First edit in a LONG time, first edited footage from Mavic.
867 9 2017-4-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rhidz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 559616 ft
United Kingdom

A little edit I worked on this morning, from footage I captured in Montserrat, Spain. Let me know what you guys think, it's not the best but I want to improve at editing and capturing in general.

2017-4-28
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Beautifull mountains..Just keep an eye on the exposure...
2017-4-28
Use props
DJL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 795810 ft
United States

Nice! What editing software did you use?
2017-4-28
Use props
Rhidz
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJL Posted at 2017-4-28 08:26
Nice! What editing software did you use?

Vegas 13. I don't have access to anything else right now. Tempted in trying out Premiere Pro.
2017-4-28
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Rhidz Posted at 2017-4-28 08:30
Vegas 13. I don't have access to anything else right now. Tempted in trying out Premiere Pro.

Nice job on the video; it looks like it's vertically cropped and I like the result.

You might also consider CyberLink's PowerDirector; it's a bit more affordable than Premiere Pro and I've been very happy with it.
2017-4-28
Use props
Circle3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1007070 ft
United States

Nice looking location. A bit over exposed. Blanked out video for scene changes could be more graceful.
2017-4-28
Use props
Laval076
lvl.3
Flight distance : 87438 ft
  • >>>
France

The 240p effect is incredible !!!!
2017-4-28
Use props
Rhidz
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Laval076 Posted at 2017-4-28 18:26
The 240p effect is incredible !!!!

I don't like 5+ minute videos of repetitive footage, but I'm not gonna go out my way to ONLY tell you the negatives about your video and defnitely not with sarcasm.
2017-4-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Rhidz Posted at 2017-4-29 02:28
I don't like 5+ minute videos of repetitive footage, but I'm not gonna go out my way to ONLY tell you the negatives about your video and defnitely not with sarcasm.

Final Cut Pro is excellent very easy to use, a little more difficult to master, but it's a great price.

I like your attempt at wide screen, but there is a lot of glitches in your editing I think it's your editing, also maybe a little more planning in what your going to film will help, you can get great footage by flying straight to your subject or flying away from your subject to reveal beautiful landscapes, keep working on your settings and maybe look at filters, all in all you going in the right direction.

Good job...
2017-4-29
Use props
Rhidz
lvl.2
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-4-29 04:12
Final Cut Pro is excellent very easy to use, a little more difficult to master, but it's a great price.

I like your attempt at wide screen, but there is a lot of glitches in your editing I think it's your editing, also maybe a little more planning in what your going to film will help, you can get great footage by flying straight to your subject or flying away from your subject to reveal beautiful landscapes, keep working on your settings and maybe look at filters, all in all you going in the right direction.

I'll look into Final Cut Pro.

Yeah the editing isn't the best, although I didn't tweak the look of the footage within Vegas (color correction, contrast, etc) I only attempted to audio sync with the music and add the wide screen touch.

I believe the exposure and my settings of the Mavic aren't the best. I've been playing around with it for a while, seem to be getting bad results most of the time. I have been thinking about trying filters.

Thanks for your reply

2017-4-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules