Overpriced selfie stick
1315 9 2017-4-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans3168219b
New
United States

Essentially, the DJI Osmo Mobile device is an overpriced selfie stick. The device itself randomly resets, responds whenever and however it wants to, and overheats within 10 minutes of use (so much so that you can't touch it with your hand).

As far as the app goes, it does allow you to set the camera up in the ways it says you can. However, getting the device itself to respond the way you expect it to based on the settings you created in the app is apparently too much for either the app or the device to handle. I'm so freaking frustrated with this "glorified selfie stick" and I wish I could return it for a full refund.

Additionally, although I have an iPhone 7 Plus with 128 GB of memory, when I attempt to 'save' the videos to my phone, it says there isn't enough available space. What!!! You've got to be kidding me! I have about 30 videos that I can't save to my phone. I can't even replay them on my phone - from within the app! All I get is a black screen, which by the way, I can't escape from without closing the app and removing it from the list of apps currently running on my phone.

The point of my rant here is to say this; DON'T BUY THE DJI OSMO MOBILE DEVICE!!!
2017-4-27
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

About the over heating Id suggest to send it in for evaluation.

As for the saving of videos I dont really thing its DJIs fault you dont have enough room on your phone to save them...
2017-4-27
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

PS I have a regular Osmo and love it.
2017-4-27
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

If you're having technical issues with your device, please contact customer support asap. Else, go into detail about what your issues are so other users or mods here can help.
2017-4-27
Use props
SteveDickin
Second Officer
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I will bullet point the issues that the OP has mentioned so that people maybe can help:

1) The device randomly resets.
2) Overheats within 10 minutes of use.
3) iPhone 7 Plus with 128 GB of memory says there isn't enough available space.
4) Replaying video on the phone from within the app causes black screen meaning a force close required.

I agree, he could have handled this in a more appropriate manner, but he has laid out quite a lot of money and is obviously not having much fun.

Peace.
2017-4-28
Use props
Michael Kaine
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1217520 ft
  • >>>
United States

LMAO @ "overpriced selfie stick" I thought I made that one up
2017-4-28
Use props
Michael Kaine
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1217520 ft
  • >>>
United States

FrequentFlyer Posted at 2017-4-27 09:54
About the over heating Id suggest to send it in for evaluation.

As for the saving of videos I dont really thing its DJIs fault you dont have enough room on your phone to save them...

I remember seeing that guy on YouTube once or twice but I doubt that's your him "Fanboy"^
2017-4-28
Use props
fans3168219b
New
United States

@DJIJoe - FYI - I did contact customer service. After spending 20 minutes with them, they told me I had to contact a different customer service number.
2017-4-28
Use props
Ace Rocket
New
United States

I love my DJI Osmo.  I ended up buying it at Bestbuy with the extended warranty.  Any issues, I would have to deal with Bestbuy.  I do know what you're talking about the overheating part.  I don't think it overheats after 10 minutes. I was creating videos and it over heated about an hour of filming.  I just let it cool off and it was ok after that.  

I think knowing that amount of money that you were going to spend, maybe do more research on it.  I did a lot and compared it with other brands out there and still went with the OSMO. I would highly recommend it if you can afford it.  If not use a tripod

2017-4-28
Use props
alphacrust
lvl.2
Flight distance : 33566 ft
United Kingdom

Can't offer anything on the others but I'll have a go at 1/2...  I know it sounds patronising but are you balancing the phone correctly ?  You need to ensure that the phone is perfectly balanced prior to turning the Osmo on.  I know the gimbal will look at if it's coped with the phone being out of balance once it's booted up but it's putting excess strain on the motors if it's not been correctly balanced beforehand.  The 7 plus is quite heavy so may well need some counterbalance on the motors to give it some additional help, especially if you're trying to balance with a case on too.
2017-4-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules