How great is this thing?
581 6 2017-4-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
InvisibleElvis
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3192 ft
Australia

I was flying my Mavic over an empty park today, clear away from people, cars and the like and a father with his two sons came onto the park to take his kids on the swings. I immediately brought it down because I didn't want to be responsible for injuring anyone and the father struck up a conversation with me, his awe struck kids started asking all sorts of questions about it. Had a great conversation because of my Mavic that made my day.
2017-4-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Good job , good stories are nice to hear. Enjoy the Mavic..
2017-4-28
Use props
Rhidz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 559616 ft
United Kingdom

Very responsible of you, good job! Glad you made some new friends
2017-4-28
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

Invisible , Good for you -- This is what one of the things RC flying is all about -- Jump Starting a Childs      
               imagination -- I wouldn't be surprised if the dad goes out and buys the kids one
FlySafe-FlyFree
2017-4-28
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

I'm surprised they didn't want to see you fly.  We have a large soccer complex on the edge of town with a road all the way around it.  People sometimes come out to walk their dogs or just make a few loops for exercise.  The place is almost always vacant of activity, and was that way when I first went out there.  While I was flying over the field, a woman and her grandson walked up on the surrounding road and stopped so the grandson could watch.  I talked to them for a few minutes and then brought the Phantom over about 25 feet away from us and slightly above so the grandson could look at it closer.  I showed them the controller and what you can see on the device while flying and then went up for a higher view.  The little boy lit up like a Christmas tree and Grandma was impressed.  I kinda wonder if there might have been a small drone near the Christmas tree that Christmas morning.  They were very interested.
2017-4-28
Use props
InvisibleElvis
lvl.1
Australia

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-4-28 04:48
Invisible , Good for you -- This is what one of the things RC flying is all about -- Jump Starting a Childs      
               imagination -- I wouldn't be surprised if the dad goes out and buys the kids one
FlySafe-FlyFree

I think they'd be a bit young but it was great to see the sense of wonder
2017-4-28
Use props
InvisibleElvis
lvl.1
Australia

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2017-4-28 05:10
I'm surprised they didn't want to see you fly.  We have a large soccer complex on the edge of town with a road all the way around it.  People sometimes come out to walk their dogs or just make a few loops for exercise.  The place is almost always vacant of activity, and was that way when I first went out there.  While I was flying over the field, a woman and her grandson walked up on the surrounding road and stopped so the grandson could watch.  I talked to them for a few minutes and then brought the Phantom over about 25 feet away from us and slightly above so the grandson could look at it closer.  I showed them the controller and what you can see on the device while flying and then went up for a higher view.  The little boy lit up like a Christmas tree and Grandma was impressed.  I kinda wonder if there might have been a small drone near the Christmas tree that Christmas morning.  They were very interested.

I really wanted to show them and they really wanted to see but I didn't feel comfortable flying with people nearby. They were a little disappointed but were understanding about it. I'm only up to flight 3
2017-4-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules