DJI App 4.0 Top Altitude at 0 in flight records...
1741 16 2017-4-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans542c1963
New
Flight distance : 61864 ft
Netherlands

Hello,

I have my mavic pro now for a few weeks and I noticed the Top Altitude in my flight records is still at 0 after 24 flights.
I have my app running on a Samsung Galaxy S7 with the latest software and updates. I do see my altitude in my flight list below.
Does anyone has this problem and is there a solution?
I have already deleted the app and reinstelled it, but this didn't resolve the problem.

Flight records

Flight records

Thank you!
Michiel
2017-4-26
Use props
Lok Mavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1486660 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Michiel, do you live near sea? Try bring your drone on top of a hill and fly it from there. I think the Top Altitude means the Top Altitude you took off, not the top altitude you have climbed using the drone. In iOS it labelled as Max Takeoff Altitude.
PS: If I were you, I will be more concerned about flying with no GPS than the Max Altitude = 0.

Max takeoff altitude

Max takeoff altitude
2017-4-26
Use props
Dennis.D
lvl.1
Flight distance : 47503 ft
Australia

Hi fans542c1963,

How did you go with this?
I have the same issue, mine hasn't moved from 0.0 metres.

Any ideas? Anyone?
2017-6-20
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

HI.

Have before been in dialogue about figures regarding height. Unfortunately, nobody was bothering to tell which version of DJIGO4 APP and whether it's from Android or iOS.

In one or two of the older Android editions (can not remember which), there was an error that caused the numbers TOP ALTITUDE not to be calculated and updated but vas 0.0 meter. Then I'm right if I guess it's not the latest version of DJIGO4 you're using.?

In the latest version (Android 4.1.2) everything should be ok.

Regards Leif.
2017-6-20
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Denmark

Lok Mavic Posted at 2017-4-26 07:55
Hi Michiel, do you live near sea? Try bring your drone on top of a hill and fly it from there. I think the Top Altitude means the Top Altitude you took off, not the top altitude you have climbed using the drone. In iOS it labelled as Max Takeoff Altitude.
PS: If I were you, I will be more concerned about flying with no GPS than the Max Altitude = 0.

HI.

Have before been in dialogue about figures regarding height. Unfortunately, nobody was bothering to tell which version of DJIGO4 APP and whether it's from Android or iOS.

It appeared that DJI's programmers in the iOS versions of the APP have misunderstood what they are calculating in the MAX TAKEOFF ALTITUDE field. In the field you will only find the highest altitude you have flown over your take off point in the log. The text should definitely be TOP ALTITUDE as in the Android version of DJIGO4

Please note that the number is not ASL but AGL (Above Ground Level) as Mavic + DJIGO4 does not try and make calculations that include the absolute height above the ocean surface!

Regards Leif.
2017-6-20
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Denmark

Dennis.D Posted at 2017-6-20 19:34
Hi fans542c1963,

How did you go with this?

Hi Dennis.

Hope my two above answers make sense to you. Update your DJIGO4 if you want the number in TOP ALTITUDE calculated.  

Regards Leif.
2017-6-20
Use props
Dennis.D
lvl.1
Australia

Hi Leif,

My app is current, as of the update that DJI pushed this morning, my firmware is also current.

The issue is still there.

Screenshot_20170621-152159.jpg
2017-6-20
Use props
Dennis.D
lvl.1
Australia

I will do a flight when I get home and see if it changes.
2017-6-20
Use props
Lok Mavic
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Landbo Posted at 2017-6-20 20:49
HI.

I think there was no error in Max Takeoff Altitude on iOS. My max altitude (AGL) is 400m as confirmed by Airdata.

Max altitude

Max altitude
2017-6-20
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Denmark

Dennis.D Posted at 2017-6-20 21:20
Hi Leif,

My app is current, as of the update that DJI pushed this morning, my firmware is also current.

Yes try and fly a trip. My TOP ALTITUDE in Android DJIGO4 shows 103.5 meters, which was flown in the middle of March.  

Regards Leif.
2017-6-21
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Denmark

Lok Mavic Posted at 2017-6-20 23:10
I think there was no error in Max Takeoff Altitude on iOS. My max altitude (AGL) is 400m as confirmed by Airdata.

Wondering if there should be a hill with a height of 400 meters near Dundee, Scotland. I can, however, be wrong !!!

Honestly, suppose there are errors in the code on the iOS edition of DJIGO4 also.

Regards Leif.
2017-6-21
Use props
Dennis.D
lvl.1
Australia

You forgot to add to the video the part that has any relevance to this thread, but hey, you got a view out of it.
2017-6-21
Use props
Lok Mavic
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Landbo Posted at 2017-6-21 05:45
Wondering if there should be a hill with a height of 400 meters near Dundee, Scotland. I can, however, be wrong !!!

Honestly, suppose there are errors in the code on the iOS edition of DJIGO4 also.

There's none. Thats why I think it just mislabelled. Should be labelled as Max Takeoff Altitude instead of Max Altitude. In my case, DJI Go did log my data right, max takeoff altitude 163m from nearby hill and 400m for max flight altitude.
2017-6-22
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Denmark

Lok Mavic Posted at 2017-6-22 02:45
There's none. Thats why I think it just mislabelled. Should be labelled as Max Takeoff Altitude instead of Max Altitude. In my case, DJI Go did log my data right, max takeoff altitude 163m from nearby hill and 400m for max flight altitude.

I disagree with you since the TOP ALTITUDE field in the Android edition of DJIGO4 just points to the log's highest altitude above the takeoff point.

When you look into your log on the date MAX TAKEOFF ALTITUDE points, it must be reasonably easy and find the height of ASL in the place where you take off from.

Regards Leif.
2017-6-22
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Denmark

Dennis.D Posted at 2017-6-20 21:31
I will do a flight when I get home and see if it changes.

Are there any changes in the MAX ALTITUDE field in your log Dennis ?

Regards Leif.
2017-6-22
Use props
Dennis.D
lvl.1
Australia

I only did a quick flight at home due to drizzle, which is about 35m elevation at the takeoff point.
No change to the value.
I even tried with an iOS device as well as my usual S7

Something is definitely broken.

Next course of action is to fly from a local high point which is about 245m
2017-6-22
Use props
fans6956bca3
lvl.1
Ireland

Michiel thank you for this information and also screen print of the FL would anyone tell me why it is that I have flown total flights 119 yet my growth value is showing 1
2017-6-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules