Phantom 3 Standard
1579 13 2017-4-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fit Farmer
lvl.1
United States

I have a new Phantom 3 Standard and cannot get the controller to link to the drone. My unit looks slightly different from the tutorials, the drone has an LED light where the manual shows a button for linking. Please help.

David Senn
2017-4-27
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Just to clarify, are you referring to the directions that are in the Go app? I'd recommend checking the manual on the DJI Website:

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... al_v1.4_en_0112.pdf

If this manual is what you're referring to, could you happen to provide a picture of your set up?
2017-4-27
Use props
Fit Farmer
lvl.1
United States

WOW! No life here.
2017-5-1
Use props
Fit Farmer
lvl.1
United States

Fit Farmer Posted at 2017-5-1 14:18
WOW! No life here.

Oops, that was not meant for this forum.
2017-5-1
Use props
Fit Farmer
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-4-27 20:32
Just to clarify, are you referring to the directions that are in the Go app? I'd recommend checking the manual on the DJI Website:

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_3_standard/en/Phantom_3_Standard_User_Manual_v1.4_en_0112.pdf

I tried the manual in the app as well as the online manual. Pictures below.
2017-05-01 17.40.31.jpg
2017-05-01 17.40.53.jpg
2017-05-01 17.41.27.jpg
2017-5-1
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Fit Farmer Posted at 2017-5-1 14:41
I tried the manual in the app as well as the online manual. Pictures below.

The manual pdf in the app is the same one as what I provided to you in the last post, so the linking information would be correct.  The "how to connect" instructions in the app is the section that's off, which has already been reported to the proper team. Just to clarify for you, that small LED is also the linking button. Could you happen to tell me what color that LED is when you have both the RC and AC on?
2017-5-1
Use props
Fit Farmer
lvl.1
United States

It is red. The remote also remains red.
2017-5-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Fit Farmer Posted at 2017-5-2 05:00
It is red. The remote also remains red.

Just to clarify, you weren't able to use the instructions on page 24 of the manual with success? Have you also tried to Go app method? When you were looking up tutorials, was this the one you were looking at? In addition, the gimbal dial on the RC is rubber and not metal, correct? It's a little hard to tell in the picture.

2017-5-2
Use props
Fit Farmer
lvl.1
United States

Ok! Aircraft linked with controller! I will go back through the manual to finish setting up, I'll come back to this thread with results. Thanks Jamie.
2017-5-3
Use props
Fit Farmer
lvl.1
United States

Got back to the P3 today. Everything links up, I get the camera view on my phone and message says:"aircraft warming up" after about thirty seconds the message changes to: "disconnected". This has happened twice. Do you know what I am doing wrong?
2017-5-7
Use props
Fit Farmer
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Jamie, I am still unable to get this Phantom 3 to fly, should I return it as defective?
2017-5-9
Use props
Fit Farmer
lvl.1
United States

The gimbal dial is rubber. I printed the online manual and have followed the steps. I feel that the unit is defective. Do you have any suggestions?
2017-5-9
Use props
Fit Farmer
lvl.1
United States

When a forced update came through the controller and aircraft linked up and everything is working great!
2017-9-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Fit Farmer Posted at 2017-9-28 17:36
When a forced update came through the controller and aircraft linked up and everything is working great!

Glad to hear that. Hope everything goes smoothly and have a great time on flying.
2017-9-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules