iphone screen flickering black???
518 11 2017-4-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pixel Folks
lvl.1
Flight distance : 74623 ft
Mexico

Hello I'm about to buy a used phantom 4 pro, everything was ok, just one question , when I hit the record option, the iphone screen started to flickering black, but when watching the video on the pc, everything was ok.

is this normal? should I buy it or not?

2017-4-26
Use props
Pixel Folks
lvl.1
Mexico

something like this

2017-4-26
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Pixel Folks Posted at 2017-4-26 14:11
something like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rmq6QiYQY1s

Just to clarify, which iPhone model are you using along with Go app version? Does this happen both inside and outside?
2017-4-26
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

What flickering are you talking about???
2017-4-26
Use props
Pixel Folks
lvl.1
Mexico

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-26 15:18
Just to clarify, which iPhone model are you using along with Go app version? Does this happen both inside and outside?

is the iphone 6s, whad do you mean by inside and outside? inside the app? it just happens like in the video, only when you hit record
2017-4-27
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Pixel Folks Posted at 2017-4-27 06:06
is the iphone 6s, whad do you mean by inside and outside? inside the app? it just happens like in the video, only when you hit record

I do apologize for the vague terms, what I was asking whether this happens while both indoors and outdoors. In addition, do you notice this while only filming at high resolutions or does it happen at lower resolutions? Do you also have the app set up to cache video? For the latter questions, it could be that the app is straining to encode the video while simultaneously maintaining all the other functions in the Go app.
2017-4-27
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-4-26 18:40
What flickering are you talking about???

I believe he's referring to the black/green distortion that predominantly happens at around the 2:05 min mark and beyond.
2017-4-27
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-27 07:12
I believe he's referring to the black/green distortion that predominantly happens at around the 2:05 min mark and beyond.

My mistake I thought it was a picture... But any how isn't he suppose to use DGJIGO4 instead DGI GO???
2017-4-27
Use props
Pixel Folks
lvl.1
Mexico

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-27 07:09
I do apologize for the vague terms, what I was asking whether this happens while both indoors and outdoors. In addition, do you notice this while only filming at high resolutions or does it happen at lower resolutions? Do you also have the app set up to cache video? For the latter questions, it could be that the app is straining to encode the video while simultaneously maintaining all the other functions in the Go app.

I will try that, and update the thread! Thank bro!
2017-4-27
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Pixel Folks Posted at 2017-4-27 07:54
I will try that, and update the thread! Thank bro!

No problem. I just noticed that you're also using the Go app and not the Go4. have you tried using the Go4 app to see if there's any difference? Is the unit fully updated to the latest firmware? Is hardware decoding enabled as well since you're using an iOS?
2017-4-27
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-4-27 07:23
My mistake I thought it was a picture... But any how isn't he suppose to use DGJIGO4 instead DGI GO???

That was something that I missed, thanks for pointing it out. Due to when the P4/Go4 app were released, it along with the Mavic are those 'odd ball' products that are present in both apps. That could potentially be an issue.
2017-4-27
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-27 08:21
That was something that I missed, thanks for pointing it out. Due to when the P4/Go4 app were released, it along with the Mavic are those 'odd ball' products that are present in both apps. That could potentially be an issue.

I had to slow down the video 10 0,25 because he had his finger covering it...
2017-4-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules