4-25 22:28
I am not trying to discredit you, stop being such a puss. Everyone knows that ALL Alien visitors land in the US, and ALL UFO's are seen there, this is a universal truth.

And I have no idea what they are, nor do I care.

guess all those Russian and british UFO's are really shot in the USA and mislabeled
2017-4-25
Use props
fansb1fe1104
Second Officer
United States

Nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2017-4-25 23:42
There are lots of these videos on you-tube, with the same sort of shaped object shooting through the sky, all caught with drone camera's.

I noticed that when I uploaded mine.
2017-4-25
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

fansb1fe1104 Posted at 2017-4-25 23:53
guess all those Russian and british UFO's are really shot in the USA and mislabeled

All the best UK UFO's, like the Rendlesham forest incident, occurred just outside USA air force bases
2017-4-26
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Don't the aircraft dump the content of their water closets at high altitude, could be ice particles from that ?
2017-4-26
Use props
Bullflyer
lvl.4

Spain

Aardvark Posted at 2017-4-26 05:20
Don't the aircraft dump the content of their water closets at high altitude, could be ice particles from that ?

Aircraft keep the " used " water  in tanks inside the fuselage
2017-4-26
Use props
mareks
lvl.2
Flight distance : 454111 ft
Latvia

That`s just a birds poop.
2017-4-26
Use props
fansb1fe1104
Second Officer
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-4-26 05:20

I always thought the same thing, until I lost an argument by googling it.
2017-4-26
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Hypercompe scribonia.
2017-4-26
Use props
STRIDE8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1382431 ft
United States

Interesting indeed
2017-4-26
Use props
microlinux
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2576972 ft
  • >>>
United States

Pretty sure it's birds, you can see what appear to be wings in the right frames. But the speed seems high though.
2017-4-26
Use props
fansb1fe1104
Second Officer
United States

microlinux Posted at 2017-4-26 15:55
Pretty sure it's birds, you can see what appear to be wings in the right frames. But the speed seems high though.

When I had freeze framed it and zoomed in, it didn't look anything like a bird.They move so fast all it really looks like is a blurred white dot.
2017-4-26
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

Just throwing this out there. Have any of you ever filmed another drone flying?? I have and things in the air relative to the ground without anything else around near your altitude can skew your perspective big time. I'm almost completely certain they were bugs you were flying past or were flying past you. It may look like they are moving super fast but they really aren't.  Think of it like this, you drive your car and look up...  how fast does the moon sun or clouds move in relation to you?? Looking ahead at that lamp post coming at you, track it along the sky and it will seem to cover from one horizon to another in seconds. Same thing happens in the air. Not UFOs or meteorites  
2017-4-26
Use props
WilliamM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

Mobilcams Posted at 2017-4-26 17:55
Just throwing this out there. Have any of you ever filmed another drone flying?? I have and things in the air relative to the ground without anything else around near your altitude can skew your perspective big time. I'm almost completely certain they were bugs you were flying past or were flying past you. It may look like they are moving super fast but they really aren't.  Think of it like this, you drive your car and look up...  how fast does the moon sun or clouds move in relation to you?? Looking ahead at that lamp post coming at you, track it along the sky and it will seem to cover from one horizon to another in seconds. Same thing happens in the air. Not UFOs or meteorites

Think you got it. A bug just a few inches in front of the lens.
2017-4-26
Use props
fansb1fe1104
Second Officer
United States

Mobilcams Posted at 2017-4-26 17:55

I know its hard to tell because of perspective, but in my opinion they look way too big to be bugs....also my P4 was only going 18mph at the time, I doubt a bug coming from head on would be so fast that it would pass the camera from off in the distance to under me in 5 frames and cause it to be a blur. Ive passed over things moving in opposite direction in sports mode and the other object was moving much much faster than a bug can fly and that object about 10 feet below me passsed nowhere near as fast as these do and there was nowhere near the blur that this has.....Are you all missing the first 5 seconds or so when it is playing at full speed and and you will easily miss em if you blink??? The seond clips is played at 25% speed of the original and 3rd clip 10% speed of regular speed and even at frame by frame those things are still hauling ass.
2017-4-26
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

fansb1fe1104 Posted at 2017-4-26 19:53
I know its hard to tell because of perspective, but in my opinion they look way too big to be bugs....also my P4 was only going 18mph at the time, I doubt a bug coming from head on would be so fast that it would pass the camera from off in the distance to under me in 5 frames and cause it to be a blur. Ive passed over things moving in opposite direction in sports mode and the other object was moving much much faster than a bug can fly and that object about 10 feet below me passsed nowhere near as fast as these do and there was nowhere near the blur that this has.....Are you all missing the first 5 seconds or so when it is playing at full speed and and you will easily miss em if you blink??? The seond clips is played at 25% speed of the original and 3rd clip 10% speed of regular speed and even at frame by frame those things are still hauling ass.

Time to get technical. If the objects were moving as fast as they seem in that clip, they would be heated up by the friction of the air and would be either incandescent or at least trailing smoke or vapour behind them.
2017-4-26
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

fansb1fe1104 Posted at 2017-4-26 19:53

I'm convinced.  It looks real to me.
Ignore the other bozos comments.
I think you should bring this to the attention of teh US Air Force and if they dismiss you, take it to the top.
That big orange guy at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue will take it seriously for sure.
2017-4-26
Use props
fansb1fe1104
Second Officer
United States

Labroides Posted at 2017-4-26 20:46
I'm convinced.  It looks real to me.
Ignore the other bozos comments.
I think you should bring this to the attention of teh US Air Force and if they dismiss you, take it to the top.

Again someone who obviously doesn't know how to read descriptions.....props to you.
2017-4-26
Use props
fansb1fe1104
Second Officer
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-4-26 20:38
Time to get technical. If the objects were moving as fast as they seem in that clip, they would be heated up by the friction of the air and would be either incandescent or at least trailing smoke or vapour behind them.

Time to get technical....you are obviously just the smartest man ever aren't you?
2017-4-26
Use props
fansb1fe1104
Second Officer
United States

fansb1fe1104 Posted at 2017-4-26 21:06
Again someone who obviously doesn't know how to read descriptions.....props to you.

Yeah someone who says meteorites can't appear horizontal.......do you ever think before you speak?
2017-4-26
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

fansb1fe1104 Posted at 2017-4-26 21:06

So you have a couple of small light objects catching the light, drifting or blowing past your Phantom as it's flying.
They are close, possibly within a metre of the lens.
It's obvious they couldn't possibly any easily explainable earthly object like bugs or small bits of plant matter.
They could only be some kind of phenomenon of extraterrestrial origin and you're the lucky one to discover them.
Miniature alien spaceships are zipping around our planet at treetop height.
That's the only possible explanation that makes any sense.
Perhaps you'll become famous.
2017-4-26
Use props
fansb1fe1104
Second Officer
United States

Labroides Posted at 2017-4-26 21:38
So you have a couple of small light objects catching the light, drifting or blowing past your Phantom as it's flying.
It's obvious they couldn't possibly any easily explainable earthly object like bugs or small bits of plant matter.

perhaps you will be famous for rarely offering anything other than smart ass remarks.
2017-4-26
Use props
fansb1fe1104
Second Officer
United States

Labroides Posted at 2017-4-26 21:38

Meteorites are extra-terrestrial???? Perhaps you should repeat first grade science.
2017-4-26
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

fansb1fe1104 Posted at 2017-4-26 21:39
perhaps you will be famous for rarely offering anything other than smart ass remarks.

And when you come out in a public forum with a completely laughable story like micro UFOs caught on my drone camera, you should expect to be ridiculed.
Very few people are going to take you seriously ... and you shouldn't take any notice of anyone that does.
2017-4-26
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

fansb1fe1104 Posted at 2017-4-26 21:09
Yeah someone who says meteorites can't appear horizontal.......do you ever think before you speak?

You are an idiot, don't compound the problem.
2017-4-26
Use props
fansb1fe1104
Second Officer
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-4-26 22:21
You are an idiot, don't compound the problem.

Sky watchers in North America may be able to spot an unusually beautiful type of meteor called Earthgrazers during this year's Leonid shower. Earthgrazers are long, bright shooting stars that streak overhead from just below the horizon. They often display colorful halos and long-lasting trails. Earthgrazers are so distinctive because they follow a path nearly parallel to our atmosphere.

http://www.spaceweather.com/meteoroutlook/earthgrazers.html

I'm sorry they don't travel horizontal????? Why don't you try explaining that one Bill Nye before you go calling people an idiot????
2017-4-26
Use props
fansb1fe1104
Second Officer
United States

Labroides Posted at 2017-4-26 22:18
And when you come out in a public forum with a completely laughable story like micro UFOs caught on my drone camera, you should expect to be ridiculed.
Very few people are going to take you seriously ... and you shouldn't take any notice of anyone that does.

Do you even know how to read??????? The title Is UFO caught on cam by p4? In the description I said tiny UFO's not realizing the idiots like you would actually take that explanation seriously..... I stated my opinion is it might be small pieces of meteorite rock.....But you obviously have selective reading abilities and right away you are quick to try and belittle people with your smart ass remarks.
2017-4-26
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules